Ponting looks confident even in defeat

Ram

Saw the quick 2 minute chat Ponting had Pommie Mbangwa after the match. The guy looked cocky and confident , even after losing to Zimbabwe. His answers were very precise, frank and straigh-forward. No beating around the bush , trying to say the obvious. He replied with a suppressed grin saying that they were indeed turned over by Zimbabwe that day and went on to admit that maybe " We didnt give this form of the game the respect it deserves" Ponting is no Mr.Politically Correct. :two_thumbs_up:

Good to see a captain say it is and not resort to the usual - Boys played hard, better team won cr@polla. Fact is in International cricket if you lose against a minnow(in this case ZIM) it is often more a case of you having lost the match than the minnows having won it. No disrespect to lesser teams here. Good to see Aussie captain acknowledging his side's diabolical, his words, performance.

Fantastic win by the Zimmers! :regular_smile: I suggest the Indian team management sit their whole squad down to watch how Zimbabwe approached and played this match. I was impressed. It was the same sort of attitude a small terrier attacks a bigger dog - no fear. There was no 'honourable loss' mentality or 'just turning up' as Kenya and Scotland seemed to do, earlier in the day. Full marks to TT and his team. :two_thumbs_up::congrats:

That is an excuse. Aussies have been training for this particular format and have had their eyes set on this WC trophy.
There were no excuses. In his press conference, Ponting bluntly stated that his side were outplayed today - which is true. I like the way he talks - doesn't mince words, tells it like it is. I'll bet the Australian team will respond by beating England in their next match.
I suggest the Indian team management sit their whole squad down to watch how Zimbabwe approached and played this match. I was impressed. It was the same sort of attitude a small terrier attacks a bigger dog - no fear. There was no 'honourable loss' mentality or 'just turning up' as Kenya and Scotland seemed to do, earlier in the day.
All's good but why should Indian management look at how Zimboks approached the game? India isn't Zimbabwe from what I know. I don't quite understand where you are drawing the references to.
There were no excuses. In his press conference, Ponting bluntly stated that his side were outplayed today - which is true. I like the way he talks - doesn't mince words, tells it like it is. I'll bet the Australian team will respond by beating England in their next match.
Read the phrase again Pred, this is what Ponting said :
" We didnt give this form of the game the respect it deserves"
What does that mean?
Guest dada_rocks
Good to see a captain say it is and not resort to the usual - Boys played hard, better team won cr@polla. Fact is in International cricket if you lose against a minnow(in this case ZIM) it is often more a case of you having lost the match than the minnows having won it. No disrespect to lesser teams here. Good to see Aussie captain acknowledging his side's diabolical, his words, performance.
You just love dravid, don't you:cantstop:
All's good but why should Indian management look at how Zimboks approached the game? India isn't Zimbabwe from what I know. I don't quite understand where you are drawing the references to.
Any team who is seen to lack 'fire in the belly' - and this is RD & India - could learn from how the Zimmers played. I thought India should've thrashed the Poms in the one dayers but they lost 4 matches and simply capitulated/imploded in the decider. This is an Indian fansite. If I was posting in CaribbeanCricket, I would've used the Windies as the example because they also have the talent but not the mindset. Their loss to SA was just another example.
Guest dada_rocks
Any team who is seen to lack 'fire in the belly' - and this is RD & India - could learn from how the Zimmers played. I thought India should've thrashed the Poms in the one dayers but they lost 4 matches and simply capitulated/imploded in the decider. This is an Indian fansite. If I was posting in CaribbeanCricket, I would've used the Windies as the example because they also have the talent but not the mindset. Their loss to SA was just another example.
like australia capitulated in last home one day series against england .....