Polite request to all the posters for 20/20 finals...

Lurker

Please keep negativity out of the match thread. If this young team has shown anything it is the fact that it has the heart of steel and is willing to extract every ounce of strength and come back from hopeless position. Every single member - from RP to Sreesanth, from Dhoni to yuvraj, from Uthappa to Harbhajan..and even Joginder Sharma has had their moments and given us all great pleasure and a mood uplift. Please, and I dont mean to be censor czar here, refrain from posting negative comments like "We are gonna lose this" or "Sharma you loser" etc etc. lets just sit back, enjoy the game from both sides and appreciate what our youth brigade has done. Many thanks! xx

I support Lurkers appeal here. It's disgusting to read sometimes, posters ridiculing our players.... these players are like soldiers:regular_smile:...giving their best for countries pride, honour and dignity. Win or loose, they are fighting a battle for us and as long as they are out in the field, support them to fullest...:isalute:

Excellent Lurks!! I was one among those... but I am very glad the way the team has fought and gave more than 100%... for me thts wat matters.. if they loose without giving a fight i ll give them some stick.. but i think this team is not the usual team we have seen so far. this team has got some steel n fight in them ... I wil for sure wont make such comments tomorrow.. Iam more than glad to see us in the finals. for the way they have fought so far. I wud be happy irrespective of the result tomorrow... Inshallah we winz tomorrow:two_thumbs_up:

I agree to some extent Lurker but the whole point is that we love India + our players but we still have to vent our frustration. Our venting has absolutely nothing to do with the unconditional backing we give to team India. For example if "my boy" RP keeps bowling wides then as his couch potato coach I have every right to get mad at him. That takes nothing away from the love and respect I have for him (in non gay way). Same goes for Joginder...every time he gets hit for 4 I feel VERY sad for him and India. We as fans cannot effect the outcome of the match in any way hence some of us get frustrated. Statments like

"We are gonna lose this" or "Sharma you loser"
are hardly worth getting worked up over. you want the whole match thread to be full of "we are going to win"? Variety is the spice of life :dance: As far as actual swearing is concerned then yes we should bite our tongue...I mean fingers.

This is like Bush saying that any one questioning the Iraq war is unpatriotic. I know its a game but at the end everyone is entitled to their opinion. I support the youn brigade but some maharathis supporters here might not and want to give a short leash to the young team - doesnt mean we can ask them to stop posting what they believe

I don't agree with the OP. This is our living room while watching the match. If we feel someone is chucking pies we are going to let our community know in no uncertain terms that he is chucking pies. If someone drops a dolly, hell yes we'll let our emotions go loose. At the end of the day we'll also appreciate that these guys gave their best and have brought us to a final that hardly anyone of us had predicted but no amount mollycoddling is going to take away our right to express our frustrations during the match!! And God forbid, if we do well we are also going to lavish them with praises but we wont control our fingers out of some vague respect.

somehow I feel there have been many negative threads that have been started since yesterday. Even after India has been doing so well in the tournament people started threads saying that its just in jest. I am not sure what performance you need to make those people even praise once. It is very easy to be an arm-chair critic but sometimes just learn to appreciate also.

Everyone has negative thoughts but OP is requesting everyone to stay positive and support the player on field irrespective of personally opinion about a player. Excellent thread. All the best to Indian team give it your best and we will win. Big plus is we are a better fielding side than Pak.

Everyone has negative thoughts but OP is requesting everyone to stay positive and support the player on field irrespective of personally opinion about a player.
Btw who is OP? :sad_smile: Dude no matter what you type online it will have BIG FAT ZERO effect on team India ki onfield performance. Our staying positive or negative is not going to win/loose the cup. Please let's not get all over the top senti. Every Indian fan wants the exact same thing here. What good is a cricket or any sport forum if fans don't express their feelings (within reason) :lightbulb:
Our staying positive or negative is not going to win/loose the cup.
I hope you believe in crowd support. I may not be in the stadium but its fans like me who will be waving flags or holding big banners. I am doing my bit to support my team by staying positive , this is what give a small fan like me a hope that i matter. Ofcourse you want to live in real world then all i can tell you is why waste 3hrs watch a game. At the end of day the end result will be nothing more than a stat
I hope you believe in crowd support.
Yes on field crowd support makes a difference but we are online :D Plus analysing the game in progress is hardly = not being a supporter.
I may not be in the stadium but its fans like me who will be waving flags or holding big banners. I am doing my bit to support my team by staying positive , this is what give a small fan like me a hope that i matter.
I think that is more about you trying to feel better :D
Ofcourse you want to live in real world then all i can tell you is why waste 3hrs watch a game.
...because I can :finger: It makes me happy when India does well.
At the end of day the end result will be nothing more than a stat
Actually it will be more than that as we can brag forever if India wins :two_thumbs_up: