Delhi Govt plans 90% reservation in DU for Delhi students

Sachin=GOD

Which is what AAP is doing, IF you followed up the news.

"I never said Dilliwalas. People used it politically. My concern is how to provide higher education to those students studying in Class XII in Delhi schools. Who are Dilliwalas after all? People from all over the country have come to Delhi and are educating their children here. There are 1.75 lakh students annually who look for opportunities of higher education in the city for whom I don't have a solution as of now," Sisodia said. "Delhi government spends is spending almost Rs 113 crore per year on these 12 colleges. Why is the government spending this amount on higher education if those graduating from Delhi schools are not getting the benefit? Let the central university run on its own. The spirit of establishing these colleges was to let students from Delhi get an opportunity for higher education in the city. Should we stop funding and start other colleges? My point is: Where can we accommodate students graduating out of Delhi schools?" the minister added.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/delhi/Unfair-to-taxpayers-if-kids-cant-study-in-DU-Manish-Sisodia/articleshow/28653479.cms

Btw, here is BJP's comment on the matter of 90% reservation.

Having raised the demand for bringing in reservation for students of Delhi in DU colleges a few months ago, the Delhi BJP was quick to claim credit for the move. "We have been raising this demand for several years and the pressure mounted by us has compelled the Delhi government to initiate the move," Delhi BJP chief Vijay Goel said.

If they do this ...DU should rightly lose the central university status. It can be satisfied being a regional university.
From wikipedia
The university has 65 colleges that have liberal courses in humanities, social sciences and science courses. Twenty five of these colleges are affiliated with the South Campus while the others are to the North Campus. These colleges except two, Lady Irwin College and Institute of Home Economics, are undergraduate colleges. The number of colleges under the university goes up to 77, if the colleges that run professional courses are included. Though the colleges are all constituent to the University of Delhi, depending on the funding and the management the colleges can be classified into three types: university-maintained colleges, trust colleges and Delhi government colleges. Of the Delhi government colleges 12 are 100% funded by the government of the NCT of Delhi and were founded in the late 1980s or early 1990s
we are talking about 12 colleges only.