Shoaib escapes further action over Asif spat

Feed

You don't think making him miss the world cup, test series and most likely the ODI series is enough to set an example? They should have strict set of rules and suspend players who don't follow these rules but a life ban for dressing room spat is very harsh
Shoaib missed the world cup for his own fault (dope abuse). He should have served a 2 year ban which he did not. He missed the T20 & one test so far for whooping Asif. Not sure he has served his sentence yet.
how is the teams performance better when Shoaib is around. He has not played in almost 2 years. Do u think it helps the team morale when the player in question is always ... in parties in scandals (drugs, chucking) indiscipline giving stupid comments (including against his own teammates)... beating up his own teammate with a bat... (this really takes the cake) his ego has gone over the top. Just to give u an example. Shoaib is a chucker and eventhough he is hiding under double-jointed (or whatever ) and hyperextension, but playing him sets a wrong precedent. I think I read in some newspaper, that PCB pulled up 55 bowlers to correct the action. He got off the drug fiasco (throw in Asif too), what is the guarantee that other players will not follow his example. Now he gets off beating a team mate, i won't be surprised if i see more of this beating up team mates in the future. I am not sayng he should be banned for life. but he should be banned for at least 6 months and demoted to category B to set a justice precedent.
since 2000 130+ wickets at an average of 21 and SR of 37...that's where the team benefits.
I can see another Wasim Akram - Waqar Younis scenario in the Pak dressing room. PCB will pay dearly for this mistake.I sincerely hope Pakistan plays Shoaib when we play them. His presence will weaken the Pakistani team.
Shoaib was present in the test series vs ENG- PAK won 2 nil Present in the ODI series- PAK won 3-2 Present in the test series vs IND- PAK won 1 nil Absent in the ODI series vs IND- PAK lost 4-1
Shoaib was present in the test series vs ENG- PAK won 2 nil Present in the ODI series- PAK won 3-2 Present in the test series vs IND- PAK won 1 nil Absent in the ODI series vs IND- PAK lost 4-1
Am talking about playing vs India. When Pak played with Shoaib in 2004, Pak lost both the ODI & Test series When Pak played without Shoiab in 2005, you guys drew the test series & won the ODI series When you played him in 2006 again, you won the only test because of Asif and we won the ODI series I dont think Shoaib influences the outcome of a Ind-Pak series much!
since 2000 130+ wickets at an average of 21 and SR of 37...that's where the team benefits.
ok.. so in 7 years 130 wickets (accepted at a better average and strike rate)... but if u add all these scandals... i don't think it's worth it. PCB has been a laughing stock for the whole world for how they handled this maniac. And how long do u think he will be able to stay on field because of his fitness? I doubt he will be able to finish 5 days on the field, let alone a series. As sombody said, this was the perfect opportunity for PCB to show him who is the boss, set a precedent that no indiscipline will be allowed and they blew it.
Sreesanth is already taking care of the drama part:giggle:
When Sreesanth starts chucking, resorts to dope abuse, bigs himself as the next Kapil Dev & whoops a laughing RP Singh, then the comparison would be fair. Until then Shoaib will remain the queen of all dramas

Folks we should be encouraging Munda & the PCB in their support for Shoaib. Remember what Napolean said: Never interrupt an enemy when he is making a mistake. A corollary to that: Always encourage and shabash your enemy when he is commiting a blatant, blindingly obvious blunder

Folks we should be encouraging Munda & the PCB in their support for Shoaib. Remember what Napolean said: Never interrupt an enemy when he is making a mistake. A corollary to that: Always encourage and shabash your enemy when he is commiting a blatant, blindingly obvious blunder
i agree... Sorry MP... Shoaib (169 wickets in 10+ year career and with all the drama) is the greatest and biggest fast bowler in the world even better than Imran Khan (350+ wickets), Waseem (414 wickets) and Waqar (close to 400 wickets).:haha::haha::hysterical::hysterical:
Am talking about playing vs India. When Pak played with Shoaib in 2004, Pak lost both the ODI & Test series When Pak played without Shoiab in 2005, you guys drew the test series & won the ODI series When you played him in 2006 again, you won the only test because of Asif and we won the ODI series I dont think Shoaib influences the outcome of a Ind-Pak series much!
True but he will have a major influence while playing against all other teams. Other than the Kolkata test and a few ODI series in the late 90s and early 00s he has struggled a bit against IND. Here is his record against all teams in this decade

v Australia           5    20  5/21   22.40     
v England             4    18  5/71   26.77  
 v India              6    11  3/47   50.00    
v New Zealand         2    17  6/11   5.23   
 v South Africa       2    10   4/36  13.40    
v Sri Lanka           4    22  5/60   24.72    
v West Indies         2    10  5/24   17.80  

i agree... Sorry MP... Shoaib (169 wickets in 10+ year career and with all the drama) is the greatest and biggest fast bowler in the world even better than Imran Khan (350+ wickets), Waseem (414 wickets) and Waqar (close to 400 wickets).:haha::haha::hysterical::hysterical:
you got it now...the greatest and the bestest..:D

This was the quote from Graeme Smith prior to the start of the test series about Akthar :

I don't know, for us or for Pakistan?" Graeme Smith wittily replies when asked if the absence of Shoaib Akhtar would give an advantage to South Africa during their tour of Pakistan
:hysterical: