Choker from the start?

In one of them, he took 5/32, a match winning performance by any standards.In two more of them he was the second highest scorer from India.
Ummm the last time I checked second-highest score is NEVER the match-winning performance. If you want to argue that SRT played some sort of role I can still buy that but to quote a 36 and 38 as match winning smacks of cricket illiteracy.
Even if we were to take out the bowling match (which I find wierd because if Yuvraj had taken a five for against Australia, you would not have hesitated to count him as a match winner for that match), we are left with 3 matches in 18 years. Yeah, the future is so bright!!! We'll be regularly challenging Australia after ridding ourselves of Mr. Geriatric!!
For starters I wouldnt bring in Yuvraj's bowling, take it for whatever is worth. As for the future and all that, do you realize that even when we had Sachin in full flow we did not really win a lot. As it is we have won a grand total of 16 games in 18 or so years, pathetic by most account. So if we won 5(or 4 if you keep the bowling) thats not too bad a ratio really. I say that since Sachin pretty much played non-stop and he was part of most game we played in last 20 years.
MVPs are supposed to rise to occasions and deliver near single handed wins when the support cast fails, like Tendulkar and Ganguly did for one decade.
And so has Yuvraj. Have you bothered to check his numbers in innings won and all that jazz?? You are limiting yourself to CT and WC. In CT he averages most by bat so not sure what your issue is. In WC he is one of the few good performer that we have. In essence though I would say you have a point in that the Youngsters have not exactly seized their chances(like Aussies do), just as I argue that seniors have not exactly led from the front like Aussies(Hayden, Gilly, Ponting) do either. So we are basically getting a double whammy here. xxx
Yes it did . It put doubts in my mind about the age and intellect of certain posters here as confirmed by your peurile and inane statements in many other threads.
Good to see that my thoughts carry so much weight!
and FYI ... I crunch stats because I love it and would like to share them in a pleasant manner with "mature" people ... without being interrupted by teens on dope.
Good to see you did quoting outside mature :hysterical::hysterical: even you dont buy your own definitions lol
I also do the stats because it adds a rich feature (as per popular opinion) to our website which no one has. I dont gain anything by proving anyone right or wrong using the stats. If you dont like them thats your prerogative. Dont make condescending remarks.
Why dont you actually prove this ace? Feel free to dig up your stats based thread/artcile whatever and show me what you mean here. I dont like stats and so I normally dont even bother reading most of stats based articles. But yes I would be interested if you showed me where I spammed your articles..Care to show me?
How would you feel if I were to spam on the threads were you wrote articles with equally peurile statements ?
Go ahead, have I ever stopped you? It is freaking crazy really. You are the one having issues, you are the one complaining and you are the one who wants me to tell you how would I feel!
Didnt I quote your comments to which I replied ? heres the post ( # 88) from you to which I responded with those stats ...
In which case I think I have answered you quite clearly. Comparing a season with 7 or so is pure BS. xxx
Ummm the last time I checked second-highest score is NEVER the match-winning performance. If you want to argue that SRT played some sort of role I can still buy that but to quote a 36 and 38 as match winning smacks of cricket illiteracy.
Where did I say they were match winning performances? Have you completely lost it? Aren't we talking about India beating Australia without a significant performance from Tendulkar? Why are you shifting goal posts to match winning now?
So if we won 5(or 4 if you keep the bowling) thats not too bad a ratio really. I say that since Sachin pretty much played non-stop and he was part of most game we played in last 20 years.
India won 2 games without a significant contribution from Tendulkar in 18 years!!!! And it still does not hit you!!!!
And so has Yuvraj. Have you bothered to check his numbers in innings won and all that jazz?? You are limiting yourself to CT and WC. In CT he averages most by bat so not sure what your issue is. In WC he is one of the few good performer that we have.
No win against Australia during his time as MVP, no win in CT or WC riding on his contribution as MVP.
I was only extrapolating your logic. And mind you I gave you only past 4 Test series, I can easily go further with more embarssing numbers. Now coming to your "showing the door suddenly" that is BS. The man has flopped in 6 test series now, how many more chances does he need? And your assertion about Sehwag/Ganguly is another BS. The two never got 6 series as SRT does. So yes SRT should be dropped from Test squad. Can you agree on this without qualifying it? xxxx
Sorry i was away for a while from the computer... but when i came back i couldn't stop laughing at the highlighted statement....:hysterical::hysterical: Ganguly's average dropped from near 50 to 40. Sehwags dropped 56 to slightly over 50. Tendu's average has dropped a mere 2. from 57.xx to 55.xx. I am willing to give him benefit of doubt. As per ODI, your other statements are also laughable. "Yes he is a passenger in an ODI"...
Did I say you spammed my articles ?
You said - How would you feel if I were to spam on the threads were you wrote articles with equally peurile statements - your words. Which is what completely surprised me. It obviously means you beleive I am spamming your threads with statements, specifically your articles. Something that I have never done really(to the best of my knowledge).
Errr NO .. but something else stops me ... but trust me you wont understand a thing about it ...
Hahaha..Why dont you take that false modesty and do exactly what needs to be done. Listen, either you dont complain or if you do then come out loud and clear. Better to be straight than confused eh?
YOU Bought up Sachins 7 yrs record . I wish I could make it any more clear.
Not going anywhere, dropping it now. xxx
Where did I say they were match winning performances? Have you completely lost it? Aren't we talking about India beating Australia without a significant performance from Tendulkar? Why are you shifting goal posts to match winning now? India won 2 games without a significant contribution from Tendulkar in 18 years!!!! And it still does not hit you!!!!
Have adressed it before, nothing new to add to what has been said already.
No win against Australia during his time as MVP, no win in CT or WC riding on his contribution as MVP.
I am willing to give him time and invest in future rather than holding onto past memories. Wait and watch. For now I know the chap has made us all celebrate as World Champions woohoo! xx

