Indian-American becomes Governor

Ram

He may be a catholic or he may have a view point that you don't agree with, so what? he made it as the first person from the Indian ethnicity to get to this level in white's dominated party.
That he is the first Indian ethnicity to make it in a white-dominated party is irrelevant to the fact that he is an idiot who mispotrays India and Indian culture all the time while being a white-bootlicker.
Remember his parents migrated from a country where people cry about Sonia Gandhi's nationality when she led her party to power.
Umm.. that alone shows India's far more relaxed attitude towards foreigners compared to most nations. People have a right to cry over Sonia Gandhi's nationality, considering that she ran for the position of the PRIME MINISTER, the most powerful political position in the country. And in such a situation, loyalty to the nation is a big issue. And had this been America or most other nations, Sonia wouldn't even BE in the running, considering that their laws flat out prevent any naturalized citizen to run for the office of Prime Minister/President.

Ok' date=' I agree with this to some extent. But then someone like Sunita Williams being celebrated in Gujarat and then meeting Sonia Gandhi?!? for what?!? Not sure how many Indian kids were inspired by her to become astronauts! And then to gloat over Bobby Jindal's victory is absolutely meaningless if at all the reports about him downplaying his Indian-ness is true. Wouldn't it be weird celebrating something which the celebrity himself isnt proud of?!?[/quote'] I agree that our media and our culture really overplays this sort of achievement. But then again, we are a culture who've accomplished literally ZERO in the last 1000 years and almost all our notions of cultural competence & socio-political dominance is based on ancient history, nothing whatsoever in the recent history column. So most of India is generally a very sensetive attention-hungry culture looking to celebrate just about anything with 'india' in the nametag. And Bobby Jindal doesn't downplay his Indian-ness. Ujwal Dossanj is somoene who downplays his Indian-ness but he is still very popular amongst Indo-Canadians as well as white people here. Ujwal always approaches it as ' I am Indo-Canadian and proud to be from such an illustrious community..but I am Canadian and my loyalties are with Canada'. That is understandable, as he's been ( and still is) in very high level political circles in Canada ( he's already served as BC's primier- that is the equivalent of CM of a state in India/governor of a state in America and right now he is a key cabinet minister in the federal govt.) and it is imperative for him to make it clear where his loyalties lie- to Canada or to India. But Jindal isnt the same- he goes around 'identifying' with Christian-nutcase groups and openly gives speeches about how glad he is/how lucky he is that his people got 'civilized' by the white people and their christian doctrine. I heard him speak years ago in Gulfport, Louisiana ( me and a few friends went on a 15 day road-trip bender all the way from Ontario to New orleans for Mardi gras) and rarely have i felt the urge to get up and strike a person as i did that day. The tosser kept harping on how 'enlightened' white people are, how glad he is that they are 'sharing their enlightenment' with lesser peeps of the world and how he is so bloody proud to be amongst the 'chosen few' of his nation to've accepted the 'true path of the Lord Christ' and wished to do more to spread the 'good values' both at home and abroad. If Indian media wants to celebrate PIOs worldwide, there are many better candidates than a right wing white-bootlicking christian nutcase like Bobby Jindal. Ujwal Dossanj for example has already accomplished far more than Jindal but i wonder how many back in India have heard of Dossanj.

That he is the first Indian ethnicity to make it in a white-dominated party is irrelevant to the fact that he is an idiot who mispotrays India and Indian culture all the time while being a white-bootlicker.
Well, there could be people including Indians who agree to what he says about India and does find it the right way! It is a shame that some of the prejudiced people find it difficult to accept a person of same color elevated to a higher level. This is a clear example of jealousy outlook. Better give it a thought before it affects self esteem.
Umm.. that alone shows India's far more relaxed attitude towards foreigners compared to most nations. People have a right to cry over Sonia Gandhi's nationality, considering that she ran for the position of the PRIME MINISTER, the most powerful political position in the country. And in such a situation, loyalty to the nation is a big issue. And had this been America or most other nations, Sonia wouldn't even BE in the running, considering that their laws flat out prevent any naturalized citizen to run for the office of Prime Minister/President.
Bongo get your facts right before you make bogus statements. When did Sonia Gandhi run for the post of prime ministerp and who defeated her? As far as I know Manmohan Singh is the PM of India. I dont support Sonia Gandhi to become India's PM but as far as I know she never ran for the post and declined when offered by her party.

