Gandhiji keeps amazing me: Bhai mahan the aap janaab

Guest dada_rocks

Guest dada_rocks
Big deal. Gandhi chose to ignore some random babble. He had much bigger things to think about.
You have no idea what Khilafat movement was and how deep Gandhiji got India emersed in that meiangless ventureIand who were those Ali brothers otherwise u won't have qualified that by Random babble..

Guest dada_rocks
In point in trampling the grave of a benevolent dead man ' date=' end of story ![/quote'] That way history shoudl be dropepd from curriculum around the world.. what's the point of critiical assessment of deeds of this and that dead man. anyway.....:giggle:

Guest dada_rocks
Long story short - you refuse to be original and are more comfortable being an errand boy picking news from others. Thanks for settling that. xxx
Hardly relevant again, anyway next time try to come up with sthg relevant it's not that hard I tell you..

Guest dada_rocks

See none of these blokes took that silence of gandhi over his khilafat colleague for follow up posts so they have kind of accepted Gandhiji's blunder.. Ego is coming in way but deep down they know the truth..

Guest dada_rocks

So this was meaingless random babble in some people's book here; wonder what was 100000+ killed in MOPLA incidentaly over the culmination of same khilafat episode. Again noteworthy tidbit : Our great Mahatma again kept denying that mass-murder happened till Anie Besant ( a britisher btw) shoved the pile of evidence in his face. Even then with heavy heart all our Mahtama and his CWC friends could brought themselves to say was : Those rioters of MOPLA were provoked and were defending their faith in the way they deemed fit....Even Zaakir Naik will be proud of these sort ofwords.

Hardly relevant again' date=' anyway next time try to come up with sthg relevant it's not that hard I tell you..[/quote'] Yes thought so. Keep those rhetorics coming till you develop some knowledge/capacity of writing anything on your own. Till then let me thank you for being our errand boy of ICF who keeps picking news off these websites(yes no one else reads ibnlive, Outlook, Times of India etc etc...or so you may think). Now go get us some more news, this time from RSS mouthpiece preferably, havent read those piece of trash in a while.. Hurry up now :dance::dance: xxx

See none of these blokes took that silence of gandhi over his khilafat colleague for follow up posts so they have kind of accepted Gandhiji's blunder.. Ego is coming in way but deep down they know the truth..
Not true ! I am willing to concede that poor judgment was made by Gandhiji if OP is true, which I happen to believe it is . Now, would you be kind enough to consider the context , Gandhi wanted a united front against the British and hence the support for the Khilafat movement . That's why I am never in favor for this theory of "Enemy of Enemy is a Friend". Too much blow back from this principle , case in point USA tacit support for Mujhadeen against Soviet has come back to haunt them.

Not true ! I am willing to concede that poor judgment was made by Gandhiji if OP is true, which I happen to believe it is . Now, would you be kind enough to consider the context , Gandhi wanted a united front against the British and hence the support for the Khilafat movement . That's why I am never in favor for this theory of "Enemy of Enemy is a Friend". Too much blow back from this principle , case in point USA tacit support for Mujhadeen against Soviet has come back to haunt them.
The OP is twisted in its own ar$e. The poster, as always, picks a random article and points, again as usual, what suits his agenda. The original article is regarding the current Ram Setu controversy ongoing and the author(KPS Gill) has used this to take us back in time. Fair enough, thats his right as an author but you can bet your bottom dollar that right winger, or should I say right whiner, should pick this up to take pot-shots at Gandhi. Which is why I asked directly DR to be original and write what he feels about Gandhi, once and for all. No surprises that he surrendered without a fight. Obviously it goes without saying that his tag-team member runs with the ball without bothering to open the article and say "Hey wait a minute why are you making a Ram Setu article into a Gandhi bashing one". Getting back to the original topic(if you can call it that) I have started to wonder about KPS Gill. Too often I have seen him take pot shots at Muslims but rarely, if ever, has he ever painted the Sikhs with the same brush. Just go to this list of article on Outlook http://outlookindia.com/author.asp?name=K%2EP%2ES%2E+Gill and see how many of these directly deal with Islam. I remember once how he came strongly against Muslim in Parliamentary reservation based on religion. What he conviniently forgot in that article was that Sikhs were lot more vociferous about this in early 50s and had it not been for Maulana Abul Kalaam Azaad(who talked Muslims away from it back then) we would have had seperate seats for Muslim-Sikhs just as we have for SC/STs today. xxx

Are we dealing with beggers or what ??? just $10??? :hysterical: I think $100, 000 wont be more than penny for some one who could achieve and lead the 10% of life the way Gandhiji did. Where do you find such people. And we have guts to talk about His few mistakes. How can we know the cercumstances, the reality, what was going on in his mind etc. While I dont deny what OP states but it clearly shows where the attention of Right wing in our country is. Its petty that they have targeted our National Leader of his stature for all the time. Nehru ??? no comments..

Are we dealing with beggers or what ??? just $10??? :hysterical: I think $100, 000 wont be more than penny for some one who could achieve and lead the 10% of life the way Gandhiji did. Where do you find such people. And we have guts to talk about His few mistakes. How can we know the cercumstances, the reality, what was going on in his mind etc. While I dont deny what OP states but it clearly shows where the attention of Right wing in our country is. Its petty that they have targeted our National Leader of his stature for all the time. Nehru ??? no comments..
Damn you dial!!! Now be prepared to be tagged leftists, pseudo secular, head buried in sand etc etc. :haha:

There is a big difference between the 2 scenarios ... here we are talking about a community that was supposedly as Indian as anybody (atleast according to MKG) and residing in India.
I disagree !. The concept is the same . I don't want this discussion to go in circles .So, allow me to lay out my points in concise manner . 1. Was Khilafat movement under the stewardship of Maulana Ali Jouhar aimed at British resistance - Yes 2. More importantly was Khilafat movement also a religious and poltical movement aimed to build political unity amongst Muslims and use their influence to protect the caliphate - Yes 4. Was Khilafat movement a bigoted movement akin to Wahabism- Yes 3. Did Gandhiji support Khilafat movement - Yes 4. Did Gandhi support Khilafat movement for it's resistance against British - Yes 5. Did Gandhi support Khilafat movement to protect the Caliphate and Sharia rule - No 6. Was Gandhi wrong in supporting Khilafat movement because he was giving a free pass to religious bigotry - Yes. 7. Was USA wrong in supporting Mujhadeen movement against Soviet which was under the same Caliphate protection principle - Yes. I rest my case !

Well said !:two_thumbs_up: And I would like to add that instead of living a life of luxury like our NRI brothers here , he choose not to and actually went back to his village in India after forgoing a lucrative law business abroad.

can someone enlighten me on this logic .... If Person A has critical opinions on "X" (X could be a person , religion , country anything ) ... his views on "X" cannot be take seriously unless he is critical of Y & Z also.
Simple , keep an open mind and you will find the links ! And why are you deviating from the OP. I have agreed with you on that and just made on observation that it was akin to USA supporting Mujhadeen.

Well said !:two_thumbs_up: And I would like to add that instead of living a life of luxury like our NRI brothers here ' date= he choose not to and actually went back to his village in India after forgoing a lucrative law business abroad.
Not to mention the fact that he and Ghaffar Khan are the ONLY two National heroes that were seen fighting the fire during the darkest days of sub-continent(1947 partition). I would be more than interested in finding out if peeps can show me anyone else, from Nehru to Patel, Azaad to Jinnah, who had the moral gumption of staying in the most troubled and violent area during partition and bring the violence down by themselves. That single act of bravery is lot more than the combined might of lungidhaaris till date. xxx