Fantastic win for India, top knock by the usual culprit and the "Mascarenhas' massacre"

fineleg

Sure Sriram you can but not one appreciative word for poor Mascarenhas? Just poor bowling by Yuvi is that?
Yes , definately some lusty hitting by Dmitiri , no doubts on that. But my mind refuses too see this topic in that vein. All i keep thinking is - " Bad bowling , we shouldnt have conceded 30 runs in that ove":D
Yes , definately some lusty hitting by Dmitiri , no doubts on that. But my mind refuses too see this topic in that vein. All i keep thinking is - " Bad bowling , we shouldnt have conceded 30 runs in that ove":D
I can see where you are coming from. I was quite the same last night. Middle of the night and this bloke is creaming sixes for fun. I was mighty pissed at Yuvraj but then watched the recorded last over again and thought man this is an awesome feat. If you see in my first post I say "hard not to appreciate".
I can see where you are coming from. I was quite the same last night. Middle of the night and this bloke is creaming sixes for fun. I was mighty pissed at Yuvraj but then watched the recorded last over again and thought man this is an awesome feat. If you see in my first post I say "hard not to appreciate".
True. Kudos to him.
Ravi , this guy is just swiping through the line of the ball. No timing , just muscling it away. He is connecting now , so good for him. But i dont exactly expect him to set the world on fire. Quicker , more clever bowlers will sort him out.
Thats quite correct. Exactly my read on Mascrenhas. He's only come up with these big hits against spinners. Almost every stroke an action replay of the previous. Our retarded team management, keeps feeding this dude to his strengths. He may have been already figured out. I dont expect Dimitry to play more than a dozen ODIs for England.
2002; Irani 2004; Wharf 2007; Mascarenhas India make a star out of some loser on every England tour. Mascarenhas will be no different
Agreed. Yes, this Massacrena$ will hit all these lusty shots against pop-gun bowling. Even a slightly better bowling will figure him out. India will always create a new star for the opposition side, and soon another country will expose that star.

yea every appreciate that batsman. The real hero is YUVRAJ SINGH. He is a spinner bowler, and he is throwing it with lot speed on the ball in the EXACT place like dumb buffoon. Also our great captain dravid gave him the last over. Anywayz what can he do? agakar would have gone for the same or even more...

If Piyush Chawla's momentum had carried him sideways instead of over the boundary, we wouldn't be having this conversation. For all we know, the hapless tailenders who followed would've come in and got out trying to slog, and all of a sudden Yuvraj would be a hero and RSD would be a genius. All is well that ends well :)

Think you all would like Harsha Bhogle's latest column . I'm posting it here: India can create history at Lord's harsha_bhogle_55x65_1188552807599.jpgBy: Harsha Bhogle Thursday September 06, 2007 Five years ago on a lovely, genuinely summer evening, I was sitting in a corner studio at Lord’s. India had just produced one of the most remarkable run chases and, like Kofi Annan might have, was sitting between Navjot Sidhu and Geoffrey Boycott hearing, and watching, pointed statements and expressions fly past. It was a beautiful, long evening and as I savoured it, I wondered how many more of those I would experience. On Wednesday at the Oval, those memories came back. Some of us have privileged professions! Robin Uthappa showed the fearlessness of youth even as Mahendra Singh Dhoni, an even more fearsome striker, showed how experience, and the attendant responsibility, can mellow people. I was almost tempted to use the word stifle instead of mellow but that would do Dhoni some injustice even though he seems to be on that path. It came off for Uthappa and, as a result, it came off for Dravid whose call it surely would have been to play him as a floater. It is a luxury that well-balanced teams can afford themselves. The ideal one-day side is self-sufficient with ten players; five batsmen, four bowlers, one all-rounder and ten fielders. You could make those specifications more precise; the wicket keeper is one of the batsmen, one of the bowlers bats and one of the batsmen bowls a bit. Then you play the floater. Uthappa can play that role more often if one, he is allowed to fail occasionally as he will, and two, since he doesn’t bowl, if two of the top five batsmen can bowl ten overs between them consistently. So where does that all-rounder come from? Let’s do a bit of profiling that will aid in the search. We are looking for somebody who bats at number six, ideally even number five, for his state and bowls ten overs every time. If he can do that he might be able to bat at number 7 in international cricket and bowl 5-6 overs though, truth be told, the gap between first class cricket in India and international cricket is even more than that. The alternative, the easier search, is for existing players to upgrade skills; Ramesh Powar with his fitness for example, Yuvraj Singh with his bowling (the Oval hammering will not happen every day!). And for someone like Piyush Chawlato start batting at number 5 for his state. That is where someone like Ajit Agarkar looked like heading when he first came into the Indian squad. He has tried long enough to tell people that he is a bowler, and that is where his continued existence lies, but he would have been far more valuable if he had worked on his batting enough to bat at number 7. Now, he only averages 8 from his last 20 games and is a hit or miss cricketer. That makes him good enough to be a fifth bowler but sadly not one of four on a consistent basis. And so the dilemma for Indian cricket continues. Give youth a chance, Ian Chappell said, echoing the popular number from the Beatles. And there is youth around in Uthappa, Gambhir, Karthik, Rohit Sharma and Manoj Tewari. But where do they fit in? Sachin Tendulkar is batting in one-day cricket like he is one of the youngsters and Sourav Ganguly is enjoying himself. He is smiling a lot, is feisty with kids in the opposition and is bowling in the right areas and within the power plays. In three games out of six, Tendulkar and Ganguly, the greatest opening combination in the history of one-day cricket, have put on a century partnership and India have won each of those three. Rahul Dravid is batting freely and Yuvraj Singh at last seems to have a permanent position at number 4. And I would be very disappointed if Sehwag is not eyeing, and working strongly towards, a spot in the eleven as well. How then does Abhimanyu enter this chakravyuha? And what fun it would be if there was even half the competition among the bowlers. India have given themselves a great chance of ending this see-saw tour on a high. London is seeing the last of the sun and Lord’s should have a good surface. India’s batsmen should enjoy the conditions and if the bowlers come to the party, the one-day series win can be added to the test series win. Dravid said he feared that if India lost the one-dayers the victory in the Tests would be forgotten. He has a great opportunity of ensuring that doesn’t happen. Then maybe, just maybe, that old corner studio at Lord’s can become a shrine. -------------------------------------------------------- Wonder how he completely forgot about Irfan Pathan. If that guy comes in form, most of our problems will be solved!