What is wrong with Parthiv Patel ?

Ram

Err, its such a blessing his era coincides with Dhoni's & KKD's. Imagine, having to witness this nincompoop doing a dandiya behind the sticks every game without having an adequate replacement ? Parthiv Patel's first goal is to attain puberty and then to catch mosquitoes at net practice. When he graduates from there, he can aspire to be a wickie. Until then spare us the trouble little fella!
I dont know if that was meant to be sarcastic or scathing. Either way , it worked. :D Parthiv became a keeper too early. I dont think 18-19 is the right age to be a wicket-keeper. Unlike batting/bowling , wicket keepers generally go through dramatic phases of evolution through their careers. One reason that makes me really like Parthiv is that , even at that tender age , he was mentally very tough and played a lot of steely knock. Now older , more experienced , i can only assume his batting has got much better. Same goes with the keeping. We have some interesting times ahead , as far as the tussle between Dhoni, Karthik and Parthiv is concerned. All of them are still quite young, so that makes it even more mouth-watering.
I dont know if that was meant to be sarcastic or scathing. Either way , it worked. :D Parthiv became a keeper too early. I dont think 18-19 is the right age to be a wicket-keeper. Unlike batting/bowling , wicket keepers generally go through dramatic phases of evolution through their careers. One reason that makes me really like Parthiv is that , even at that tender age , he was mentally very tough and played a lot of steely knock. Now older , more experienced , i can only assume his batting has got much better. Same goes with the keeping. We have some interesting times ahead , as far as the tussle between Dhoni, Karthik and Parthiv is concerned. All of them are still quite young, so that makes it even more mouth-watering.
Dhoni is captain :finger:

Rest of India ride on Parthiv's ton Rajkot: Parthiv Patel scored a fine unbeaten century as well as shared a 142-run partnership with Manoj Tiwary to help Rest of India fight back in their Irani Trophy cricket match against Mumbai here on Sunday. Although, Rest of India had a bad start losing top three wickets after Mumbai were all out for 453, but Parthiv Patel did the rescue work partnering S Badrinath (29 runs, 52balls, 4x4, 1x6) and then with Tiwary to take his team to 292 for 4 at stumps on day two. Opener Aakash Chopra failed to open his account as he fell to Rajesh Verma. Skipper Mohd Kaif 18 (30b, 1x4) and Suresh Raina 17 (20b, 3x4) also got out cheaply to Ajit Agarkar and Verma respectively as Rest of India were tottering at 64 for 3. Patel and Badrinath then added 86 runs for the fourth wicket. Later, Patel got useful support from Tiwary. The wicketkeeper completed his century off 120 balls with the help of 18 fours and was unbeaten on 161 (204 balls) at close of play. Tiwary took 104 balls for his unbeaten 56, which included six fours and two towering sixes. Rest of India still trail by 161 with six wickets in hand.

I can't see why Parthiv is not playing ODI's against Australia.It is true that Parthiv lost his place... Parthiv has been in unstoppable form this season and the national selectors cannot ignore him... Patel was absolutely at his best. A great innings. Pity that BCCI preferred Badrinath over him...
whats ur opinion about inclusion of Badrinath overlooking these thunderous performances by Parthiv Patel?
whats ur opinion about inclusion of Badrinath overlooking these thunderous performances by Parthiv Patel?
Parthiv isnt an one-day player. He doesnt have power game. His game thrives in attacking field settings, with lots of slips and he scores a lots of runs through third man and point. He will be found desperately wanting in one-dayers and can be easily contained.