Who the hell is Dhoni?

How can this man be considered a contender for the captaincy. He has been around a few minutes and is being considered for the captaincy. WTF is going on!!! His keeping is very shoddy and he may not get in test team cos of this, as Karthicks glove work is far superior and his batting is probably more reliable as well. Dhoni is a player i like. But captain of the indian team? Captain of the test team? Do me a favour!

How can this man be considered a contender for the captaincy. He has been around a few minutes and is being considered for the captaincy. WTF is going on!!! His keeping is very shoddy and he may not get in test team cos of this, as Karthicks glove work is far superior and his batting is probably more reliable as well. Dhoni is a player i like. But captain of the indian team? Captain of the test team? Do me a favour!
Agreed. I think we should go for split. Dhoni for ODI's, I can accept but for tests its gotta be someone else.
haha he is our BEST odi bat along with Sachin. Too sad dravid fcked him up at no.7 all the time
Guest dada_rocks

Travesty is Dhoni is needed at both position three and seven.. what to do.. God knows when will others learn how to adapt.. sehwag's return is must so that there remains someone too tonk the bowling apart down the order if dhoni bats at number 3

Why do we keep saying Kartik is a better gloveman?. He did badly in the one time he put on the gloves during the england tour. To be honest that's the only time I have seen him, but he drops catches in the field. Maybe cause he is too used to gloves but dhoni holds on behind the stumps and his keeping was pretty good during the ODI series.

Captain of the test team? Do me a favour!
No way should Dhoni even be considered as test skipper. Ridiculous if he gets it
Surely cant be the Test Captain? Joke if he is
Come on, dsr. Surely you could squeeze out another one ? Only 3 times in 8 posts have you said exactly the same thing.
Dhoni is the only one apart from the seniors who is an automatic selection for both tests and ODIs. I think knowing how he performs in ODIs' date=' he will be appointed to tests as well. I am fine with it...was expecting Tendulkar to groom Dhoni, but they (seniors) can groom him even from behind the spotlight.[/quote'] Whats odi captaincy gotta do with the captain playing the tests as well. Its a split captaincy this time. Bad decision by the management imho. Havign a keeping captain is not good. Yuvraj was the right choice for the captaincy.
How are you so sure? List some leadership qualities he has exhibited over his career both on and off the field.
What has dhoni displayed? Did he have any skills? After the seniors, yuvraj is the most experienced, skilled and have good temperament and is agressive and can handle pressure situations. The matter of the fact is that a captain should command respect from the seniors as well as juniors with his performance. Yuvraj might not be the tendy or dravid yet but he sure has played some brilliant innings overseas as well in india to command respect from the LIEKS OF tendy and dravid. which just illustrates the point that he will make a good captain and he is a brilliant fielder and with his fielding, he can set the standrads for the indian team fielding and raise it above bar. Also captaining and keeping is a burder. not sure if dhoni will be able to handle that . plus he gotta sweep the floor too, i mean bat on the dusty pitches of india cuz on the other pitches, its just a matter of coming and going back or wasting tiem in the middle and not finding the gaps and leaving the pressure for the last min. and so on.....I can go on and on