Dhoni's brilliance

novpj

Watched the whole match again yesterday and was really impressed by Dhoni's captaincy. A list of things that showed how well we executed in the match. Plz add others if I have missed: 1. Hafeez dismissal: Uthappa standing wider in the slips becoz pitch was on the slow side. 2. Bringing on Joginder right after Imran Nazir was run out. The pressure was on them so we squeezed out an over. 3. Getting an over from Yusuf Pathan out of the way similarly during this time - this created the flexibility to bowl Bhajji an over short 4. Keeping mid on in for struggling Younis to cut off singles 5. Floating 4th/5th slip for Misbah to stop the easy run to third man. For all of his fireworks at the end Misbah's stirke rate was not very high becoz field was setup to stop singles. 6. Keeping Pathan's overs for Afridi 7. Bowling RPS in the 19th - that over really helped build the pressure. Sure lady luck was on our side but seems like Dhoni has great instincts.

There was 1 more incident that I remember, but I dont remember what game(either semis or final). The team was milking singles, so he got more fielders in the ring(in the last 3-4 overs of a 20-20 game.. and both chases were down to the wire. Since the batsmen could not go for the singles anymore, went to slog, got out. It was a gamble, but he had the balls to take the risk. On the whole, his body language has been brilliant.