IPL 2013 - Mumbai Indians

1983-2011

every team relaying just on foreign talent :giggle:
:cantstop: In that sense the IPL can be thought of as a desegregator. Every team has at max 3 players from the state (punjab aside maybe ) they reside in and are not any indication or relation to the ranji teams in the state. IPL 1 has plenty of local talent on show for all sides. now its just one big mis match

isnt that the case for most franchises? Mumbais locals are Rohit and Sachin with Kulkarni getting some games. 1 has performed in the past and is crap this season. 1 is doing excellent and Kulkarni has done well in the few games he has played this season but is not the finished article mumbai needs. Same for KKR really. Tiwary has not performed this season. Das has been ok. Where is the local talent? RR, I think Yagnik is the only Rajput to feature this season. Pune have no local talent even getting a game. I dont think any team in the IPL really banks on local talent.
Pune are worst amongst local players. I don't think they have even one Pune player. Mumbai have Rohit and Dhawal who have done well. Sachin is below average though in this IPL. Punjab do have local players but none of them is consistent. Delhi have Sehwag who has done okay with that 95 and few starts. Umesh has done well in few games. KKR is lacking local talent as well.

CSK's problem this season (wherever they have lost) has been their upper order. Johnson especially has caused them all sorts of problems. I think CSK have a better batting in general than Mumbai in sub continental conditions. While Mumbai have better bowling. You look at Malinga Johnson Ojha Bhajji and Kulkarni/Bumrah/Suyal/chahal with Pollard as back up and you have probably the second strongest bowling line up barring Sunrisers.

CSK's problem this season (wherever they have lost) has been their upper order. Johnson especially has caused them all sorts of problems. I think CSK have a better batting in general than Mumbai in sub continental conditions. While Mumbai have better bowling. You look at Malinga Johnson Ojha Bhajji and Kulkarni/Bumrah/Suyal/chahal with Pollard as back up and you have probably the second strongest bowling line up barring Sunrisers.
There was a poll , something like "Does Mumbai has the most fearsome pace attack"? About 67% of the IPL watchers voted Yes. I agree on performance sof ar that Hyderabad has the best bowling attack, but the wicket there has helped the bowlers a lot. At Wankhede, the wicket is batsman friendly as 160 + runs are being scored in most matches.So IMO MI still have a very good bowling attack in spite of the batters wicket.

There was a poll , something like "Does Mumbai has the most fearsome pace attack"? About 67% of the IPL watchers voted Yes. I agree on performance sof ar that Hyderabad has the best bowling attack, but the wicket there has helped the bowlers a lot. At Wankhede, the wicket is batsman friendly as 160 + runs are being scored in most matches.So IMO MI still have a very good bowling attack in spite of the batters wicket.
hmm it depends, i think mumbai in general has more bounce than Hyderabad. While Hyderabad is a much larger ground so probably a 6 in mumbai would be a 4 in hyderabad. Its much harder to lift the spinners in Hyderabad than Mumbai. Even mishits in Mumbai go for 6. Johnson this season has been a revelation. Last season it was a big issue when to bowl Malinga. Upfront or at the end? We had Munaf Patel leading the lines he was just not good enough. Even Dhawal has been better than Munaf this season. The only issue with the Mumbai bowling is the third seamer. Rishi dhawan, Bumrah, Munaf, Kulkarni and Suyal have been tried and among them I think Kulknari has been the best. But if Malinga hit top form along side Johnson then Mumbai will be the best attack on form. With the Sunrisers, Steyn Ishant Mishra have been excellent and have been backed up extremely well by Perera and Sharma (the spinner). Mumbai probably has bigger names with more international experience. But Sunrisers are the form team with the ball this season.

hmm it depends, i think mumbai in general has more bounce than Hyderabad. While Hyderabad is a much larger ground so probably a 6 in mumbai would be a 4 in hyderabad. Its much harder to lift the spinners in Hyderabad than Mumbai. Even mishits in Mumbai go for 6. Johnson this season has been a revelation. Last season it was a big issue when to bowl Malinga. Upfront or at the end? We had Munaf Patel leading the lines he was just not good enough. Even Dhawal has been better than Munaf this season. The only issue with the Mumbai bowling is the third seamer. Rishi dhawan, Bumrah, Munaf, Kulkarni and Suyal have been tried and among them I think Kulknari has been the best. But if Malinga hit top form along side Johnson then Mumbai will be the best attack on form. With the Sunrisers, Steyn Ishant Mishra have been excellent and have been backed up extremely well by Perera and Sharma (the spinner). Mumbai probably has bigger names with more international experience. But Sunrisers are the form team with the ball this season.
Yes, the Wankhede is one of the smallest grounds on all sides.So the bowlers of all teams find it tough.Malinga is due for a 4 or 5 wicket haul in remaining matches. Last year too he had a bad start but picked a 5 wicket haul in later stages of the IPL and ended with about 24 wickets ?Once he gets his act right he will win that match on his own. The Indian talent in Sachin,Rohit,Ambati,Dinesh,Munaf,Harby and Ojha is mighty experienced.

