Transfer rumours and news thread -- 2013/14

Sidhoni

^ O wow! well that shoots Arsenal out of the water. If Utd are having a poor Transfer Summer than Arsenal having talked so much are struggling. Unless they sign Suarez and really shut people up Great signing for Napoli and arguably just as good a striker to replace Cavani at 20 Mill cheaper. So far theyve invested the Cavani money in Callejon, Albiol and now Higuian to add to the signing of Driers Mertens earlier in the summer. I wish they and not Roma had signed Strootman

^ O wow! well that shoots Arsenal out of the water. If Utd are having a poor Transfer Summer than Arsenal having talked so much are struggling. Unless they sign Suarez and really shut people up Great signing for Napoli and arguably just as good a striker to replace Cavani at 20 Mill cheaper. So far theyve invested the Cavani money in Callejon, Albiol and now Higuian to add to the signing of Driers Mertens earlier in the summer. I wish they and not Roma had signed Strootman
If they get Higuain, they have done superb business in this transfer market, also thought to be close to agreeing a loan deal for Pepe Reina. Now they just need another wing-back and a central midfielder to beef up their squad.

Apparently Chelsea offered 20m + Mata + Luiz. I would accept that if I was Moyes. Luiz is probably the best young defender right now and it is not as if they are short on strikers. They can play Hernandez or even Mata along with RVP. They signed Zaha last year, wonder what happened to him.

Apparently Chelsea offered 20m + Mata + Luiz. I would accept that if I was Moyes. Luiz is probably the best young defender right now and it is not as if they are short on strikers. They can play Hernandez or even Mata along with RVP. They signed Zaha last year' date= wonder what happened to him.
Can't be true - thats just way too much for Rooney. If somehow, Chelsea are stupid enough to make such an offer, ManUtd should jump at it IMO.

If they get Higuain, they have done superb business in this transfer market, also thought to be close to agreeing a loan deal for Pepe Reina. Now they just need another wing-back and a central midfielder to beef up their squad.
Yes I thought so, which is why it would have been great had they got Strootman. That Roma move- whilst great for them, him and De Rossi midfield would be sick!- seems odd from Strootmans point of view. Does he not want European football. Dont know if Napoli will play wingbacks under Benitez... Apparently Higauin wants to move to the Prem. Napoli also chasing Damaio

Can't be true - thats just way too much for Rooney. If somehow' date=' Chelsea are stupid enough to make such an offer, ManUtd should jump at it IMO.[/quote'] Yes Rooney is worth less than Mata alone. If Luiz does go he'd be a good fit in Utds midfield

Can't be true - thats just way too much for Rooney. If somehow' date=' Chelsea are stupid enough to make such an offer, ManUtd should jump at it IMO.[/quote'] Yeah. They denied that Mata/Luiz were a part of the deal though the 20M part was true