Can we please drop Sreesanth for the Pak ODI series?

fineleg

The ONLY today who would probably feel that he did NOTHING to contribute to India's victory is Sreesanth. His economy rate is unbelievably pathetic for a front-line seamer. Even Agarkar would do a better job than him. Save his aggression for tests please.

The ONLY today who would probably feel that he did NOTHING to contribute to India's victory is Sreesanth. His economy rate is unbelievably pathetic for a front-line seamer. Even Agarkar would do a better job than him. Save his aggression for tests please.
eggy for sree in odi's anyday :D
Frankly, I'd prefer someone better than both Aggy and SS :D But, got to admit Sreesanth in odis can make Aggy look better!

This stat is for the yr 07 Player Mat Overs Mdns Runs Wkts BBI Ave Econ SR 4 5 Z Khan (Asia/India) 29_247.0_20_1211_35_5/42_34.60_4.90_42.3_0_1 RP Singh (India) 14_111.3_8_572_18_3/55_31.77_5.13_37.1_0_0 S Sreesanth (India) 11_92.0_3575_18_3/50_31.94_6.25_30.6_0_0 AB Agarkar (India) 17_154.0_12802_25_4/60_32.08_5.20_36.9_1_0 What r u guys talkin abt? Sree has almost the same average (in 07) as the other bowlers if not better !!! really? is he an outright test bowler?? i think thats a load of bull-crap!! IMO thats a completely wrong assesment !!! y do u want 2 ostracize him frm odis??...i accept that his attitude is moronic, but he has 2 b given a rap on the knuckles by dhoni or whoever and has 2 b kept on a leash. But plz, he is an outstanding talent and a prospective complete-odi-and-test-bowler...(on a side note i think he has the best action that any indian bowler has had..thats entirely my opinion and does not hold ne water for the discussion at hand) if i m not wrong i think he had the best ave/ highest wkts in the just recently concluded ind-aus series...!!?

Somebody ' date='who has not played cricket has started this stupid thread just to show off.[/quote'] Hain ? look who is saying that. Mr.Chelvan actually once said that Dravid should have bowled instead of Yuvraj in that " Mascarenhas massacre" over , because Dravid was selected in 1996 over Kambli for his bowling. So much for cricketing intelligence ! :haha:

but he is as effective as rp singh/agarkar!! i kno he leaks runs...but my guess is that he is as effective...!! played less matches than rp singh/others..took as many wickets..with better strike than ne other indian pacer!! ok..mayb he is not a death bowler but never the less an effective bowler!!!!

I agree that sree has been leaking runs in ODI's. But he should not be dropped for the Pak series. He is too valuable to our team just to be dropped and made to play Ranji Trophy. We need to give him time, and he is someone who WILL put in the hard work. I would definately keep him in the squad. For those who say he is a non-performer in ODI's, did u notice that he was our highest wicket taker in the series, even though he played only 4 out of the 7 games? I would rather have someone who is as motivated as him, runs in hard every ball, no matter how many runs he's gone for, as compared to munaf, who's shoulders and spirit drop the moment things arent going as he dreamed. Sree is too valuable to us to let him fritter away. He should be a permanent member of the squad, maybe not of the team. He should be given a game every few outings, to see how he's going. Characters like him are a must for our squad. We need the must win spirit that he brings.

http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/records/averages/batting_bowling.html?id=3250;team=6;type=series check the link above....he has the best average, super SR and the most wickets and a ditto rpo as rp singh...but i hear no one complaining abt rps!? come on yoda...lets cut him some slack... but yes..he has 2 be straightened..he is a great talent!! i m tired of seeing our indian pacers drift in2 mediocrity as they age...!!!!! btw wats up wid balaji....he does not even feature in TN cricket??
http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/records/averages/batting_bowling.html?id=3250;team=6;type=series check the link above....he has the best average, super SR and the most wickets and a ditto rpo as rp singh...but i hear no one complaining abt rps!? come on yoda...lets cut him some slack... but yes..he has 2 be straightened..he is a great talent!! i m tired of seeing our indian pacers drift in2 mediocrity as they age...!!!!! btw wats up wid balaji....he does not even feature in TN cricket??
6.5 RPO is too much. cutting slack can be for 5+. the guy needs to figure out on his own or be taught how to leak less runs.
Wouldnt you drop RP first? Higher rpo, much worse SR, and much worse Ave? Why are we getting on picking on sree?
Sree has been leaky for a while. RPS has gotten worse of late. Career comparison:
[FONT=MONOSPACE,COURIER NEW,COURIER]6 ball overs)       Mat    O       R   W   BB1    BB2     Ave  Econ    SR 4w 5w

overall               33  270.3  1572  47  6/55   4/58   33.44  5.81  34.5  1  1
                     [COLOR=#ff0000] 34  254.3  1306  42  4/35   4/40   31.09  5.13  36.3  2  0[/COLOR][/FONT]

Sree has been leaky for a while. RPS has gotten worse of late. Career comparison:
[FONT=MONOSPACE,COURIER NEW,COURIER]6 ball overs)       Mat    O       R   W   BB1    BB2     Ave  Econ    SR 4w 5w

overall               33  270.3  1572  47  6/55   4/58   33.44  5.81  34.5  1  1
                     [COLOR=#ff0000] 34  254.3  1306  42  4/35   4/40   31.09  5.13  36.3  2  0[/COLOR][/FONT]

Agreed. But look at it this way. We already have 2 left arm seamers, in zaheer and pathan. I would rather have a right arm seamer in the team, if I had to choose between these 2 for the third seamer. Also, Sree reached 149 Kmph in the series, in hot conditions. Sree also has more variety (2 slower balls, etc) Ideally, I would shuffle between RP and Sree, but there is no way I would drop Sree.