Random discussion featuring Bongs, marathas and much much more

Muloghonto

Dude, whats wrong with you? Seriously? Anyone who has ever worked out in a gym, which you look like you do, will know that there is no such thing as a superior/inferior race in terms of physique, or warfare. The only thing important is training. You can make a 5ft guy deadly with the right training. A 6ft guy will do ghanta. Look up India's first known bodybuilder, Manohar Aich. He is a Bengali. Still probably has bigger biceps than you do, and he is 100 years old. Maybe if you looked back home, instead of at Arnold, you wouldnt have made that retarded comment :agree:
Bhai, if physique and height are not important for Army, y don't they recruit short people then? I am talking abt bengalis in general. From whatever I have seen, they look tiny and unfit for Army. I do agree that with training you can make people fitter for warfare. But, I am talking abt the late 18th and 19th century when a particular set of people were considered martially superior and a general lifestyle which is suited for Army life. Don't show some random body builder yaar. I am sure even that body builder is short.

^ I dont think he is the only retard in the thread who is linking abilities to fight or protest to ethnicity or region :cantstop:
we Bongs did most of the protesting and carried the bulk of the independence movement not because we are more 'ethnically compatible' to protesting or rebellion, but because the social condition existing in Bengal was much different from those outside of Bengal- we were *NOT* ruled via proxy zameendars and rajas like most of India was, we were company territorry, ruled by the British via the 'babu class', aka the newly educated bengali elites. Since we were not 'kept in line by the local raja who is a puppet', a situation that prevailed in much of British controlled India prior to 1857, we had a more awareness of the British intent & mechanisms, while being in a position to directly challenge our rulers without having conflicting messages of how this guy who rules over us is actually a rajput raja who's ancestors did a whole bunch of things and thus we shouldn't rebel against them. Since Bongs were the first to culturally advance to modern principles espoused by Europeans, we were the first to be influenced by the spirit of eglatarianism & rule of the masses, which was the dominant emotion sweeping through Europe in the 1800s, ever since French revolution took off. Not because we are an inherently superior race or such nonsense.

Bhai' date=' if physique and height are not important for Army, y don't they recruit short people then? [/quote'] They do. There is no height benchmark for most of the world's armies, there is simple physical fitness requirement that involves being able to crawl/walk/run/jog around with 50 pounds of belongings on your back for 20 miles a day. Happens to be that even the Japs, who are much smaller physically than the average punjabis, were a lot hardier in harsh terrain of Burma sector. in the 18th/19th century a lot of BS theories were going around, the vestiges of which are still found today. As i said, looking fit and being fit are two different things. Baichung Bhutia is less than half the size of Mohammed Irfan, yet he is far more suitable for army than Irfan, because Bhutia has ten times more stamina and any strength beyond the ability to haul 50 pounds on your back while running laps is 'excess & useless strength' from military perspective. This isnt Bhima vs Duryodhana 'gada yuddh', it is getting from point A to point B, staying focussed and pulling a trigger. Happens to require a lot less strength than you imagine. You keep talking about robustness and strength being important for being in the military, yet you ignore the fact that the Japs were superior soldiers than the much bigger and physically imposing Desis and Goras in WWII.

They do. There is no height benchmark for most of the world's armies, there is simple physical fitness requirement that involves being able to crawl/walk/run/jog around with 50 pounds of belongings on your back for 20 miles a day. Happens to be that even the Japs, who are much smaller physically than the average punjabis, were a lot hardier in harsh terrain of Burma sector. in the 18th/19th century a lot of BS theories were going around, the vestiges of which are still found today. As i said, looking fit and being fit are two different things. Baichung Bhutia is less than half the size of Mohammed Irfan, yet he is far more suitable for army than Irfan, because Bhutia has ten times more stamina and any strength beyond the ability to haul 50 pounds on your back while running laps is 'excess & useless strength' from military perspective. You keep talking about robustness and strength being important for being in the military, yet you ignore the fact that the Japs were superior soldiers than the much bigger and physically imposing Desis and Goras in WWII.
What are u comparing here? Bengalis with Japanese? come on dude. Japanese are mostly super fit athletic people and they are certainly a fighting stock compared to Indians in general. Its stupid to compare them with Indians, let alone Bengalis. Look at the famous people who came from Bengal, most of them are short. Even in my college days i found most of Bengalis weak. U gotta distinguish btwn short weak people and short athletic and fit for army kinda people. U people belong to the short and weak case. Don't compare ur bengali people with Japanese, Gurkhas, mongols etc, coz they are generally fit and athletic. If u want to believe that u people are good enough for Army, good for u guys. I would love to see Indian army open a regiment there. Bengal regiment. I would love to see that.

What are u comparing here? Bengalis with Japanese? come on dude. Japanese are mostly super fit athletic people and they are certainly a fighting stock compared to Indians in general. Its stupid to compare them with Indians' date=' let alone Bengalis. [/quote'] Superfit athletic people have to do with training. Not that the Jap kid is born fitter than a Punjabi. I am not comparing Japs with Bongs, i am comparing Japs with Punjabis- turns out the Japs are a lot fitter, yet weaker than the Punjabis, much smaller in height. yet they beat the pants off of punjabis in surviving Burma. How did that happen if strength is so important ? There is no such thing as short & weak people and short and fit people. Fit and not fit are function of training. The Japs in WWII had much higher fitness standards for the army than the Brits, which is why they were fitter than the Punjabis, despite being shorter and weaker. Been there, done that. conquered the whole of India for the Brits, despite being short & weak allegedly. You strong and buff northies couldn't even outsurvive the short and weak Japs in Burma. So effectively, in the last 200 years, we short & weak Bongs have done more conquering than you big and buff northies. What does that tell you about the value of strength for the military ?

