Irfan Pathan put one across Afridi today

King

We all know the battles these two have on field. Afridi came out short this game. Pathan smoked Afridi for huge sixes, the two top shots of the day while Afridi was at the receiving end and also failed to score quick runs. I guess this game belonged to Pathan and Afridi lost this battle hands down.

His two sixes were crucial in the context of the game.. But for them , we would have ended up with something around 125. And i havent even talked about his bowling yet ! He is my Mom ! Honestly fellas, he is one hell of a cricketer.. We would be doing ourselves a great mis-favor , if we continue to keep him out of the regular team.

Considering Afridi was coming off a successful game prior this one Irfan did took him on. I guess Irfan must have been charged up seeing Afridi was bowling. Afridi though got Irfan those two sixes were so sweetly hit, Afridi hardly looked pleased even after he got Irfan. Irfan scored 20 off 15 balls, picked up 2 wickets and bowled at a RPO of 4. Meanwhile Afridi scored 7 runs off 9 balls, picked up 2 wickets and conceded 37 runs at 9.33.

His two sixes were crucial in the context of the game.. But for them , we would have ended up with something around 125. And i havent even talked about his bowling yet ! He is my Mom ! Honestly fellas, he is one hell of a cricketer.. We would be doing ourselves a great mis-favor , if we continue to keep him out of the regular team.
Agreed that he is the potential all rounder that we are looking for. But i still wouldnt want to take him yet. You cannot judge a bowler by a single match performance. Irfan is taking a test now, and it has a looong way to go... about the MoM, i feel that asif is the right choice. It was an incredible performance. The 2nd ball to gambhir, it was just awesome.....Agreed irfan had a major say in tieing the match, but, the man who stood out was asif, not irfan.