Indian Team for Pak ODIs

head coach

My Indian one-day team from now onwards would be Sachin Yousuf Pathan/Ganguly Rohit Sharma Sehwag Yuvraj Singh Uthappa Dhoni Irfan Zaheer Bhajji/Karthik RP Singh Except Sachin , no one in that team is over 30 , which is great.We bat till no.8 , have three seamers , 2 spinners , 2 part-timers, attacking opening combo , decent middle order and power hitting lower middle order -- All key ingredients of a successful one-day team.

My Indian one-day team from now onwards would be Sachin Yousuf Pathan/Ganguly Rohit Sharma Sehwag Yuvraj Singh Uthappa Dhoni Irfan Zaheer Bhajji/Karthik RP Singh Except Sachin , no one in that team is over 30 , which is great.We bat till no.8 , have three seamers , 2 spinners , 2 part-timers, attacking opening combo , decent middle order and power hitting lower middle order -- All key ingredients of a successful one-day team.
All 3 left arm pacers, and Karthik (left arm spinner)... hmm...

Personally, I think none of Tendulkar, Dravid, or Ganguly should play the series. Throw the youngsters into high pressure encounters against a struggling Pakistan team and let's see what they are made of. These guys are not going to carry Indian cricket on their shoulders for ever. Also, preserve Zaheer for the test matches.

holy, even though you wrote it sarcastically there is some substance:-) Tendulkar dislikes playing in middle order and crumbles under pressure whereas Kaif has won India more matches than Tendulkar when playing as a middle order player. Count position from 4th to 6th not opener. (Because Kaif is not an opener):finger:
There are 2 main reasons why your argument is complete crap 1ST REASON - Here are the comparative averages of Kaif and Tendulkar batting in the middle order in matches won. >> 4th - Tendulkar - 46.20 Kaif - 46.14 >> 5th - Tendulkar - 36.63 Kaif - 37.11 >> 6th - Tendulkar - 62.00 Kaif - 22.12 2ND REASON - You said drop Tendulkar for Kaif because Kaif has performed better in the middle order. Then you said Kaif is not an opener. Well, Sachin is. So you are saying we should drop Tendulkar, who is an opener, for Kaif, who is not an opener. When we drop an opener, we need to replace him with an opener. This is pretty obvious.
If you read my post carefully, you'll notice that i never said Kaif as a better player than Tendulkar. problem solved?
Before encouraging others to read your post, I suggest you read your own one first because you have contradicted yourself. By the way, I am 100% for bringing in Kaif into the Indian team, just not at the expense of our best batsman (and best opener) at the moment in Sachin Tendulkar.