My mother's nana's (who himself was BIA officer posted in singapore at the time) two cousins also served in the azad hind fauj and didn't return until almost 1 year after the end of the war. Everyone assumed they were dead. The way my nani describes it that they were basically half their original weight.
:hatsoff::isalute::isalute:

Ha ha' date=' SachinLara meets his match in Dumb-bells using thesame logic to match him[/quote'] I fail to see how our reasoning is the same. Dumbells is arguing in favour of a racist idea, i am stating history as is, and is clear from my posts that the far superior achievements of the Bongs is not due to a racial factor but because of unique social factors that has been a fundamental makeup of eastern India.

Superfit athletic people have to do with training. Not that the Jap kid is born fitter than a Punjabi. I am not comparing Japs with Bongs, i am comparing Japs with Punjabis- turns out the Japs are a lot fitter, yet weaker than the Punjabis, much smaller in height. yet they beat the pants off of punjabis in surviving Burma. How did that happen if strength is so important ? There is no such thing as short & weak people and short and fit people. Fit and not fit are function of training. The Japs in WWII had much higher fitness standards for the army than the Brits, which is why they were fitter than the Punjabis, despite being shorter and weaker. Been there, done that. conquered the whole of India for the Brits, despite being short & weak allegedly. You strong and buff northies couldn't even outsurvive the short and weak Japs in Burma. So effectively, in the last 200 years, we short & weak Bongs have done more conquering than you big and buff northies. What does that tell you about the value of strength for the military ?
Wats wrong wid u dude? u people are not fit for Army and dats y Indian army does not have a regiment over there. U bengalis are nice, good people. Even in my college, I found bengalis are friendly and down to earth but they would never get involved in any sort of sports except chess and carrom etc. Look, I understand ur eagerness to put urself with Gurkhas, japs, mongols etc. But to be honest u guys could never match them. Show me one athlete who came from ur part of the world? Dinda, Dada? lol. Are u mad dude? u won all over India? may be with guns, and tanks provided by british when all over India was fighting with Swords. Dude, just leave it na. I have my view abt u folks and u have urs abt urselfs. Doesn't change the fact.

Wats wrong wid u dude? u people are not fit for Army and dats y Indian army does not have a regiment over there. U bengalis are nice' date=' good people. Even in my college, I found bengalis are friendly and down to earth but they would never get involved in any sort of sports except chess and carrom etc. [/quote'] Why don't you check your facts before you yap. We did have a regiment. The Bengal regiment. Conquered the whole of India for the Brits. Then the Bengal Regiment rebelled and it got disbanded and never formed again. We more than matched them. Talk to me when a Gurkha or Punjab division conquers whole of India like the Bengal division did. Yes. Doesnt change the fact that you are talking out of your hiney if you think the average Jap is 'stronger & fitter' than the average Bong. I live in Seattle and Vancouver, plenty of Japs here- either they are short & fat or they are short and blown away in a gust of wind or those who are active are short and fit. Pretty much the same about Bong. Oh as far as athletics go, we Bongs tend to gravitate towards soccer more than cricket. We, along with the rest of the north east practically run the soccer scene in India and dont tell me it takes more fitness to bowl fast than to be a soccer player. Not to mention, most Bongs dont encourage their children to go to Athletics, we are heavily pressurized to go into sciences, medicine, chartered accountancy, etc. which is why we have consistently produced world class scholars and not much in the form of athletes. I have already proven to you, that this whole 'marshall race' based on physique is a stupid and completely wrong idea- the ones who had better officers, training and equipment won and as the examples of Gurkha, Bengalis (prior to 1857) and Japs prove, we 'shorties' have utterly owned you northie buff guys in warfare for most of recorded history of India. PS: The 'rest of India' were not fighting with swords, they were fighting with guns, which were introduced to India by Babur. Plus 'rest of India' had French support, like Tippu Sultan, Nizam of Hyderabad. Yet we beat them. Yes, we had superior weaponry and much better officers (the Brits) but then again, so did 99% of the victors in the last 300 years of any war. The bottomline is, for a 'non martial race',we did more conquering and won more victories in the last 300 years than rest of India combined. Come back to me when you northies have done half as much on the battlefield as we Bongs have.

Why don't you check your facts before you yap. We did have a regiment. The Bengal regiment. Conquered the whole of India for the Brits. Then the Bengal Regiment rebelled and it got disbanded and never formed again.
The bengal army didnt "conquer" the whole of the india. It was just one of three presidency armies including Madras army and the bombay army. Also, the Bengal army was not exclusively Bengali, in fact far from it. The 1st and 3rd regiments were exclusively Brahmin, 2nd and 4th were Rajput Regiments. There were regiments of native Bengalis too, but who were outnumbered overall by the other ethnicities.

The bengal army didnt "conquer" the whole of the india. It was just one of three presidency armies including Madras army and the bombay army. Also, the Bengal army was not exclusively Bengali, in fact far from it. The 1st and 3rd regiments were exclusively Brahmin, 2nd and 4th were Rajput Regiments. There were regiments of native Bengalis too, but who were outnumbered overall by the other ethnicities.
1. Madras regiment is their 'orignal regiment'- the one which conquered Bengal in the first place, along with Bengal sepoys from Ft. William. But Madras regiment was the smallest regiment till 1857. 2. Bombay regiment was the latest regiment and pretty much did the 'last stage' of conquering- against the Baloch & Afghanistan, along with the Bengal regiment. 3. Maratha war was predominantly won by the Bengal regiment. So was the war that got them most of Mughal & Awadhi north. 4. Rajputs were also crushed by the Bengal regiment. 6. Bengal regiment was over 50% Bengali.