Dhoni overtakes Ganguly's tally of 21 test wins as captain

saneindian

I never said "We won the WC only because of him". Your posts sound like I did.
What else am I supposed to think when in the midst of so many strong performances in the World Cup and also in the final the only one you choose to bring up his by "He won us the World Cup" instead of an honest assessment like "He played a role in winning the final after doing jack in the entire tournament"? :confused:
Oh he did - I just forgot because you know, "he won us the World Cup" :rofl: :rofl: You just couldn't bring yourself to say that India won the World Cup under his Captaincy, did you :giggle:
That is what I meant anyway.
What! Sri Lanka played the knockouts in India and Pak and SL hosted very less matches. India under Dhoni was the first team to lift the WC at home.
What else am I supposed to think when in the midst of so many strong performances in the World Cup and also in the final the only one you choose to bring up his by "He won us the World Cup" instead of an honest assessment like "He played a role in winning the final after doing jack in the entire tournament"? :confused:
That statement wasn't written to be portrayed literally. I said that because he was the captain. That can also be said about Kapil Dev as in, "He won us the '83 WC". That doesn't mean that we won the whole WC only because of Kapil Dev.
That is what I meant anyway.
I was referring to this:
Yeah' date=' statements like "[b']He won us the World Cup" are made to give credit to others. :blink:
Yeah' date= he did. With that match winning knock in the finals.But the whole team contributed to help us reach the finals.
That statement wasn't written to be portrayed literally. I said that because he was the captain. That can also be said about Kapil Dev as in' date=' "He won us the '83 WC". That doesn't mean that we won the whole WC only because of Kapil Dev.[/quote'] Either you are confused or are trying to confuse me. Where does captaincy come into the picture when you are talking about how he won us the World Cup with his match winning knock : "Yeah, he did. With that match winning knock in the finals. But the whole team contributed to help us reach the finals." The contribution of the team according to you was to help us reach the finals, after which Dhoni won us the World Cup.
Either you are confused or are trying to confuse me. Where does captaincy come into the picture when you are talking about how he won us the World Cup with his match winning knock : "Yeah, he did. With that match winning knock in the finals. But the whole team contributed to help us reach the finals." The contribution of the team according to you was to help us reach the finals, after which Dhoni won us the World Cup.
And beyond. Gauti and Yuvi played well in the final as well. But the standout performer in the final was Dhoni which is also why he became the man of the match.
Why didn't you see the full sentence. "The whole team also contributed in making us reach the finals" And even in the finals, Dhoni wasn't the one man army. Like Outy mentioned, Yuvi and Gauti also played well.
As Outy just mentioned, your post showed that the team helped in reaching the Finals and in the Finals Dhoni won the World Cup.
And beyond. Gauti and Yuvi played well in the final as well. But the standout performer in the final was Dhoni which is also why he became the man of the match.
But that's not what you said initially. You started with how Dhoni won us the World Cup with his match winning knock, then gradually admitted that the rest of the team played a role in getting us to the finals, and now are gradually admitting the role of other players in the finals. Why was it so difficult to make an honest statement initially rather than quickly jump to label others as haters.
But that's not what you said initially. You started with how Dhoni won us the World Cup with his match winning knock, then gradually admitted that the rest of the team played a role in getting us to the finals, and now are gradually admitting the role of other players in the finals. Why was it so difficult to make an honest statement initially rather than quickly jump to label others as haters.
But I didn't start off with saying that Dhoni is the sole reason for our WC win. I have already explained the context of that post. That statement("He won us the WC", God its becoming a cliche) can also be used for Kapil or Ponting or any other World Cup winning captain.
But I didn't start off with saying that Dhoni is the sole reason for our WC win. I have already explained the context of that post. That statement("He won us the WC"' date=' God its becoming a cliche) can also be used for Kapil or Ponting or any other World Cup winning captain.[/quote'] This is getting tiring. Initially, when you were asked to explain the statement you said, "Yeah, he did. With that match winning knock in the finals. But the whole team contributed to help us reach the finals." Now you are saying you meant it not as the above but because he was captain.
This. I can't believe how people can be so hateful. Just because Dhoni is the captain' date=' they don't even enjoy if India is winning![/quote'] Most of us can already see the thrashing we will receive with kaptaan kool at the helm later this year and next year especially since away matches are practice matches.
Are you dense? I am asking for a spectacular wicket keeping performance from him where he was able to make a deep impact on a match by say taking 4-5 spectacular catches like Ganguly did at Brisbane or Kapil did at Ahmedabad.
Yeah' date=' and so is a 9/83 and a back on the wall hundred at Brisbane. We are talking about rare events of leading from the front.[/quote']