Munaf Musa Patel

fineleg

He seems to wonder many things. But this scorecard does not leave many things to imagination does it? http://content-www.cricinfo.com/india/engine/current/match/306380.html Munaf Patel 16 overs, 0 maidens, 71 runs, 0 wickets against Mumbai 9 NO BALLS (added this note thanks to Zubin Pepsi) spacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifBowling Ospacer.gifM R W Econ MM Patel 15.5 0 71 0 4.48 (9nb) RR Bose 22.1 4 88 3 3.96 (2w) I Sharma 17spacer.gif 5 53 2 3.11 (3nb, 1w) PP Ojha 18spacer.gif 0 96 2 5.33 A Mishra 8spacer.gif 0 47 0 5.87 (3nb) S Badrinath 5spacer.gif 0 16 0 3.20

Umm, I wouldn't read too much into those stats. Anyone saw the game? I don't think numbers alone can tell the whole story. I mean I've seen sometimes 9-10 catches go down in the slip region in these matches before. its possible chances if his bowling were not held on to, or maybe he was unlucky and got a lot of egdes but they went over slip etc. He is definitely better than BOSE and SHARMA.

Umm, I wouldn't read too much into those stats. Anyone saw the game? I don't think numbers alone can tell the whole story. I mean I've seen sometimes 9-10 catches go down in the slip region in these matches before. its possible chances if his bowling were not held on to, or maybe he was unlucky and got a lot of egdes but they went over slip etc. He is definitely better than BOSE and SHARMA.
Yes lets practice faith based selection
Chandan saw the match. I'll wait to hear from her.
yeah I mean someone who saw the game will be a better judge. We've seen Agarkar return figures like 2/55 often while Zak might have gone for 0/40 in the same game. There's no way to tell other than watching the game.

Im here..:D noticed tht run-out and shell shocked... u have to see the 1st days video in the video section at 00.16.. his fielding was amazing..:giggle: have to see the video yet.. wat do u think it wud b ?? running towards the ball, picks it up in one hand n throws at the stumps with feet on the ground.. Direct HIT...like a keith Atherton throw..?? :finger:

Im here..:D noticed tht run-out and shell shocked... u have to see the 1st days video in the video section at 00.16.. his fielding was amazing..:giggle: have to see the video yet.. wat do u think it wud b ?? running towards the ball, picks it up in one hand n throws at the stumps with feet on the ground.. Direct HIT...like a keith Atherton throw..?? :finger:
haha not expecting much just some typical McGrath type throw from the deep right over the stumps :finger:

Inspired Munaf leaves Mumbai wilting

did well in 2nd innings... eat it haters :rolleyes:
agreed...we comment without keeping patience and seeing the total performance...look at this report!

250200.jpg Munaf Patel's rejuvenated spell swung the match ROI's way

Munaf, so lacklustre with the ball earlier in the match, came out with his tail-end heroics fresh in his mind while Mumbai appeared somewhat demoralized. His direct hit to run out Sahil Kukreja got the ball rolling before Ishant Sharma and Ranadeb Bose each picked up a wicket early. Then Munaf, charging in first-change and getting the ball to move in towards the batsmen, snapped Mumbai's back. His first victim was Prashant Naik, shouldering arms to one that jagged back in sharply. Then Abhishek Nayar, one of the first-innings centurions, was drawn into playing at one that moved away, edging to Aakash Chopra at second slip. Ramesh Powar had no clue about an in-swinger that hit the top of off stump. The burst from Munaf later in the day aside, when Munaf came in to join Bose after Tiwary departed on the stroke of lunch, ROI were 35 behind. In a tense span of 57 minutes after the interval Munaf and Bose prodded, edged, played and missed, survived close shouts, but crucially got ROI past the line. Two balls later, Munaf walked in front of the stumps and was hit on the pads dead in front, but was not given out. Munaf then hit three boundaries in one Abdulla over really rub it in before he and Bose fell in quick succession. All through Munaf's innings, the field was set with a deep long-off, a long-on, a third man and a midwicket.