Staying in US - H1B's

living

Always wanted to do an MBA Lurks, always. And six years of engineering and the struggles that were associated with it has just made me more determined. :D MBA is like a passion for me , not a degree.
Interesting MM. Why "always"? did you know about the actual career a lot before so you were always interested? or was it that glamour factor that was talked up by folks around you since young that built an interest?

Interesting MM. Why "always"? did you know about the actual career a lot before so you were always interested? or was it that glamour factor that was talked up by folks around you since young that built an interest?
I always had an interest for business. Half my engineering was spent watching BBC business reports and other business channels and most of my pocket money would go in buying business magazines. :D No glamour thingy here , its something i had always wanted to do. Missed the CAT in one section. Had the option of working in a top s/w company, but chose to come here since i felt an MBA in a US university will better jump-start my career and give me a more global perspective of things.

Oh no ' date=' i think i have knack of hijacking threads.:confused_smile:[/quote'] Read this thrice :D and feel proud you are helping things along the right path. http://www.indiancricketfans.com/showpost.php?p=201287&postcount=58 Finey's axiom (successfully implemented by beetle-ji :D): A thread has only fulfilled its destiny if it is hijacked. :thumbs_up:

Oh no ' date=' i think i have knack of hijacking threads.:confused_smile:[/quote'] YES YOU DO :finger: :D Anyway as of now I'm thinking hang around for a couple of months and get a feel for things (after I graduate). Decide if I want to study further - u know MS, PhD or MBA etc. If I do - then hang around longer and decide again, if no more studying then relocate to Mera Bharat Mahan or in Dubai Dawood ka adda. Obviously there's also a case where in I meet a hot babe :wink_smile: ... and .... well ... you know the rest :tounge_smile:

YES YOU DO :finger: :D Anyway as of now I'm thinking hang around for a couple of months and get a feel for things (after I graduate). Decide if I want to study further - u know MS, PhD or MBA etc. If I do - then hang around longer and decide again, if no more studying then relocate to Mera Bharat Mahan or in Dubai Dawood ka adda. Obviously there's also a case where in I meet a hot babe :wink_smile: ... and .... well ... you know the rest :tounge_smile:
What? You mean you will "marry and settle down" then with a trophy wife? :D Good luck if she'll hang around for that :haha:

"India is developing , but the job market there is still very primitive and IT based. You definately dont get the same variety , both in terms of length and breadth , of jobs in India , as you do in western countries. Atleast not for another decade. " MM...interesting you say that.I don't know much about non-IT jobs but I know many people in IT who went back to India after many years in the US because they felt that they had lot more variety and interesting job descriptions in India. Lots of good high value chain work is now being done out of India.....

"India is developing , but the job market there is still very primitive and IT based. You definately dont get the same variety , both in terms of length and breadth , of jobs in India , as you do in western countries. Atleast not for another decade. " MM...interesting you say that.I don't know much about non-IT jobs but I know many people in IT who went back to India after many years in the US because they felt that they had lot more variety and interesting job descriptions in India. Lots of good high value chain work is now being done out of India.....
Mandrake the magician, You are right. Lot of high value work is now done in India in many different fields, not just IT.

Those are for experienced professionals Mandrake , guys with say 7-8 years of work in IT. They do have VERY remunerative and challenging jobs nowadays. But there isnt a lot of options for freshers like me. Yes , if one is interested in working in technology , there are some good research positions opening in India now too , but as far as IT/management is concerned , the Indian marker is STILL very nascent and evolving.

YES YOU DO :finger: :D Anyway as of now I'm thinking hang around for a couple of months and get a feel for things (after I graduate). Decide if I want to study further - u know MS, PhD or MBA etc. If I do - then hang around longer and decide again, if no more studying then relocate to Mera Bharat Mahan or in Dubai Dawood ka adda. Obviously there's also a case where in I meet a hot babe :wink_smile: ... and .... well ... you know the rest :tounge_smile:
Dude , you dont "Hang around decide" . You must have decided by now, if you are going to graduate in a couple of months. :tounge_smile:

"Hang around and decide" is the X+1 syndrome. Will be there in US for one more year, then 'maybe' I'll leave. Then x = x+1 Then trophy wife or not, kids will be born, and then they grow up, then they become teenagers and bring a firaangi bf or gf home, and you'll be like "We are going back to India right now" and then the teenager will be like :finger: Alrite, Alrite, movie over.

haha that movie ain't going to happen, unless I can get together with this really awesome girl i my college. Though its not going to happen - shes way out of my league :( Anyway, my idea is that I should at least work for 6-8 months to get some experience and to give me an edge over other people in the job market :D

haha that movie ain't going to happen' date=' unless I can get together with this really awesome girl i my college. Though its not going to happen - shes way out of my league :( Anyway, my idea is that I should at least work for 6-8 months to get some experience and to give me an edge over other people in the job market :D
Living, Dont give up!