Tennis - ATP/WTA Tour 2013

Raghav_12

Cracking line-ups for quarter finals. All 8 QF-ists are from top 9 seed. How well that vindicates the seeding system? Line Ups Rafa - Gasquet ( Rafa will defeat Gasquet for 12th consecutive time) Federer - DelPo (DelPo is in too good form and will repeat his win over Federer, last week in Basel) Djoko - Wawrinka (Wawrinka. A brave call. But for last few matches Wawrinka keep getting closer to Djoko. He may very well triumph this time)_ Ferrer - Berdych ( Ferrer) I guess Djoko and Nadal at 26-27 are youngest in this lot. Isn't it surprising that in top 8 of men tennis, nobody in younger than 26? Wouldn't have happened many times.

I guess Djoko and Nadal at 26-27 are youngest in this lot. Isn't it surprising that in top 8 of men tennis, nobody in younger than 26? Wouldn't have happened many times.
Del Po is 25 isn't he? He's the youngest of these lot. I'm disappointed with the way the draw panned out, I wanted to see DelPo masterclass in how to hit running FH winners. As for the QFs, 3 good matches followed by an easy win for Nadal. I was under the impression that the top guys would want to throw this tournament away, since WTF starts Monday, but I guess they really want the points. I actually think deep down, none of the big guys especially Del Potro and Djoko would be too bothered if they lose. So I can see a Novak and Delpo loss today.

Del Po is 25 isn't he? He's the youngest of these lot. I'm disappointed with the way the draw panned out, I wanted to see DelPo masterclass in how to hit running FH winners. As for the QFs, 3 good matches followed by an easy win for Nadal. I was under the impression that the top guys would want to throw this tournament away, since WTF starts Monday, but I guess they really want the points. I actually think deep down, none of the big guys especially Del Potro and Djoko would be too bothered if they lose. So I can see a Novak and Delpo loss today.
Oh yes.. I missed DelPo somehow.

WTF Groups are out. Group A: Nadal, Ferrer, Gasquet and Berdych Groubp B: Djokovic, Federer, Del Potro and Wawrinka. I got to say once again as has been the theme through the majority of the year, the draws have not been even. Group B is way way stronger. Nadal will have a tough time winning it though it's likely he will have to beat two of DelPo/Fed/Djoko. Nadal looks like a very average player on indoors considering how much of a beast most other places.

Are you sure you got those right Bones, Wawrinka and Gasquet are in the wrong groups...That makes A a bit tougher! Bit of a low key start with Berdych vs Stan first up tomorrow. I wonder if Ferrer can spring another shock like he did in Paris. Berdych can indoors vs Rafa IF he brings his A game. My guess would be Novak and JMDP from B and Rafa, Berdych from A. JMDP will beat Rafa and Novak will beat Berdy in Semis. Novak to win a pulsating final vs Juan Martin. Id love Juan Martin to win though.

Are you sure you got those right Bones
I was listening to the commentators on Sky during the Paris final yesterday. But you are right, Wawrinka and Gasquet can be swapped. It won't make much of a difference. I still expect Del Potro and Djokovic to go through from this side. The other side is slightly weaker on paper, the reason I say this is, Nadal is the only one who you would say can win it. Whereas the other side Djokovic, Delpo and Fed if they hit top form could all win it. The others I'm afraid don't have the ability to win so many top games in a row. So I expect Ferrer to play Djokovic in one SF and Nadal to play Del Potro in the other SF. I then expect a very tough final between Nole and Delpo, with Del Po coming out on top. I think the two long tournaments in two weeks will take it's toll on Novak.