Ok.. i can understand if the guy is out of form and people are calling for his head. But over the past few series he has been the top scorer (or atleast one of the top scorers) and still people are calling for his head. Just because Indian team fails as a collective unit, Tendulkar has to bear the brunt? I don't understand this logic. Ok Agreed, he has not performed all that well in the test arena in past few years as we would have liked (or rather he himself would have liked) but his replacements (during his injury period - the young brigade) also did not "set the world on fire"... so why this tirade against him. I am reminded of the famous line from 1st Spiderman movie. People like to create Heros... but they like even more to see a Hero fail...

What else do you want to know ? have I left out anything to your imagination ?
I dont need to imagine your BS. Since YOU are the person having problems in life you better spell it out or dont bother wasting my time next time onwards. Clear?
first of all those are not my articles they belong to the writers ... and I merely help them out. secondly dont try and act all innocent. Whenever I present stats the only thing you and the other usual suspects do is to crawl up my backside with childish comments ... and look for a slanging match. Its getting boring now. Get the message ?
The message here is loud and clear. You seriously have issues in life. Within this thread I have had discussions with many posters but as always it is YOU who makes this his own personal agenda. What is interesting is that you seem to have this with pretty much everyone - KR, Bongo, Hari...see the LCD in all of this? It is YOU. Now again, where did I step into your stats articles. And if not why did you make that stupid comment?? xxxx
I am reminded of the famous line from 1st Spiderman movie. People like to create Heros... but they like even more to see a Hero fail...
lol...Tendulkar has not been created a hero in 2007. He was created so in 92 or thereabouts and his expiry date was somewhere around 2004 or so. You are trying to sound as if he was propped yesterday and people are baying for his blood today.
Ok Agreed, he has not performed all that well in the test arena in past few years as we would have liked (or rather he himself would have liked) but his replacements (during his injury period - the young brigade) also did not "set the world on fire"... so why this tirade against him.
Tirade? 2004/05 against Australia 9th in batting average 2004/05 against SA 6th in batting average 2004/05 against Pakistan 4th in batting average 2005/06 against SL 5th in batting average 2005/06 against Pakistan 10th in batting average 2006 England SRT 9th in batting averages 2006/07 SA SRT 4th in batting average 2007 England SRT 6th in batting average Thats a good solid 8 series where he has not been at his best. You can pick an odd series here and there but would still agree that had it been for anyone else than SRT he would have been dropped longgg back. xxx

do u also consider that the man has been in and out of the team due to injury. So your logic is that he should just get into the team and be the top performer.

2004/05 against Australia 9th in batting average 2004/05 against SA 6th in batting average 2004/05 against Pakistan 4th in batting average 2005/06 against SL 5th in batting average 2005/06 against Pakistan 10th in batting average
played these series when he was in and out due to injury ...do u really think that is a fair assessment...

Couldn't read all the posts mostly because they are quite funny, thanks Lurker :two_thumbs_up: BTW, more ammunition for your calculator and imagination. I say SRT's saved more runs than UV in fielding with his excellent outfielding even now. In addition he's dropped far fewer catches than UV during almost double career span. But feel free to crunch up some numbers with your imagination. Will be same as reading your other posts too.

In conclusion, Yuvi has played just 1 knock of note against decent opposition in WC matches thus far. If you are unable to see that and if you think Yuvi played a hand in getting us to the world cup final in 2003, it is you who is the blind worshipper. :hysterical:
Dude, if you think the knock in super sixes against kenya was not important, why did your god depart so early and india were in a tricky position at 24/3 or something? and India had to win that game for any hopes to reach wc semifinal and oh god didnt score against kenya in semifinal either..ohbut its only kenya right...they reached semis in wc for ur info.