How is acting like a monkey racist ?

sachin_fan

Though' date=' I haven't seen Rush Hour but I understand the situation you are presenting and is pretty analogous to the whole Symonds thing. While deprolable, it's not clear to me if it's racist. It's a bunch of people saying, "See we did something harmless from our side and this guy raised a huge hue and cry about it without trying to understand why we did it, we'll pi$$ him off more by doing it more". Reactionary, stupid, and offensive, sure. Not sure about racist. Racism is a much stronger sentiment than this, IMO.[/quote'] I agree with that... But I think that we will probably see repercussions of this stupid, offensive act when we reach Australia.

Though' date=' I haven't seen Rush Hour but I understand the situation you are presenting and is pretty analogous to the whole Symonds thing. While deprolable, it's not clear to me if it's racist. It's a bunch of people saying, "[b']See we did something harmless from our side and this guy raised a huge hue and cry about it without trying to understand why we did it, we'll pi$$ him off more by doing it more". Reactionary, stupid, and offensive, sure. Not sure about racist. Racism is a much stronger sentiment than this, IMO.
Yes- i'll buy that. So i guess we agree there now. Still think the people doing it should be taught a lesson.