1st test Kangaroos vs the Poms(Gabba)

Gambit

Re: 1st test Kangaroos vs the Poms(Gabba) Australia finished on 181/1 and now lead by 626 runs. I thought avoiding the follow-on was a smart move on their part. The bowlers had obviously performed at a high level of intensity to dismiss England in such a short span of time (umpiring blunders aside). By batting another innings, Australia not only bat England out of the game, but their seamers will be well rested and fresh for tomorrow.

Predator & Gambo' date=' you guys pulled an all-nighter to watch the Ashes?[/quote'] I wasn't following it ball-by-ball - just watched highlights !

Re: 1st test Kangaroos vs the Poms(Gabba) Umpiring hasn't been that bad, actually. At least not from what I've seen. Yeah, KP's ball wasn't hitting the stumps, and Ricky got let off earlier, but overall it's been ok. But the no-ball thing is weird. I saw Daddy McGee and Bretly overstep NUMEROUS times without being called...

Re: 1st test Kangaroos vs the Poms(Gabba) Are the Aussies rigging the game????? How the heck can the Aussies not declare with 450 runs ahead and they have 600+ runs on board. I don't reckon this has happened before. Everyone says it is to wear out the Poms but I don't see any reasons really. Ponting and Langer have batted for long hours in both the innings. Wonder how is it not going to waar Ponting and Langer out??? Wasn't it better to finish the test off soon and have a day's rest?

Re: 1st test Kangaroos vs the Poms(Gabba) Bucknor gets Bell and Benaud goes to his good old talk praising Warnie's "Slider" :roll: Man someone needs to do something to these Aussie commies, they just can stop gloating and tell ya what the players deserve it too these days. :hmph:

Re: 1st test Kangaroos vs the Poms(Gabba) Both Colly and Freddi threw away :wall: I guess that's it for England. Decent fight back but not good enough. The two bad shots by Colly and Freddi could have been avoided. Still England will take plenty of heart from the 2nd inning. They may not be able to take 20 Aussie wickets but they can compete with the bat to a certain extent.