Yes, the Wankhede is one of the smallest grounds on all sides.So the bowlers of all teams find it tough.Malinga is due for a 4 or 5 wicket haul in remaining matches. Last year too he had a bad start but picked a 5 wicket haul in later stages of the IPL and ended with about 24 wickets ?Once he gets his act right he will win that match on his own. The Indian talent in Sachin,Rohit,Ambati,Dinesh,Munaf,Harby and Ojha is mighty experienced.
yup even Kulkarni a bit parts player at the moment has been selected to an Indian side (test side v NZ a couple of years ago) in the past. the spine of Mumbai is very experienced. However we should have persisted with both Rahane and Dhawan. We let both of them slip through out fingers and they would have solved our opening problems.

yup even Kulkarni a bit parts player at the moment has been selected to an Indian side (test side v NZ a couple of years ago) in the past. the spine of Mumbai is very experienced. However we should have persisted with both Rahane and Dhawan. We let both of them slip through out fingers and they would have solved our opening problems.
Munaf has been off color this year.Sachin and think tank have perhaps paid the cost of being over confident with the opening options and letting Ajinkya go.The worse mistake the genius did along with Anil Kumble was the buying of Ponting this year.Add to it Phil Hughes who flopped so much on test tour of India..One can easily add thousands of bums at Wankhede if Ponting and Sachin are to be sighted batting together. Atleast there was business logic there.Buying Maxwell for 1 mn and keeping him on bench is mind boggling. Doubt Shikhar was making news when MI released him.

Munaf has been off color this year.Sachin and think tank have perhaps paid the cost of being over confident with the opening options and letting Ajinkya go.The worse mistake the genius did along with Anil Kumble was the buying of Ponting this year.Add to it Phil Hughes who flopped so much on test tour of India..One can easily add thousands of bums at Wankhede if Ponting and Sachin are to be sighted batting together. Atleast there was business logic there.Buying Maxwell for 1 mn and keeping him on bench is mind boggling. Doubt Shikhar was making news when MI released him.
Shikar should have been given an extended run. He had a good season of IPL under his belt with DD. So people knew what he was capable of. I dont think Shikar got the love and support at Mumbai. Same with Rahane. You look at RR and you can see Dravid nurturing him. Did not have a shoulder at Mumbai. I dont think Ponting was bought for bums on seats. Last season mumbai sold out their home games. You consider Wankhede which is 33,000 in capacity and a mumbai metro area of 20 million odd then in most cases Mumbai will fill out Wankhede in the IPL.

Dwayne Smith is becoming a bit of a pain of late with his slow starts. What on Earth is up with the MI thinktank, benching Maxwell without even giving him a game? He should've been tried much earlier when it was relatively alright to lose a game or two. If RR win today, MI will have to go with more guns blazing than the usual.

Dwayne Smith is becoming a bit of a pain of late with his slow starts. What on Earth is up with the MI thinktank' date=' benching Maxwell without even giving him a game? He should've been tried much earlier when it was relatively alright to lose a game or two. If RR win today, MI will have to go with more guns blazing than the usual.[/quote'] agree Mumbai's opening worries continues from last season.

Shikar should have been given an extended run. He had a good season of IPL under his belt with DD. So people knew what he was capable of. I dont think Shikar got the love and support at Mumbai. Same with Rahane. You look at RR and you can see Dravid nurturing him. Did not have a shoulder at Mumbai. I dont think Ponting was bought for bums on seats. Last season mumbai sold out their home games. You consider Wankhede which is 33,000 in capacity and a mumbai metro area of 20 million odd then in most cases Mumbai will fill out Wankhede in the IPL.
I am not totally aware of what options MI had when Shikhar was with MI. On top of the head all i remember about opening options in previous seasons were Gibbs,Ronchi ?, Sachin himself. MI think tank probably got carried away by Ponting's form in Shefield Shield where Ponting was outstanding. Any idea whether franchisees will eb allowed to retain the player or will it be altogether fresh auction wherein franchisees will have to release all their players.?

I am not totally aware of what options MI had when Shikhar was with MI. On top of the head all i remember about opening options in previous seasons were Gibbs,Ronchi ?, Sachin himself. MI think tank probably got carried away by Ponting's form in Shefield Shield where Ponting was outstanding. Any idea whether franchisees will eb allowed to retain the player or will it be altogether fresh auction wherein franchisees will have to release all their players.?
5 me thinks. (players to be retained) Not sure about it