India tour of New Zealand 2014

fineleg

India tour of New Zealand 2014  

1. 1.

• Yes. Dhoni had enough to him. Time to DUMP now.
    • No Way.

Cricket is more popular in Bangladesh than it is in NZ, so it contradict's your first statement. Of course popularity is a factor, if no one is interested it's going to limit the size of your talent pool.
How it contradicts my statement that rankings are not based on popularity but performances. If popularity alone was enough bangladesh would be top of ranking same with india who were a poor test side for so many years.
AFTER SHANE BOND HAVENT SEEN ANY DECENT BOWLER IN NZ, I was surprised to see their bowlers bowling at 127 to 133 k the entire group, always remember that NZ had decent bowlers, Bond, Doull and others, but now they have a m/f attack and only will work against weak teams in their limited conditions. I don't think right now they have any decent bowlers with pace, SHAMI, Aaron, UMESH ARE NOT JUST FAST BUT HAVE SKILLS TO SEAM AND SWING, clearly the fast bowling angle is a perceived weakness if selectors do their job and since the injured bowlers are up n running we have options, Umesh , Aaron can bowl high 140's and Shami 140 and up, its purely strategy as India will tour NZ, AUS, ENG this year and should send right signals, as the batting is fantastic at home and away.
+1

Dhawan & Vijay should continue for now,Dhawan is looking comfortable but playing rash shots after getting in,he can fix this.I don't want Gambhir back rather try new guys like Jiwanjit,KL Rahul & Mukund.Should send them to the A tours & we can select the best among them for the back up opener spot.

How it contradicts my statement that rankings are not based on popularity but performances. If popularity alone was enough bangladesh would be top of ranking same with india who were a poor test side for so many years.
Cases are different for different countries, while Bangladesh may have the popularity they don't have the money to really attract the bigger teams. Without much quality cricket the chances of improvement are slim. Do you see countries like NZ, WI or USA topping the cricket rankings in future?
ranking is not measured by popularity but performances and nz have struggled even in bangladesh.
Popularity plays a part and the Bangladesh example you gave shows it, yet you said popularity doesn't play a part and mentioned how NZ struggled against Bangladesh (a country where cricket is popular).
Aaron has played a test.
And he still can't get past Ishant?.. :giggle: With a FC of average 33, I hope you guys do play him. Yadev is another I'd love to see, the most over rated bowler to come out of the SC since Ishant. The way some Indian fan's go on about Yadev and Aaron you'd think it was the second coming of Marshall and Holding. I hope for your sake you keep hush on Shami.
And he still can't get past Ishant?.. :giggle: With a FC of average 33 I hope you guys do play him, Yadev is another I'd love to see.
Aaron was out for a season & half with an injury.After he came back he has taken 18 wickets at an avg of 20.3 on Indian tracks.I really hope he plays against your batsmen :giggle: ........He was young & raw when he first came in,so had a poor avg of 42 in FC but that avg is coming down with every match.Watch out for him,you better do.
Aaron was out for a season & half with an injury.After he came back he has taken 18 wickets at an avg of 20.3 on Indian tracks.I really hope he plays against your batsmen :giggle: ........He was young & raw when he first came in,so had a poor avg of 42 in FC but that avg is coming down with every match.Watch out for him,you better do.
I hope so too, probably another gun barrel straight type bowler who we could score some runs off.
I hope so too' date='[b'] probably another gun barrel straight type bowler who we could score some runs off.
Wrong assumptions make u look like a fool,u should at least wait for the outcome before u judge him.He's not a swing bowler,he's a seam bowler.Leg cutter is his stock delivery,can also bring it back.He's a brilliant one with the old ball.He's as quick as Umesh with a control like Shami.Based on potential he's our best young fast bowler,I rate him over BK,Umesh & as good as Shami.
Wrong assumptions make u look like a fool,u should at least wait for the outcome before u judge him.He's not a swing bowler,he's a seam bowler.Leg cutter is his stock delivery,can also bring it back.He's a brilliant one with the old ball.He's as quick as Umesh with a control like Shami.Based on potential he's our best young fast bowler,I rate him over BK,Umesh & as good as Shami.
Sorry, but if he can't get past bowlers like Ishant and Yadev he has no chance. And once he fails you'll go to bowler y and say he's better than him and what not, hype him to moon only for him to fail and for you to begin bagging him and the selectors for picking him and not z, which will cause the stocks of Z to rise and the premature legend to begin. Repeat process again and again till you finally find a decent bowler and he becomes your 'world class' bowler after 1 or 2 games.
Umesh an easy picking?wow man u r an optimistic fellow.An out & out fast bowler around 145ks who can touch 150 with a genuine out swing suddenly becomes an easy picking :haha::haha::cantstop:
This is 2013, pace is nothing without a control and aggression. Two strings Yadev doesn't have.
Sorry' date=' but if he can't get past bowlers like Ishant and Yadev he has no chance.[/quote'] He was out not becoz he was out of form but he was injured.Came back from a long injury lay-off & a better bowler.Bowlers like Ishant can perform against Kiwis :giggle: & Umesh is a strike bowler,still erratic but can be unplayable when he gets it right.Even in his bad days he's capable of bowling a jaffer so can pick up wickets from nowhere.U guys don't have a genuine fast bowler barring Milne & u r underestimating one of the fastest bowler in world cricket right now. :hysterical:

What's the Indian obsession with pace?.. Milne is quicker than Yadev, Southee and Boult but we'd never consider picking him over those 2. Heck, if Milne was Indian he'd probably have 50 Test's cap and would be considered the best and fastest bowler ever.