consequences of 20/20

kabira

as international team get used to the format.. you will see how ODI batting will change...Any target will be chaseable....350, 360 will not longer be safe and will be chased 50% time...basically teams will play normal cricket for 30 overs....score 150/180 and wickets in hand..lot of hitters coming and target 180/200 in next 20 overs..

not really kabira.. 2020 u get enough score because their is a over limit of just 4 overs per bowler.. in fifty a bowler has 10 overs to bowl.. u can bring ur bowler and play with bowling line up a lot rather then in 2020.. totally different game.. though i would say that u will notice that teams would get good nice starts after this 2020 overs.. i mean batting team.

I dont see how much could change. Consider this a 150 for 2 or 3 in 30 overs would be considered a good start. If you add 140-180 above this you get approx 300 or 330. Yes when teams get a good start even these days we see teams reach 300 or 330. Also in 20/20 u have the advantage of field restrictions in first 6 overs which wont happen in the 50 over format. So yes we will see more big hitting at the end but starts still matter and the outcomes wont be that different (I dont see more than a 10-15 run increase in avg if even that because this could all be neutralized with some bowler fiendly rules over the long term).