Homeworkgate: Watson, Pattinson among four axed for third Test

NareshK

Ex-Cricketer reactions to Australia's Homework Gate incident http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine/content/current/story/624537.html

"I'm surprised that's the penalty for something so mundane. It seems like it was on a schoolboy tour or something. It's an over the top reaction." Former Australia captain Allan Border "I'm stunned. I've never heard of this sort of thing before at top level in any sport. When you are losing there are niggling things there but they're grown men, it's not school boy stuff. It's not under-6s, this is Test cricket there would have been a better way." Former Australia batsman Mark Waugh "From my experience report writing is not a player's strength, no surprise to hear some failing, need to focus more on field short comings?" Former Australia allrounder Tom Moody "Adults we are, not schoolboys! Please let's act properly and make good decisions in India! Need these boys playing." Former Australia batsman Darren Lehmann "To many wrong people are picked for jobs who give a fancy presentation!!" Former Australia batsman Damien Martyn "What is going on with Aussie Cricket?? Didn't realise you had to do an essay to get a selection these days..!!!!!" Former England captain Michael Vaughan "Implications from these actions are serious.. I feel it is deeper than it appears. Aust are in trouble!!" Former Australia batsman Dean Jones

Reactions to the news:

"I'm surprised that's the penalty for something so mundane. It seems like it was on a schoolboy tour or something. It's an over the top reaction." Former Australia captain Allan Border "I'm stunned. I've never heard of this sort of thing before at top level in any sport. When you are losing there are niggling things there but they're grown men, it's not school boy stuff. It's not under-6s, this is Test cricket… there would have been a better way." Former Australia batsman Mark Waugh "From my experience report writing is not a player's strength, no surprise to hear some failing, need to focus more on field short comings?" Former Australia allrounder Tom Moody "Adults we are, not schoolboys! Please let's act properly and make good decisions in India! Need these boys playing." Former Australia batsman Darren Lehmann "To many wrong people are picked for jobs who give a fancy presentation!!" Former Australia batsman Damien Martyn "What is going on with Aussie Cricket?? Didn't realise you had to do an essay to get a selection these days..!!!!!" Former England captain Michael Vaughan "Implications from these actions are serious.. I feel it is deeper than it appears. Aust are in trouble!!" Former Australia batsman Dean Jones
https://twitter.com/dmartyn30/status/311056105667182592 Watson has been a little bit unhappy with the management for quite some time now. He however has toed the line on most occasions. I think this was the last straw I guess.
Nothing has gone right for Australia since Clarke and Arthur took up the jobs apart from the two whitewashes at home ofcourse. Real disturbance in the dressing room. Poor from a team that was just a few years back unbeatable.
Nothing has gone right for Australia since Clarke and Arthur took up the jobs apart from the two whitewashes at home ofcourse. Real disturbance in the dressing room. Poor from a team that was just a few years back unbeatable.
they have been ok. Not bad or good but ok. They won the series 1-0 in sl won the series v india 4-0 and sl 3-0. lost to s africa at home and now india.
Darren Gough @DGoughie @dmartyn30 @scgmacgill making a comeback for the ashes ? Only lost 6 series need a win on my cv lol
Darren Gough ‏@DGoughie Financially cricket is great these days ,but I'm glad I played when it was enjoyable and cricket was all that mattered wickets and runs