Irani Trophy 2013 ( Feb 6-10)

saneindian

I'm starting to like Vijay! Only if he could cut down those 'adventurous strokes'
Those shots crept in because of IPL. When he started out, he looked like a proper test opener with good technique and temperament. Some of his on side shots and cover drives were similar to Laxman's. But then he lost his temperament and started playing too many shots. There is still a question mark over his ability to play pace bowling because he was poor in overseas tests. Pitch in Chennai where he plays most of his cricket is usually flat and slow and low and unhelpful for seamers. So this could be a reason for his weakness against good pace bowlers in helpful conditions.
The problem is that he only gets going on flat tracks. Even there he can get LBW.
The thing is, in South Africa like conditions, you have to play your strokes as a batsman because you never know when a good ball is going to come! This guy can score those quick 40-50s upfront, but yeah, I may be completely wrong!
The thing is' date=' in South Africa like conditions, you have to play your strokes as a batsman because you never know when a good ball is going to come! This guy can score those quick 40-50s upfront, but yeah, I may be completely wrong![/quote'] He played in SA last time. Looked completely clueless both in ODI's and Tests. Same in WI.