Positives and certain players form

bharat297

If there is a positive it is that there is a good chance we could not possibly play any worse than what we just did ... so i guess the only way is up. Having said that, I have thought that before ... and we go up and then back down . But, we probably just saw what our worst cricket against Australia looks like. As for the form of certain players ... I am not sure whats happening with Dravid but I would not bring in someone new into this series as it is unfair to subject a new player to 2 more canings against the world champs. I reckon see out the rest of the series and make an assessment at the end. Rahul Dravid is arguably the hardest worker in the Indian team, he has been an unselfish loyal player for India. We owe it to him to let him return to form, by letting him see out this series. I am sure he is training his backside off in trying to get back into form. But just as a side note, if I were to replace him I would replace him with Badrinath or Tiwary. I am more concerned with the form of our opening bowlers. The form shown from Zaheer and RP is a far cry from their sublime form in England (even though this was a small total). Sreesanth is too inconsistent to rely on. Its amazing that now Irfan Pathan is our most consistent bowler ... can u believe that? ... who would have thought that 12 months ago? None of our bowlers (spinners included) have been able to beat the bat consistently ... and it is an area that needs to be addressed. Our game plan cant always revolve around us batting first and making a big score. Our pacemen need to have other weapons in their arsenal if the ball is not swinging.

I agree Bharat. In fact, Dravid looked in good touch at Chandigarh and today's match was everyone's off day for God knows why. Zaheer was not impressive with the white ball even in England. So why not rest him from ODIs and save him tests instead? RP Singh is young and needs to learn. Hence let us keep him playing. I think Harbhajan was not told why he was dropped from the side after WC. It was because he had forgotten the art of taking wicket. And I can't see any change in that. I think he needs to be reminded what the team expects from him. Pathan might be consistent. But he is making the same mistake which Bhajji has done, ie, forgetting how to take wickets. This style will take him nowhere. And I still haven't found any evidence that he has discovered the ability to swing again.

I agree Bharat. In fact, Dravid looked in good touch at Chandigarh and today's match was everyone's off day for God knows why. Zaheer was not impressive with the white ball even in England. So why not rest him from ODIs and save him tests instead? RP Singh is young and needs to learn. Hence let us keep him playing. I think Harbhajan was not told why he was dropped from the side after WC. It was because he had forgotten the art of taking wicket. And I can't see any change in that. I think he needs to be reminded what the team expects from him. Pathan might be consistent. But he is making the same mistake which Bhajji has done, ie, forgetting how to take wickets. This style will take him nowhere. And I still haven't found any evidence that he has discovered the ability to swing again.
excellent post , Bhajji has forgotten how to wickets , he was needed to take wickets , what he does bowls flat , rather than trying to take wickets, the total was too small to defend , they needed to attach , Dhoni did the right thing in trying to attach but his spinners failed to make an impact.unless he proves he can tickets in domestic cricket it is better for indian team without him
I am more concerned with the form of our opening bowlers. The form shown from Zaheer and RP is a far cry from their sublime form in England (even though this was a small total). Sreesanth is too inconsistent to rely on. Its amazing that now Irfan Pathan is our most consistent bowler ... can u believe that? ... who would have thought that 12 months ago? None of our bowlers (spinners included) have been able to beat the bat consistently ... and it is an area that needs to be addressed. Our game plan cant always revolve around us batting first and making a big score. Our pacemen need to have other weapons in their arsenal if the ball is not swinging.
well said...but in most of the big names its all about money... Paisa...yes, some of our players' earnings are beyond their imagination that made them content ... either they must respectfully accept this and quit cricket or they should develop more hunger for achievements in money, fame and cricket...!