T420 Champions: India

Guest HariSampath

Again, its easy to be believing and say I am making it up, but facts remain. India has thrown several matches in many many series purely for the sake of hard cash from bookies, for illegal betting. It has all been out and in the open There is no denying this fact. Proving it may require different levels of proof for different persons. But anyone with strong commonsense can see what is happening. The pattern is there, if you choose to seeit.
Why do you follow a bunch of cheats? And if it is the love for your country or whatever, why don't you start some meaningful campaign to expose these cheats rather than posting unsubstantiated sentences and allegations on an anonymous MB?
Guest HariSampath
Maybe there is more to it than cricket Hari. Maybe it is a social malaise. We just dont care enough or worse we find ourselves so helpless that we assume that we have absolutely no power over how our country, our cricket team etc is run? xx
Lurks ther is nothing more to these things but plain greed and corruption Its as obvious as daylight that cricket matches are first and foremost meant for an exclusive set of players whom the sponsors have invetsted tens of millions dollars, and to protect and promote those investments, the players play with one single goal of remaining in the side as long as possible to be on TV as active cricket players, Thi is is the major motivation for the players, NOT the team winning
Guest HariSampath
Why do you follow a bunch of cheats? And if it is the love for your country or whatever' date=' why don't you start some meaningful campaign to expose these cheats rather than posting unsubstantiated sentences and allegations on an anonymous MB?[/quote'] Yes, very true. any meaningful campaign will have to start with cricket fans who seriously trust these players are not what they seem outside. I know many things for facts that I cannot post publicly. Because I had been involved with many Indian cricketers, administrators etc , I know some of the sordid things that happen and what all these players do. But tell me even if you knew what I do now, why would you get involved, were you not saying that you would simply walk away
But tell me even if you knew what I do now, why would you get involved, were you not saying that you would simply walk away
I never said I would get involved in any meaningful way, I was posing the question to you. I would pick up some other pastime if and when I get bored of following Indian cricket, for whatever reasons.
Guest HariSampath
It has been proved and reported they were dropped, That loss didn;t hurt the series. India had won the 2 matches in the series already. They had already qualified for the finals. They let WI win the match. Now WI had to win the last match against NZ and they did so. Finals was won by India. If the ENTIRE team had been dropped, India couldn't have won the final match. I am glad the selectors and BCCI are not so trigger happy.
If it was proved why did Prabhakar play for another 2 years and Mongia for another 5 ? Do you think this is OK for what these 2 players.... and anyway what is your take on why they did that ? AND "letting WI win the game" is OK with you ?? geeesh... thats why I saw some fans are fools
If it was proved why did Prabhakar play for another 2 years and Mongia for another 5 ? Do you think this is OK for what these 2 players.... and anyway what is your take on why they did that ? AND "letting WI win the game" is OK with you ?? geeesh... thats why I saw some fans are fools
Hmmm....Can you enlighten us on what happened to Shane Warne and Mark Waugh after fixing allegations?
Guest HariSampath
From 100% effort to Match fixing....Now where will it all end. One thing's for sure' date=' the Indian media needn't worry too much as they have a wonderful market for their sleazy news items.[/quote'] Oh, thats what I call "true believer syndrome".. match fixing and subtly playing less than 100% are things which are done together and as I said how can u ever prove it. Because of obvious reasons, nobody can afford to play out 5 maiden overs in a T2o finals needing 20 to win... games are always "thrown" subtly..... and if I say that it is sleaze ?? wake up and smell the coffee :D
Guest HariSampath
Hmmm....Can you enlighten us on what happened to Shane Warne and Mark Waugh after fixing allegations?
They were offerd money by Indian bookies to throw games. They got away scot free because if they had been subjected to further enquiry, many big Indian names would have rolled. These two claimed bookies offerd them money for "pitch information" and the matter was hushed up, by the boards of all countries.... when everyone who is in the take is affected, who will blow the whistle,
They were offerd money by Indian bookies to throw games. They got away scot free because if they had been subjected to further enquiry' date=' many big Indian names would have rolled. These two claimed bookies offerd them money for "pitch information" and the matter was hushed up, by the boards of all countries.... when everyone who is in the take is affected, who will blow the whistle,[/quote'] So, you've same animosity against the Austalian team too! In short, entire cricket is fixed and tainted?
They were offerd money by Indian bookies to throw games. They got away scot free because if they had been subjected to further enquiry' date=' many big Indian names would have rolled. These two claimed bookies offerd them money for "pitch information" and the matter was hushed up, by the boards of all countries.... when everyone who is in the take is affected, who will blow the whistle,[/quote'] This is news to me. So, ACB or CA can't hush up the affair on its own? It had to BCCI here too.
Guest HariSampath
So, you've same animosity against the Austalian team too! In short, entire cricket is fixed and tainted?
I hate any cricket player of any country who accepts money to throw a game even if it a rare occurence and no matter who is involved
I hate any cricket player of any country who accepts money to throw a game even if it a rare occurence and no matter who is involved
When Prabhakar and Mongia threw the match away, you generalized and said that entire Indian team is tainted. Going by the same logic, entire Australian team is tained (as Warne & co were involved) Going by the same logic, entire cricket is tainted!! (as India and Australia were involved)
Guest HariSampath
This is news to me. So' date=' ACB or CA can't hush up the affair on its own? It had to BCCI here too.[/quote'] Like I said, its a nexus. If CA were to do a full fledged investigation, it obviously involves people from India, admins, players, BCCI, tv rights agents, corporate sponsors etc.... none of whom want this to come out fully. CA cannot and will not be able to sustain charges against its players, and so the 2 rogues got away scot free. But those 2 rogues and that was only a drop in the ocean, remember hansi Cronje etc.... nothing was pursued to its end.... too much money, too many vested interests , and too big a financial market and cricket Industry. a great portion of match fixing is India centric. In fact even the ICC committe on corruption had disclosed during this wc2007 that more than Rs 1,200 crores are involved in match betting by illegal syndicates per ODI
Guest HariSampath
When Prabhakar and Mongia threw the match away, you generalized and said that entire Indian team is tainted. Going by the same logic, entire Australian team is tained (as Warne & co were involved) Going by the same logic, entire cricket is tainted!! (as India and Australia were involved)
But the Ausies never threw any game, they were only approached. Thats the diff. Whereas, Indian teams have thrown several games over the years