Munaf Musa Patel

fineleg

Living, One such performance is not going to impress me. Good job in 2nd Inn, I agree. But, let the slacker prove it for a few matches consistently, and then I'll see.
so u can diss him for the 1st innings, but him coming back in 2nd innings dosent mean **** huh:two_thumbs_up:

The main reason for picking Sreesanth over Munaf is 1) Fielding ... Munaf is the worst young fielder i have seen 2) Bowling ... Sreesanth can swing it both ways and on his day can take wickets in groups. He is someone that can either win you a match or lose you it . 3) Batting ... Sreesanth can hit a six off a bowler like Nel but I do hope Munaf can demonstrate the talent that everyone keeps raving about him because in ODIs at the moment, I feel that the first good right arm paceman that shows some consistency will get a run in the side.

Living, One such performance is not going to impress me. Good job in 2nd Inn, I agree. But, let the slacker prove it for a few matches consistently, and then I'll see.
heheheheheee...what about in the case of Sreesanth!

:two_thumbs_up:

240568.jpg:two_thumbs_up:

The main reason for picking Sreesanth over Munaf is 1) Fielding ... Munaf is the worst young fielder i have seen 2) Bowling ... Sreesanth can swing it both ways and on his day can take wickets in groups. He is someone that can either win you a match or lose you it . 3) Batting ... Sreesanth can hit a six off a bowler like Nel.
:finger: so you mean to say is only...Sree is perfect!
so u can diss him for the 1st innings' date=' but him coming back in 2nd innings dosent mean **** huh:two_thumbs_up:[/quote'] haha yeah, talk about double standards - a whole thread just for the 1st innings. And Sree antics are ok since its aggression lmoa. I'd take a docile Munaf who doesn't act stupid on the field every single day!!
haha yeah, talk about double standards - a whole thread just for the 1st innings. And Sree antics are ok since its aggression lmoa. I'd take a docile Munaf who doesn't act stupid on the field every single day!!
This is based on multiple observations of LGMP (Lazy Grandpa Munaf Patel). Not just this 1st inn...so unless he can show consistency and agility, he can go jump up and down but he wont be in the team.

Munaf's spell made the difference: Rege

91007munaf_313.jpg
Mumbai: It was a different Mumbai that turned up on Day three of the 2007 Irani Trophy. After allowing Rest of India’s eighth-wicket pair to filch a crucial first innings lead, Mumbai just fell to bits in the second innings. Where did the script go wrong? "Make no mistake, Munaf Patel bowled a brilliant spell," Mumbai selector Milind Rege told Cricketnext, "in the first innings he just ran in and released the ball. But on day three he was prepared to bend his back. There was nothing wrong with the wicket. It was an amazing display of high-quality, quick bowling. Probably somebody had instigated him. Also Mumbai erred in not opening with Wasim Jaffer. The seniors should be prepared to show the way." Rege, though, minced no words on Ramesh Powar’s outing in this game. “He bowled awfully. In fact he has been off colour for the last three, four games,†he said. Mumbai felt the hurt of untimely injuries to Aavishkar Salvi and Swapnil Hazare but this was an opportunity for the bench to measure up to the big screen. Strangely, they looked bereft of ideas. Both Rajesh Verma and Abhishek Nayar had a role to play in this game. Verma got a five-er in the first innings and bowled well within his limitations. Nayar came across as more of a stock bowler. Not to forget his sparkling century under extenuating circumstances. However, with the ball, none, including Ajit Agarkar, looked menacing enough to run through the side. Not long ago, Mumbai’s celebrated triad Paras Mhambrey, Abey Kuruvilla and Salil Ankola trampled underfoot the most formidable oppositions. And here they have Verma and Nayar who can barely clock 130 kph. In fact Nayar managed to hit Ranadeb Bose’s wickets but the ball barely had any pace to dislodge the bails. Much as been said about the glaring umpiring decisions and the defensive fields when the eight wicket stand was taking the game away. When Mumbai look back on this game, they will have themselves to blame for not capitalising on the chances that came their way. Parthiv Patel was at 21 when Mumbai made a meal of a catch at gully. Centurion Manoj Tiwary had a reprieve when he was on 35; wicket-keeper Omkar Gurav fluffed a fairly take-able chance.
081007munaf_313.jpg

Former Mumbai opener Shishir Hattangadi is less critical of the side's showing in this game. He contends that Mumbai, despite being Ranji Trophy winners, is going through a recycling situation with rookies like Iqbal Abdullah being blooded and a lot of players tracing their first steps in first-class cricket. Nonetheless, Mumbai’s methods in the second innings weren’t lost on him. Hattangadi remarked, "History has it that whenever Mumbai have their backs to the wall, they hit back strongly. I didn’t see the Mumbai-character in these boys. I hope this is just a flash in the pan, for some of the shots they played defy reason. Time was not an issue even though they conceded a crucial lead. Any total of 250 could have been tricky. I do not know what they were thinking."

Munaf ,IMO, has always been a great bowler in patches. In between getting carted all over the park he has proved that he can bowl some unplayable deliveries. But if his fitness does not match his abilities there is no point mulling over him. If he can play consistently in the ranji / irani without breaking down, then i think he deserves a place in the 11. Cricket is about getting a fine balance, and if munaf is not consistently fit, it will be difficult to accommodate him