Polite request to all the posters for 20/20 finals...

Lurker

This is a free forum and as long as someone is expressing their opinion without breaking the rules it is fine. If you do not like it, either you challenge them or not read the post. Different people show their love for their country and team in different ways. Just because you criticize does not mean you do not care. It is like the Bush mentality, "either you are with us or with the enemy", there cannot be any be middle ground or dissent. Internet is NOT a facist rule. Freedom of speech rules..... GO INDIA!!

Danda is right on the hole...I mean money :D
Just to add.............I love cricket and follow the India team with as much love and passion as any other die-hard fan. I may have different way of showing it. That does not make any me less of a fan. However, if someone differs with my statement that is their right to think so. This is beauty of a free forum, a hallmark of a free society!!
I agree to some extent Lurker but the whole point is that we love India + our players but we still have to vent our frustration. Our venting has absolutely nothing to do with the unconditional backing we give to team India. For example if "my boy" RP keeps bowling wides then as his couch potato coach I have every right to get mad at him. That takes nothing away from the love and respect I have for him (in non gay way). Same goes for Joginder...every time he gets hit for 4 I feel VERY sad for him and India. We as fans cannot effect the outcome of the match in any way hence some of us get frustrated. Statments like are hardly worth getting worked up over. you want the whole match thread to be full of "we are going to win"? Variety is the spice of life :dance: As far as actual swearing is concerned then yes we should bite our tongue...I mean fingers.
I don't agree with the OP. This is our living room while watching the match. If we feel someone is chucking pies we are going to let our community know in no uncertain terms that he is chucking pies. If someone drops a dolly, hell yes we'll let our emotions go loose. At the end of the day we'll also appreciate that these guys gave their best and have brought us to a final that hardly anyone of us had predicted but no amount mollycoddling is going to take away our right to express our frustrations during the match!! And God forbid, if we do well we are also going to lavish them with praises but we wont control our fingers out of some vague respect.
I think GKD and Shwetabh have put it very well. Win or Lose does not matter - Fight hard, and be a bit smart while you are at it. Most of the people get upset at two things: 1. If Indian team does not put up a fight 2. If Indian team loses all semblance of common sense (example: 2 quick wickets have fallen in like 5th over, and a brain dead batsman takes absolute unnecessary risky shot or risky run out in 6th over etc). Other than this, if fight + some intelligence is shown, Win/Lose, I dont think you will see many upset fans. GO INDIA!!!!!!!!!