Victory song "CHAK DE INDIA" discussion

Gaurav

This phrase can be explained in different manners. Someone else might point out another explanation
Maybe relevant- chak de phatte Chak De Phatte -though loosely translated as pick up the floorboards is more of a war cry than a housekeeping call. The origins of the phrase lie in the times when the Khalsa i.e. the original warrior Sikhs were formed, they would cross canals and attack Mughal camps in a blitzkrieg attack and then just as they came would retreat leaving the enemy helpless. The sport of tent pegging also evolved from this camp raiding where the riders would remove the pegs of the tents trapping the occupants under, what then used to b a very heavy fabric. While escaping back to their base the Khalsa warriors would dismantle any temporary bridges constructed by them (made out of "Phatte") to prevent the Mughals from chasing them and sometimes to prevent the enemy from escaping, hence the cry "Chak De Phatte". The phrase then acquired the meaning: to complete the route. And is now used as in the figure of "Bring the house down!". Oye Chak De Phatte ___________________________________ chak de india means common India play and win the match. ________________________________
chak de india means common India play and win the match.
yeah this is wat i assumed aswell since everyone is saying chak de india when it comes to sports.... but jus wanted to make sure tht my assumption is correct... thanks GKD... btw there was one other advt during worldcup i think 99.. pepsi advt.. india dikaadhooo something like tht.. it means come on india?? I started to dislike this song cuz eveyrtime they play this we loose a wkt or opponent wud be balsting away..