Nidhi Razdan being ripped apart by British MP Barry Gardiner

arun81

Will people now also claim that NDTV is paid media? This would effectively mean that BJP indulges in paid news too (which there is no doubt about). Every time there's a news article/video against Modi it is paid media, Congress goon etc etc. This shows that rather than draw conclusions on the position taken by the news channel it is best to argue with facts. PS - I expect to hear a claim by ICF Nobel Laureates on how NDTV slips in a good word about Modi to maintain a neutral veil. :giggle:
If you find NDTV to be a respetable news outlet, I have no issues with it but to call them neutral is well a sort of an abuse for them. Will be a waste of years of sustained efforts from barkha and gang to show their pro-Congress tilt. Forget Modi, if you can, please go through some of their videos and their attempts to 'evovle' Rahul Gandhi or Priyanka Gandhi.

Which again is not correct.
Most Indian journalists are hacks, but that is not being debated. There were 2 main points being made in the thread: 1. Razdan got ripped apart by Gardiner. Clearly not the case, given how many lies Gardiner had to spout in 4 minutes to "rip apart" Razdan. 2. Razdan's line of questioning was driven by NDTV's agenda against Modi. Again shown to be clearly not true, given how another journalist from NDTV is shown to pursue a similar line of questioning on an opposite stance.

Most Indian journalists are hacks, but that is not being debated. There were 2 main points being made in the thread: 1. Razdan got ripped apart by Gardiner. Clearly not the case, given how many lies Gardiner had to spout in 4 minutes to "rip apart" Razdan. 2. Razdan's line of questioning was driven by NDTV's agenda against Modi. Again shown to be clearly not true, given how another journalist from NDTV is shown to pursue a similar line of questioning on an opposite stance.
And that perception has been built over the years through their sustained anti-Modi campaigns (perhaps also driven by the fact that since 2002, Modi has given interviews to even Rajdeep but not to Barkha / NDTV). Their 'Blow to Modi' headlines became a sort of a joke which even poor NDTV has been forced to cut down on in recent days. There's a reason why every new bird in the season with a a story to tell about Modi's Gujrat had a platform available for him/her at NDTV - From Teesta , Mukul Sinha, Sanjiv Bhatt, Aakar Patel, Zahir J Mohammed, Shivam Vij, Shoma Chaudhary, Ashish Khetan, Harry Baweja, Late Haren Pandya's father and wife, Ishrat Jahan's family, Sohrabuddin's family - list is long. Anyone who could sling some mud on Modi was welcome and did so without any inhibitions. Contrast that with her complete volte face on Madhu Kishwar, a left leaning social activist who has turned pro-Modi. Used to be a regular on NDTV but since she started writing pro-Modi articles, has no place on NDTV panels! Let me also say that as a media outlet they are free to pursue independent editorial policies but then viewers like myself will also have the freedom to make our judgments about their leanings and intentions.

I know about the Radia tapes but to dismiss every news as Congress mouth piece is too naive. Some news are reported verbatim on other news channels like CNN-IBN etc.
dont think that one can remain politically neutral in the long run...eventually one has to choose sides & feel NDTV chooses the winning horse(you may call it the lesser of the evil). nothing wrong with that except the browbeating to everyone about their so called political neutrality..

If you find NDTV to be a respetable news outlet' date=' I have no issues with it [b']but to call them neutral is well a sort of an abuse for them. Will be a waste of years of sustained efforts from barkha and gang to show their pro-Congress tilt. Forget Modi, if you can, please go through some of their videos and their attempts to 'evovle' Rahul Gandhi or Priyanka Gandhi.
So would it be for any news channel. NDTV gets the flak for being biased towards Congress. I do not see people talking about other party mouth pieces. In addition, you can not dismiss *ALL* news which comes from NDTV by citing paid media baaja. There's an issue with consistency which I have highlighted.

Let me also say that as a media outlet they are free to pursue independent editorial policies but then viewers like myself will also have the freedom to make our judgments about their leanings and intentions.
Sure, you have the freedom to make those judgments, but in this particular case your judgment has been shown to be wrong. NDTV might have an agenda driven against Modi, but that does not mean that all news and interviews on Modi are agenda driven.