The Iceman

Gambit

Did anyone see Dhoni's reaction after Bhajji bowled Clarke? Ganguly would have taken his clothes off and done 20 rounds of the ground. Dravid would have hopped around like a man possessed. But all Dhoni did was pump his fist slowly. All his face showed was a look that signified determination and nerves of steel. The man knew that the job was not done yet and wanted his team to not go overboard.

honestly guys...Dhoni is apna iceman...frm the interview he gave shastri..it seems he acknowledges a player's (jogi in this case) weakness...thats always good..! i jus hope yuvi makes peace with himself (being the non captain)...! btw i saw that yuvi was given a porcshe ...was that an act of appeasement on the part of BCCI..of course he has played well and all...! i dunno..jus speculating..! o..this tangled web i weave...:D

Did anyone see Dhoni's reaction after Bhajji bowled Clarke? Ganguly would have taken his clothes off and done 20 rounds of the ground. Dravid would have hopped around like a man possessed. But all Dhoni did was pump his fist slowly. All his face showed was a look that signified determination and nerves of steel. The man knew that the job was not done yet and wanted his team to not go overboard.
That was awesome. I'll never forget it. He pulled off his gloves and then stood there like a man possessed, clenching his fist. I called it "the fist of an angry god"...:hysterical: ...and India sure gave Australia a nice fisting :hysterical:
One comment which I didn't like was -- "we don't have a lot of good bowlers like Brett Lee" blah blah blah.... it shows the usual inferiority complex....we need to get rid of such dhimmi mentality as early as possible.
Not at all. I see it as being acceptive of one's resources and how best to play within them. For ages Aussie management have conceded that one thing they have lacked is an all-rounder and hence the effort to convert everyone from Symonds to Watson as an all-rounder. Surely that doesnt come across as being inferior in any way. India may not have a bowler of Lee's pace right now but we are slowly but surely getting there. Our bowlers, RP Singh/Sreesanth/VRV etc and constantly hitting 140 without breaking a sweat(or their back) and I am pretty positive that it is only a matter of time before we start hitting 145 or 150. xxx
Not at all. I see it as being acceptive of one's resources and how best to play within them. For ages Aussie management have conceded that one thing they have lacked is an all-rounder and hence the effort to convert everyone from Symonds to Watson as an all-rounder. Surely that doesnt come across as being inferior in any way. India may not have a bowler of Lee's pace right now but we are slowly but surely getting there. Our bowlers, RP Singh/Sreesanth/VRV etc and constantly hitting 140 without breaking a sweat(or their back) and I am pretty positive that it is only a matter of time before we start hitting 145 or 150. xxx
Right, being acceptive of ones resources is perfectly fine...but why to praise your opponent in front of all media glare? That is the job of a senile commentator like Gavaskar....You are Captain of a team, that has just won a well deserved battle.....now you can appreciate apponent in private but never oppenly, that's the Chanakyan-niti..:D Anyway, that was just a small thought, considering, Sreesanth, RP did much better than Lee-pees in that match so there was absolutely no reason to give a politically correct speech. Overall, Dhoni is so far an excellent Captain--a dream start.:two_thumbs_up:
One comment which I didn't like was -- "we don't have a lot of good bowlers like Brett Lee" blah blah blah.... it shows the usual inferiority complex....we need to get rid of such dhimmi mentality as early as possible.
ofcouse our bowlers are not even close to lee. And our bowlers r very inconsistent except zaheer. So far in 20/20 they did decent job but in ODI they will get caught.
Right, being acceptive of ones resources is perfectly fine...but why to praise your opponent in front of all media glare? That is the job of a senile commentator like Gavaskar....You are Captain of a team, that has just won a well deserved battle.....now you can appreciate apponent in private but never oppenly, that's the Chanakyan-niti..:D Anyway, that was just a small thought, considering, Sreesanth, RP did much better than Lee-pees in that match so there was absolutely no reason to give a politically correct speech. Overall, Dhoni is so far an excellent Captain--a dream start.:two_thumbs_up:
dont know why you must drag an eloquent, intelligent and far sighted political scholar into this... but if you read machiaveli (who is probably at par with chanakya without the religious motivation), in "The Prince" he often condones praise of your opponents, not as a sign of appreciation or acknowledgement, but to let the opponent know that you are well aware of his assets and are thus compensating accordingly. A leader who is dismissive of his opponents in front of a neutral audience is often viewed as immature and not worthy of leadership, if not simply unaware and disillusioned. However, when in front of your people in a partisan setting, shaft the opposition periodically to boost chauvanism and popularity.