It's only a matter of time.....

before the Aussies start whipping other teams into submission in T20s as well. Trust me on this one and enjoy the moments while they last.:two_thumbs_up:
I disagree. I dont think any team can consistently keep winning in the T20 format for a long time, as the difference in skill levels matter too little to guranatee any domination. Talkin of the Aussies, i think their era of domination in ODIs will be over, the day Gilly & Haydos retire (which may be an year away from now). These guys lay such a solid foundation for the Aussie middle order so consistently that 300 has become the par score for them, every time they go out to bat. I'd like to see how the Aussie middle order reacts when they are reduced to 60/3 in 15 overs as opposed to being 100/1. Filling Haydos & Gilly's boots is not gonna be easy. They already tried it with Katich & failed miserably. They may still produce good replacements, but wont be the dominant force they are today without the two old giants.
I'd like to see how the Aussie middle order reacts when they are reduced to 60/3 in 15 overs as opposed to being 100/1.
They've been like that in 2-3 matches in the last series and stills scored 300+. These guys are menacing in ODIs. The OP was half in jest, no matter how much they improve T20 as a format will always give chances to the underdogs.
They've been like that in 2-3 matches in the last series and stills scored 300+. These guys are menacing in ODIs.
Our canon fodder attack couldnt sustain the pressure in the middle overs. More disciplined bowling & fielding units would make them pay. Imagine in a big game, Aussies put under pressure early in the innings, that'll really open up opportunities for lesser teams to beat them.

No way, Australia's era of domination will not end for at least another 10-15 years. They have an excellent system that consistently produces top players, and unlike India, they dont just give the current "flavour of the month" a Test and ODI jersey and "groom" them. They actually make them toil away at domestic cricket to the point that they so desparately want that Test and ODI cap that they produce an unbelievably consistent streak. Their run in Tests wont be over because I dont believe the Indians will be able to handle Shaun Tait's sheer pace

australia stiill have good players who did not feature in this series notably one michael hussey...a cursory look at his record is enough confirmation of his prowess not to forget the likes of upcoming bowler shaun tait and the perenially unfit all rounder shane watson...one thingh they do look in the test dept is a quality spin bowler to fill the boots of shane warne..i personally dont think mcgill will pose many prblms but by the time he comes into bowl he might be into the indian tail..!!!!!

No way' date=' Australia's era of domination will not end for at least another 10-15 years. They have an excellent system that consistently produces top players, and unlike India, they dont just give the current "flavour of the month" a Test and ODI jersey and "groom" them. They actually make them toil away at domestic cricket to the point that they so desparately want that Test and ODI cap that they produce an unbelievably consistent streak. Their run in Tests wont be over because I dont believe the Indians will be able to handle Shaun Tait's sheer pace[/quote'] They will still be very competitive, no doubt, as they have plenty of match winners. But the day Gilly & Hayden retire, they wont be the ODI power house they are today. They will have to sweat hard to earn big victories, as opposed to just showing up, bullying the opponents & bagging it, as is the case today. In Tests, because of the huge gulf in skill levels and class, between them and the rest, they will still be a dominant force for years to come.

Eventually they'll start picking guys like Cam White, Dominator Thornley, David Hussey, Adam Voges and Phil Jaques for the T20 side - all ridiculously big hitters. If they can get that right, then they'll become a far more formidable outfit in T20s, even if they won't have the near-unbeatable reputation they possess in tests.