Sreesanth counters Ponting!! - sets the stage for series!!

sandtest

:cantstop::cantstop: Hats off to Sreesanth for sharp reply!! The kid has guts....standing upto the words of world's # 1psy-ops meister- Ponting.

New Delhi: The Australian team is in India for the seven-match One-Day series and they have the pressure on before the first ODI match on Saturday. Ahead of the first One-Day match in Bangalore on Saturday, Australian skipper Ricky Ponting has fired the first salvo saying they are the real world champions. "We know we have to play well in the subcontinent. But now the pressure will be back on the Indians because of the expectations. They are back as world champions and some of their players would be under pressure," Ricky Ponting pointed out. "India are the World Twenty20 champions and we are the world Test and world 50 overs champions. We have some 50 overs matches coming up. So that is how it will be now. I wouldn't be too carried away by the Twenty20 World Championship win," Ponting said. Fast bowler S Sreeshant countered Ponting’s claim saying: "If Australia think this series is going to be easy then they are just dreaming. All 15 of us are match winners." "They have just lost to us in the World Cup and they can never change it no matter what they do in the future. They can never change the past. What they do is important. Just by saying and talking that they will win, I can tell you it is not going to be easy for them," Sreesanth added. So the big question is who's the world champion in cricket? After the Twenty20 triumph, any Indian fan would say Mahendra Singh Dhoni's Daredevils. But Australia naturally have a different view. After the Twenty20 triumph, Dhoni's men now face a big challenge from the Aussies. The first of the seven One-Dayers will be played in Bangalore on Saturday. http://www.cricketnext.com/news/ponting-challenges-india-to-show-their-mettle/27177-13.html

In the past Australia has used Warne and sometimes McGrath to trash talk and unsettle their opponents before and during the series. Its another matter that Warne got smashed all over his ample rump by our batsmen usually. Its time to designate a couple of our own version of badboys like Sreesanth to handle this department. :giggle: To start, Sreesanth might declare he favours Hayden as his bunny and that he's coming to get him...:two_thumbs_up:

Good to see finally we have player(s) who are not averse to giving as good as they get. For time immemorial I have heard out stalwarts let their bats do the "talk". It is about time we get off our moral highground and start kicking our adverseries right where it hurts. Good on ya Sree, now get these buggers off the field fast.

Good to see finally we have player(s) who are not averse to giving as good as they get. For time immemorial I have heard out stalwarts let their bats do the "talk". It is about time we get off our moral highground and start kicking our adverseries right where it hurts. Good on ya Sree, now get these buggers off the field fast.
Aree yaar jo badal garajte hain wo baraste nahin. Nothing wrong with Sree mouthing off but when you do it all the time then people stop taking you seriously.
Sree will get hammered by Ponting. Sree Garner Holding needs to channel his aggression.
So what do you suggest GKD? Let go Aussies with whatever they say about Indian team, that too when they are touring India? Whatever happened to your fav movie 300 and that line, "This is Sparta". :tounge_smile: I say knock these buggers even before the series starts. That Sree has made an aggressive comment off field doesnt mean he is going to give less than 100% on it. Go Sree!:dance:
So what do you suggest GKD? Let go Aussies with whatever they say about Indian team, that too when they are touring India? Whatever happened to your fav movie 300 and that line, "This is Sparta". :tounge_smile: I say knock these buggers even before the series starts. That Sree has made an aggressive comment off field doesnt mean he is going to give less than 100% on it. Go Sree!:dance:
I just hope ponting doesnt make sreesanth eat his own words...history proves that aussies support their mouth with their bat and ball. I wish sree and india does the same
How about beating the **** out of them and then rubbing it in by mouthing off? :haha: Reminding them of what they said before the series etc. I personally think we should not be docile like the old lot but at the same time not as mouthy as Sree.
Aree yaar jo badal garajte hain wo baraste nahin. Nothing wrong with Sree mouthing off but when you do it all the time then people stop taking you seriously.
Well you are talking about Sreesanth who has performed in West Indies, in South Africa and India(wasnt too bad in England either) so going by his past performance Sree is not exactly a loud-mouth. In his 11 Test career he has performed more times than he has not. The two most aggressive intent of an Indian player in recent times have been thanks to Sree: 1) That straight six off Nel after the latter had loud mouthed him. 2) That dismissal of Hayden in 20/20 semis, then celebrating by hitting the ground and giving the che****a Hayden a proper send off. So I am gonna back up Sreesanth rather than all those "mahaan" players(mind you SRT and other bigwigs were also sledged by Nel in South Africa, and pardon me if I can not remember how they gave Nel anything back). As for Ponting do you lads realize that he averages a solid 12 off 8 tests in India?? How come Indian experts & Indian fans are not hitting Ponting with that record? xxx
I just hope ponting doesnt make sreesanth eat his own words...history proves that aussies support their mouth with their bat and ball. I wish sree and india does the same
If it was upto me I shall prepare the most spinning track ever and see how Ponting improves on his career average of 12 in India. Get Bhajji up his ar$e
And same Sree got hammered by that Paki in the final :hysterical:
Our boys are not scared nor particulary respect the gora teams. They do not cower in fear at them unlike some posters here:D They will take them head on and confront. Good luck new india. Brash, confident and arrogant. No backward steps from our boys. Wether its KP, Flintoff, Ponting or Hayden our boys are up for the fight! This kind of attitude is the stuff of WORLD CHAMPIONS:two_thumbs_up:

I hope he backs up what he says with some solid performances. Otherwise these fighting words aren't worth anything. Guys like McGrath and Warne were big talkers, but they got it done on the pitch. Indians don't always live up to their big words. I remember Harbhajan Singh making some big statements before NZ toured India in 2003. He said something along the lines of, "I can't wait to grab the ball and have a go at those Kiwis". NZ would later embarrass India and Bhajji by drawing the Test series