Tennis - ATP/WTA Tour 2013

Raghav_12

A good win for Djoko against Nadal. Some really entertaining rallies.
I predicted a 6-3 7-5 win at some other place. Nadal was definitely not going to kill himself to win here, it was a predictable match. Nadal came to Beijing to get te #1 rank and he achieved that. I didn't even feel like waking up at 4 am to watch this.

Raghav_12 and Zep, I'd just like to take this opportunity to :finger:.
Congrats on an ATP 500 win, while we enjoy wins at 2 grand slams. :haha: Anyways I am not a lowlife immature sad hater like you and although Nadal is my current favorite player I don't hate any tennis player including Djokovic, so unlike you I can actually enjoy good performances from all players, while you were in the sulking mood for most of the year. :cantstop:

while you were in the sulking mood for most of the year.
Most of the tennis world got sick of all these homogenized surfaces where defensive grinders like Nadal can just soak up everything. Finally you get a HC which isn't playing slower than clay and finally we don't have to see these *****y moonballs over and over. As I said before many many times, the only reason why Nadal is dominating all the proper tennis players, the shot makers and ball bashers, is because pretty much every slam has been slowed down for the easily bored clowns who only think long rallies are fun. Hopefully things are returned to normal, so we can see aggressive tennis players getting the chance to actually punish and bury these ****ing pussy grinders who sit back 3 feet behind the baseline.

You're not a tennis fan are you then? I got up at 6am to watch Del Po win the Tokyo event as well as stay up for the Djokovic match.
Unlike you I have a life beyond watching tennis. :cantstop: For example I went to play golf this morning.
Most of the tennis world got sick of all these homogenized surfaces where defensive grinders like Nadal can just soak up everything. Finally you get a HC which isn't playing slower than clay and finally we don't have to see these *****y moonballs over and over. As I said before many many times, the only reason why Nadal is dominating all the proper tennis players, the shot makers and ball bashers, is because pretty much every slam has been slowed down for the easily bored clowns who only think long rallies are fun. Hopefully things are returned to normal, so we can see aggressive tennis players getting the chance to actually punish and bury these ****ing pussy grinders who sit back 3 feet behind the baseline.
Haters gonna hate, that doesn't change anything. only makes your life more miserable. :haha:

It's a shame I can't watch the matches today. Seems like the Monfils vs Djokovic match contained some epic rallies, more insane returning from Novak and some tantrums in the 3rd set. Yesterday Almagro vs Berdych was full of fire as well. At the moment Wawrinka playing Nadal, Nadal clutching and playing well in the tie breaker and other key moments and forcing the set. I said to many that I didn't think Nadal would win this tournament is played on a quick surface. It is quick and it also has enough bounce to keep Rafa interested. That said I still expect Del Potro to give Nadal a shock tomorrow, I'm calling Del Potro win here, based on surface. Form and recent meetings point to Nadal comfortably though. As for Tsonga vs Djokovic, this one could be close or Djokovic could walk it, Novak has 5 in a row vs Tsonga and the last couple very emphatic.

easy straight sets win for nadal and delpo..djoko prevailing jumping gael in a hard fought match
It was anything but easy for Nadal. The first set was very tight. The quality of tennis was outstanding from both. Stan gave up after losing that set.

Djokovic was comfortable winner in the end vs Tsonga. Tsonga just didn't have the consistency to make Novak workd hard. At times some entertaining tennis, but by in large a routine performance. Del Potro on the other hand, absolutely raped Nadal. You can't really criticise Nadal much for effort, he was beaten by a more powerful player on a quicker surface than he's been used to all year. Nadal tried to take it deep, but DelPo served amazingly well and some clowns have been saying Nadal's FH is the best ever, have they seen DelPo's? As for tomorrow, if DelPo plays as well as he did today, he'll win, if his level drops, Djokovic will. I really don't know which way to go on this, but Djokovic will defend better than Nadal and Djokovic has a better match up I feel vs DelPo, so tough to call. Either way, DelPo, WOW!

Del Potro reminded me of the 2009 US open semi final. When he is on, it's near impossible to stop him, the problem is he's too inconsistent. It will be interesting to see how he plays tomorrow. He has troubled Novak in the past quite a few times and if he sustains today's level I won't be surprised if he ends up winning his first masters 1000 tomorrow.

some clowns have been saying Nadal's FH is the best ever, have they seen DelPo's?
For me Del Potro and Fernando Gonzalez(at his prime) have the most powerful forehands. Both of them can blow you off the court with it. But Federer and Nadal are better because they are more consistent with it. It never breaks down(talking about prime Fed here obviously). Federer also has the best inside in forehand and Nadal probably the best running forehand, I can only think of Sampras who was that good. On clay however Nadal's topspin forehand is the best I have seen. So it's not just about power.

DelPo just played too awesome. Nadal put in very good fight in second set, he took almost all of the Delpo's service games to deuce, but that was not going to be enough considering the way Delpo was serving and hitting those booming forehands. If DelPo can maintain the level of today, I am sure he will top Djokovic tomorrow. I am still wondering how good his forehand is. Nadal was trying to neutralize that by making him play more backhand in rallies, but in process he lost his potent weapon, inside-out forehand as well. A very entertaining match in the end. Great.

That's it. We need more of Del Po if we are too see more new Grandslam winners. No dis respect to the gentleman, David Ferrer , but he is always there in TOP 4 but isn't able to inflict any defeat on the top 3. I hope Del Potro's beast mode continues for next few years now. He will probably lose to Djoker in final tomorrow, but I think he is one of those who will win a Major again. Atleast I hope.

For me Del Potro and Fernando Gonzalez(at his prime) have the most powerful forehands. Both of them can blow you off the court with it. But Federer and Nadal are better because they are more consistent with it. It never breaks down(talking about prime Fed here obviously). Federer also has the best inside in forehand and Nadal probably the best running forehand' date=' I can only think of Sampras who was that good. On clay however Nadal's topspin forehand is the best I have seen. So it's not just about power.[/quote'] Gonzalez's forehand was just wow!! His backhand along with Lopez are the worst in the game.. I remember Gonzalez destroyed Nadal at the aus open with One of the greatest exhibition of forehand winners .. Backs to the match,Djokovic's magnificent tenacity and defence has prevailed over delpo..delpo is gutted,feel sad for him,but what an awesome match

Gonzalez's forehand was just wow!! His backhand along with Lopez are the worst in the game.. I remember Gonzalez destroyed Nadal at the aus open with One of the greatest exhibition of forehand winners ..
The real top tier forehands are lendl,agassi,sampras,federer,nadal,djokovic and they ruled the court(and matches) with it. delpo and gonzalez cannot be ranked in this class though they are high on power.delpo and courier maybe similar,albeit in different eras.

It was a fantastic final, but of course it being 3 sets didn't have anywhere near the excitement their Wimbledon match did. Del Potro looked fatigued towards the end and some of the long brutal rallies did take their toll. I'm still in awe of the beating that Del Po handed out to Nadal. I think that beating will be remember by many for a long time. Djokovic looks hungry, losing the top spot and suffering so many big losses this year may just spur him on to similar heights as he did in 2011. As for Del Po, the sport needs a fit Juan, he brings so much to the game, a warrior's fight, some brutal hitting and most importantly the belief he can topple the top guys. Ferrer, Gasquet, Berdych, Tsonga etc don't have this belief. That is why Del Po is so valuable.