Why India cant win if they lose early wickets

putrevus

This has been state of indian cricket since ages, when they lose early wickets they panic and dont even show up for fight.They lack that heart and fearless attitude which is most important for the team.You can have all the talent (i doubt they have that too) in world but if you are timid like these indians nothing can be done. in this series aussies lost early wickets , they were lost two wickets for 8 runs in second odi, what they do they score 308. they lost two early wickets in first odi still managed to get over 300.the reason they dont panic.They fight till last ball. That fighting spirit is lacking in indian players , they lost couple of wickets early today, they just panicked and rash shots and folded their tents didnt even bat for 50 overs.when the tailenders put up better fight than their counter parts that says it all. Indians are speaking too much in media and giving reasons for Aussie to whip their butts , that Idiot murali karthick was quoted they had plan for hayden and symonds , I dont know if Team india think speaking out in media and calling out names is aggression. Ricky pointing was right in saying "I don't mean talking aggressively or showing aggressive body language. That's exactly the opposite of what aggressive or positive cricket is all about. A few of the Indians have reacted very much with aggressive body language and trying to force themselves upon us, and I think the way some of them are playing their cricket that they have also misinterpreted what aggressive cricket means. "I suppose if some of the players don't understand it, a lot of people watching the game in the stands or at home don't understand it either. It's not jumping up and down, sledging, giving people send-offs and that sort of stuff. When the Australian team talks about playing aggressively, we are committing ourselves to playing hard: there's nothing given and there's nothing asked to be given." This is something team India can learn from Aussies, they won one match and they were all over the place.Making matters worse that idiot Vengsarkar was calling out players in the media which is totally uncalled for , he was the one who backed out from youth movement and calling all the veterans back into team for world cup .

Good post, Putrevus. This is a theme that we have touched on this forum many-a-time. Fearlessness, bottle, composure, call it what you will, it's quite clear that our batsmen lack it. If the last pair can put on nearly 50 runs, surely the batsmen should have done better? Let me turn this around and ask this of you....do you think this fearful attitude is typical of our batsmen? Our bowlers seem to be doing quite well, pulling out matches in crunch situations by picking up vital wickets. In fact, it is fair to say that our recent Test results have been largely down to the bowlers. While the batsmen have waned, the bowlers have waxed. The last Test hundred, the only one on our English tour, came from a bowler, if you remember. If there was such a thing as batting fortitude, it's been lost in translation somewhere to our top and middle order.

Bowlers must bowl well to win a test match, but it was the batsmen who put up the runs on the board even in the last series. A 100 from AK doesn't mean the batsmen batted badly, it's surprising to hear you say that assuming you watched the series. As far as ODIs are concerned, the responsibility lies with the batsmen and they've failed so far.

Ever the contrarian, Anakin? Compare our batting stats to the English batsmen if you can be assed (provided you haven't laughed it off), and let me know who won the series for us- bowlers or batsmen?
How's that a contradiction? Bowlers must take 20 wkts to win a test match, so it's obvious bowlers have to perform in a series win. Your point would be valid if batsmen sucked in every innings but the bowlers did miracles to win those matches, which didn't happen. Not scoring 100s doesn't mean they sucked btw.
Good post, Putrevus. This is a theme that we have touched on this forum many-a-time. Fearlessness, bottle, composure, call it what you will, it's quite clear that our batsmen lack it. If the last pair can put on nearly 50 runs, surely the batsmen should have done better? Let me turn this around and ask this of you....do you think this fearful attitude is typical of our batsmen? Our bowlers seem to be doing quite well, pulling out matches in crunch situations by picking up vital wickets. In fact, it is fair to say that our recent Test results have been largely down to the bowlers. While the batsmen have waned, the bowlers have waxed. The last Test hundred, the only one on our English tour, came from a bowler, if you remember. If there was such a thing as batting fortitude, it's been lost in translation somewhere to our top and middle order.
On batsmen , I seriously think we need viru , he is one batsman who refuses to bog down, I think he should be recalled , let youngsters perfom first before we replace the legends. Our fast bowlers have been doing ok job in tests mind you we faced a very inferior english team who had their butts kicked my aussies , still they need good job in south africa too test matches wise fast bowling options are ok.But in odis fast bowlers need to attack more which they have lacked all thru this season. This contan shuffling of rp and sreesanth hasnt helped much , they both need to play and Zaheer needs to given some time off, he looks worn out that zip we saw in tests matches in england , is not there. Irfan pathan cant be a long term option he llack of pace is almost comically , Spinners who are played in the team need to be told their main job is taking wickets not containing , Bhajji seriously has problems , he has forgotten to take wickets.Let him prove he take wickets in domestic cricket before he is recalled ,