Any of you have next-gen consoles?

gorah_pindu

I think i am the only one with the 360 here. I know Ravi got a Wii. I had mine for a year and have a decent collection. There are over 100 demos (and 100s more for arcade titles) online and its so easy to setup your system for online. You should try the games you like in your genre the 1st week. Some of my fav games are Gears of war - Third person shooter. The game that pulled me back into gaming. Awesome fun. Have played it almost everyday in the past 11 months. Bioshock (Demo available) - Considered to be finest game this year. Its basically a Ayn Rand world set in the 60's with some of the best environments that seriously pushes video games into the art genre. Great story with great plot twists. Halo 3 - Finish the fight!I just finished it yesterday and what a ride it was! Crackdown (Demo available) - Its basically GTA on steroids. Not big on story or presentation but this game is so much fun. You can become a superhero in a sandbox world and do things your own way. No set missions...just do what you wanna do. Dead rising (demo av.,not recommended if you have a SDTV) - Again , a senseless story but completely different than any game ever released before. Its like dawn of the dead. You are stuck in a mall infested with zombies and you have to solve the mystery. Meanwhile you can use whats lying around in the mall for weapons like frying pans, hangers, toy lightsabers, golf clubs,cash registers to shovels, lawnmowers, hammers, guns etc... Also liked the generic shooters like COD3,Rainbow six etc and the EA crap... Will pick up Orange box,PGR 4, Mass effect,Assains creed next. Since i missed last gen, i am always looking for good games last gen. So far Ninja gaiden black is brilliant. What's your gamertag? If you get Gears of war,crackdown or Halo, we can play Co-op. And the new achievements thing in the 360, if you have OCD, say goodbye to your social life.

own a ps3 currently playing rainbow six vegas and Dirt. among upcoming titles COD4 looks promising will be buying that when it comes out next month . Never owned xbox and never played Halo not even on computer so Zap invite me.
I meant online Co-op. If 2 persons have the same game, they can play the story mode together online(Not talking about Multiplayer). Rainbow six vegas has that feature. Its much more fun with your buddy and you trashtalking while taking down the terrorists. Try it. I think you should give heavenly sword a try (demo is in the PSN store).Also you should get God of war 2 (PS2 game but works on the PS3).Anyway, I am just waiting for a reason to get a PS3 but so far none of the games have been great. Plus the 360 has already made me give up TV and movies. There is only so much gaming i can do.

I played Bioshock at a friend's place. It is quite good. I will probably get it. didnt get Halo 3 - I am waiting for the real good ones - Mass Effect' date=' and then later on HalfLife 2 - The orange box.[/quote'] Yea Mass Effect is one badass game. They should hype it more than Halo lol. Bioware never fail to deliver good games.

When you activate your account, you get a free 1 month trial for gold membership. So you can use MP or Co-op then. Besides gold is only 4$ per month. Silver is good enuf if you dont like MP. You pretty much get everything cept the MP in silver anyway. Try the demos. If you wanna play co-op in gears, tell me. I don't mind playing the game again.

I think i am the only one with the 360 here. I know Ravi got a Wii. I had mine for a year and have a decent collection. There are over 100 demos (and 100s more for arcade titles) online and its so easy to setup your system for online. You should try the games you like in your genre the 1st week. Some of my fav games are Gears of war - Third person shooter. The game that pulled me back into gaming. Awesome fun. Have played it almost everyday in the past 11 months. Bioshock (Demo available) - Considered to be finest game this year. Its basically a Ayn Rand world set in the 60's with some of the best environments that seriously pushes video games into the art genre. Great story with great plot twists. Halo 3 - Finish the fight!I just finished it yesterday and what a ride it was! Crackdown (Demo available) - Its basically GTA on steroids. Not big on story or presentation but this game is so much fun. You can become a superhero in a sandbox world and do things your own way. No set missions...just do what you wanna do. Dead rising (demo av.,not recommended if you have a SDTV) - Again , a senseless story but completely different than any game ever released before. Its like dawn of the dead. You are stuck in a mall infested with zombies and you have to solve the mystery. Meanwhile you can use whats lying around in the mall for weapons like frying pans, hangers, toy lightsabers, golf clubs,cash registers to shovels, lawnmowers, hammers, guns etc... Also liked the generic shooters like COD3,Rainbow six etc and the EA crap... Will pick up Orange box,PGR 4, Mass effect,Assains creed next. Since i missed last gen, i am always looking for good games last gen. So far Ninja gaiden black is brilliant. What's your gamertag? If you get Gears of war,crackdown or Halo, we can play Co-op. And the new achievements thing in the 360, if you have OCD, say goodbye to your social life.
Oh chaser of Leela, I got a 360 too. But I keep myself off Live since I do want to do things like going to work, eat, sleep occasionally and see the sun ( or rain clouds, since I am in seattle :) )

I meant online Co-op. If 2 persons have the same game, they can play the story mode together online(Not talking about Multiplayer). Rainbow six vegas has that feature. Its much more fun with your buddy and you trashtalking while taking down the terrorists. Try it. I think you should give heavenly sword a try (demo is in the PSN store).Also you should get God of war 2 (PS2 game but works on the PS3).Anyway, I am just waiting for a reason to get a PS3 but so far none of the games have been great. Plus the 360 has already made me give up TV and movies. There is only so much gaming i can do.
if u have xbox 360 i dont see the need to buy ps3. 360 has far better games n u get them faster. i tried heavenly sword demo impressive graphics but same old stuff.

<------------Master "Hayabusa" chief

Oh chaser of Leela' date=' I got a 360 too. But I keep myself off Live since I do want to do things like going to work, eat, sleep occasionally and see the sun ( or rain clouds, since I am in seattle :) )[/quote'] Tell me about it. I did not renew my live membership last month cos i wanted to stop playing Gears of war Multiplayer. But just couldn't resist the pull of halo and renewed it last week. I still do all things i would do otherwise like playing tennis and cricket, binge drinking etc. I just stopped watching TV. I got the Ipod touch (will come in post on wednesday) so that i can catch up some of the TV shows i used to watch.

When you activate your account, you get a free 1 month trial for gold membership. So you can use MP or Co-op then. Besides gold is only 4$ per month. Silver is good enuf if you dont like MP. You pretty much get everything cept the MP in silver anyway. Try the demos. If you wanna play co-op in gears, tell me. I don't mind playing the game again.
Speaking of Gears - I find it really hard to play shooters because my SDTV is getting pretty old - I can bearly make out where tracer fire is going - sometimes cant tell Locust from team members. Sony Trinitron used to be the best colour TV, but mines about a decade old now, and the pixels have started to bleed.

Speaking of Gears - I find it really hard to play shooters because my SDTV is getting pretty old - I can bearly make out where tracer fire is going - sometimes cant tell Locust from team members. Sony Trinitron used to be the best colour TV' date=' but mines about a decade old now, and the pixels have started to bleed.[/quote'] Thats probably because everything has the same color palette. But you are missing something if you play this or Bioshock on your TV. Both the games are gorgeous even on a decent SD TV. I still feel Gears has the best graphics in a game yet and its almost a year old. What other games are playing and what are you planning to get in the near future? PS: Tried chainsawing yet?

Thats probably because everything has the same color palette. But you are missing something if you play this or Bioshock on your TV. Both the games are gorgeous even on a decent SD TV. I still feel Gears has the best graphics in a game yet and its almost a year old. What other games are playing and what are you planning to get in the near future? PS: Tried chainsawing yet?
Head stomping fun!