Sreesanth, Chandilla and Ankit Chavan arrested for spot fixing in IPL

Offcourse not to well knowns. I don't understand why the video recording during interrogation.It will save a lot of court time and money at least against small time criminals who confess during interrogation itself.
Those confessions are not permissible in court. The only confession permissible is in front of a magistrate.
a) Even if Sreesanth spills some beans during interrogation, he'll surely withdraw it later and fight the case as 'not guilty'. His lawyer has given clear signs of that. b) The case against Sreesanth may not be that strong if they cannot identify a money trail. However if they can prove that Sree was regularly in touch with Jiju on the very same days Jiju was in touch with the bookies, they may have a case. But the money trail may be the key component in this case. c) One of Chandila or Chavan may turn 'approver' and testify against Sreesanth. That might be a key weapon for the police here. It will be interesting to see whether Chandila or Chavan sign confessional statements and stand by it. d) All confessions given to police are useless. All criminals do that and later retract their statements saying they have been made to sign under duress.
I don't think conviction is possible in his case. But BCCI will ban him anyway. He is guilty. There is enough circumstantial evidence
Those confessions are not permissible in court. The only confession permissible is in front of a magistrate.
It should be made admissible as evidence if they confess to the highest authority of the P atleast for petty cases. Also, like i said using recording to tape the confession should be allowed so that the criminals don't say in court that they were forced to confess or they were tortured etc .
It should be made admissible as evidence if they confess to the highest authority of the P atleast for petty cases. Also' date=' like i said using recording to tape the confession should be allowed so that the criminals don't say in court that they were forced to confess or they were tortured etc .[/quote'] It cannot be because the petty criminals are anyway beaten black and blue. Then police will simply force criminals to make false confessions on camera and get done with. The way false confessions are made to sign many a times. And the highest authority (DG)'s time is limited. He cannot be sitting taking confessions from a 1000 criminals everyday. Anyway, how is a recording different from a signed confession?
How does the interrogation work? :hmmm: Does the Police manhandle these players or they are given special treatment? :sad:
The cops can't cross a line in high profile cases. If it was a street side thief, they would have beaten him black and blue.
I don't think conviction is possible in his case. But BCCI will ban him anyway. He is guilty. There is enough circumstantial evidence
If the circumstantial evidence is good enough, the courts can punish him as well. If the courts say that the evidence against Sreesanth is not conclusive, the BCCI has no right to punish him.
If the circumstantial evidence is good enough' date= the courts can punish him as well. If the courts say that the evidence against Sreesanth is not conclusive, the BCCI has no right to punish him.
All our netas will be in prison if that is the case.
It cannot be because the petty criminals are anyway beaten black and blue. Then police will simply force criminals to make false confessions on camera and get done with. The way false confessions are made to sign many a times. And the highest authority (DG)'s time is limited. He cannot be sitting taking confessions from a 1000 criminals everyday. Anyway, how is a recording different from a signed confession?
Recording of the accused being interrogated and confessed can reveal whether the accused was beaten or not, which implies forced or not. To a certain extent it will help.There will be exceptions though.It should be to addition of a signed confession.All interrogations should be recorded and documented for further use.
His career is over whether Police manage to prove it or not in court of law.
Yup agree to it.His cricket career is gone for a toss.even if court rules him not guilty, BCCI will never select him citing some or other reason.Heck, for that matter even the Ranji squad selectors will cite some or other reason like better bowler available, misfit in team strategy etc.By the time the court cases are over he will be in 40's or probably more.

I feel police do not have enough evidence so they delayed sreesanth arrest,I mean he was the big fish and all this systematic leaks from sources and others.They made a mistake by no arresting sreesanth on 9th itself .Chavan was a late entry in to the fix and his playing spot was always in doubt in RR.They say Jiju got sreesanth 10 lakh ,the do not yet have direct money trail even to sreesanth.Jiju is no family of how close friends they might be.

Recording of the accused being interrogated and confessed can reveal whether the accused was beaten or not' date=' which implies forced or not. To a certain extent it will help.There will be exceptions though.It should be to addition of a signed confession.All interrogations should be recorded and documented for further use.[/quote'] How would you exactly know (by looking at the video) whether he was forced or not? He's anyway be scared and fumbling and all nervous. How exactly would you determine whether he has been threatened that they'll shove a hot rod up his ass if he doesn't toe the line?
I feel police do not have enough evidence so they delayed sreesanth arrest,I mean he was the big fish and all this systematic leaks from sources and others.They made a mistake by no arresting sreesanth on 9th itself .Chavan was a late entry in to the fix and his playing spot was always in doubt in RR.They say Jiju got sreesanth 10 lakh ,the do not yet have direct money trail even to sreesanth.Jiju is no family of how close friends they might be.
They timed it perfectly. They are professionals and know the right time to do it. If money has been really exchanged, they have enough time now to find the trail.There is no hurry regarding the chargesheet, they can present it when they are ready.
Yup agree to it.His cricket career is gone for a toss.even if court rules him not guilty' date=' BCCI will never select him citing some or other reason.Heck, for that matter even the Ranji squad selectors will cite some or other reason like better bowler available, misfit in team strategy etc.By the time the court cases are over he will be in 40's or probably more.[/quote'] Jadeja played Ranji after the court overturned his ban. He can do the same. I guess the first judgement would come out in about 2 years in this case.