Staying in US - H1B's

living

Definitely not # 3 for me. My dad and mom had love marriage 20 years back so no pressures of arranged marriage for me :two_thumbs_up: #1 might disappear too if I get into i-banking :giggle: "GREEEEEDDDDD IS NOT GOOOODD" - I know :finger:

yessir...I am surprised how the # 1 and # 3 factors are taken for granted..I live in the U.S and I am in my 20's ..Whenever I have met fellow Indians they assume I am # 1and ask invariably what skill sets I specialize in and the next ques is when are my parennts going for # 3..:D

good gosh..another one bites the dust...the following 3 factors defines an indian: 1- A software engineer 2- a cricket fan 3- Arranged marriage the second factor runs in my blood but thankfully not the first and the third
1) hey , i just remembered. I hunt down terrorists and kill fresh-water crocs for a living. :tounge_smile: Indians come here to get technical degress. IT is the hottest job market and pays the best I think you can see the connection. So , what is it about IT that you find so disgusting , you highness ? 2) Cricket is by far the most popular sport in India. It doesnt take an Einstein to figure out most Indians would obviously do some cricket of following :tounge_smile: 3) If you think Love marraige increase the probability of a successful married life any more than arranged marraige , you havent seen anything yet my friend. :tounge_smile: And finally , never again refer to Indians in such a sarcastic tone or associate them with common prototypes.

aahhaa..there u go again...i never indicated that those 3 factors are wrong or right...I am the first to acknowledge that i am a die hard fan of cricket,exactly the reason why i am a member of this website...i never said that love marriage is more successful that the arranged one..we already have a thread on arrabged vs love running on this website...,my motto is "single raho sukhi raho"...

aahhaa..there u go again...i never indicated that those 3 factors are wrong or right...I am the first to acknowledge that i am a die hard fan of cricket' date=exactly the reason why i am a member of this website...i never said that love marriage is more successful that the arranged one..we already have a thread on arrabged vs love running on this website...,my motto is "single raho sukhi raho"...
You say that , but in the previous post ,
good gosh..another one bites the dust...the following 3 factors defines an indian: 1- A software engineer 2- a cricket fan 3- Arranged marriage the second factor runs in my blood but thankfully not the first and the third
You say this. Hmmm.. now that is what you call self-contradicting.

Jaideep, What do you do for a living and why is it that what you do is great and that you "thankfully" avoided IT? Is IT some kind of 'problem' field? I'm not saying one thing is better than the other, but you seem to have some issues with certain professions?

Jaideep, What do you do for a living and why is it that what you do is great and that you "thankfully" avoided IT? Is IT some kind of 'problem' field? I dont anything "great" for a living..I just a regular next door guy person with a regular profession..I am an engineer but a non-IT kind I'm not saying one thing is better than the other, but you seem to have some issues with certain professions?
The only issue I have is fellow indians take it for granted that every indian who walks this planet earth is a software guy as if it is the end-all and be-all ofthis universe..

Jaideep, What do you do for a living and why is it that what you do is great and that you "thankfully" avoided IT? Is IT some kind of 'problem' field? I'm not saying one thing is better than the other, but you seem to have some issues with certain professions?
I dont anything "great" for a living..I just a regular next door guy person with a regular profession..I am an engineer but a non-IT kind

The only issue I have is fellow indians take it for granted that every indian who walks this planet earth is a software guy as if it is the end-all and be-all ofthis universe..
no one is that stupid to generalize...you think IT people don't know that there are other worthless professions? :D

just wanna add that IT people can be some of the funniest people - i work in the business environment and everyone is really stiff shirted. Somehow most of my friends are in IT and they really know how to have a good laugh! as for marriage - if you believe in the media sold version of "love" then arranged marriage won't be for you; but if see the world as it is you'll realise that it comes in lots of different packages and for some people thats arranged marriage package. and cricket - "i dont like cricket oh no; I LOVE IT ... yeah!"