It is a shame that some of the prejudiced people find it difficult to accept a person of same color elevated to a higher level. This is a clear example of jealousy outlook. Better give it a thought before it affects self esteem.
Stop talking outta your a$$. Did i not mention another 'person of same color elevated to a higher level' named Ujjal Dossanj ? FYI, Dossanj is far more accomplished a PIO than Jindal is. Dossanj has already served as premier of British Columbia, MInister of Health of Canada and a foreign policy watchdog for the liberal party. Simply speaking, he had already done 10x more than Jindal has. It is not about jealousy- it is simply about Jindal being a cretin.
. When did Sonia Gandhi run for the post of prime ministerp and who defeated her? As far as I know Manmohan Singh is the PM of India.
Key words : 'as far as i know'. And as far as you know, you don't know enough. Sonia had to STEP ASIDE for Manmohan Singh due to her issues with nationality- congress NOMINATED HER for the position of the PM but she withdrew her nomination amidst huge criticism. For the election period, it very much WAS 'vote congress, vote sonia!' mantra.

Stop talking outta your a$$. Did i not mention another 'person of same color elevated to a higher level' named Ujjal Dossanj ? FYI, Dossanj is far more accomplished a PIO than Jindal is. It is not about jealousy- it is simply about Jindal being a cretin.
Bongo, I don't have time to deal with this kind of a teen talking prose counterpoint discussion. Read more thoughly before commenting. We're talkig about Republican party and United State of America for God's sake.
Key words : 'as far as i know'. And as far as you know, you don't know enough. Sonia had to STEP ASIDE for Manmohan Singh due to her issues with nationality- congress NOMINATED HER for the position of the PM but she withdrew her nomination amidst huge criticism. For the election period, it very much WAS 'vote congress, vote sonia!' mantra.
Yes it was vote for congress, vote for sonia and who won? Congress or BJP meaning people wanted what? Get some sense man...Yes BJP peed over the thought of Sonia becoming PM and made a huge outcry that led to her declining the post. But if you observe it clearly dont you see her gaining some political mileage out of the whole episode. As I said before I'm not one sided as you are...

Read more thoughly before commenting. We're talkig about Republican party and United State of America for God's sake.
Perhaps you need to read more thoroughly before commenting. Nobody is talking about the republican party or USA. This thread is about Jindal. And you alleged it to be some sort of 'inferiority complex' on my part to criticize a 'high achieving man of same color' when i made it clear that it is not the case.
But if you observe it clearly dont you see her gaining some political mileage out of the whole episode.
Utter nonsense.
As I said before I'm not one sided as you are...
Correction : you THINK that you arnt one-sided. And your thinking is wrong as far as this thread goes. Now, withdraw that comment about 'jealous outlook' as i've proven it categorically to be false.

That he is the first Indian ethnicity to make it in a white-dominated party is irrelevant to the fact that he is an idiot who mispotrays India and Indian culture all the time while being a white-bootlicker. Umm.. that alone shows India's far more relaxed attitude towards foreigners compared to most nations. People have a right to cry over Sonia Gandhi's nationality, considering that she ran for the position of the PRIME MINISTER, the most powerful political position in the country. And in such a situation, loyalty to the nation is a big issue. And had this been America or most other nations, Sonia wouldn't even BE in the running, considering that their laws flat out prevent any naturalized citizen to run for the office of Prime Minister/President.
lets be fair... never has he done that. and to make it to the position of governor, he has his own qualificiations and persistence to thank.

OK, all you Amreekan ICFers(:D), I am curious from Indian Interests POV. Since there's two major political parties that's -- Republicans and Democrats in USA. I just wanted to know --What is the attitude of Democrats towards India and India's geo-political interests, Nuclear-Coperation, US assistance of Pakis with advanced weaponry etc..?? Compared to republicans, how much Democrats support the Evangelical leaning of CIA, it's funding to further assist missionaries and NGOs sympathetic to soul-harvesting and conversion festivals (particularly looking at the rate of conversion in past few years in North-East of India and forest dwelling Indians and insurgency in NE etc.) Who are the influencial decision makers in Democratic party and what are their background etc??..some inputs with respect to Indian interests are welcome.

OK, all you Amreekan ICFers(:D), I am curious from Indian Interests POV. Since there's two major political parties that's -- Republicans and Democrats in USA. I just wanted to know --What is the attitude of Democrats towards India and India's geo-political interests, Nuclear-Coperation, US assistance of Pakis with advanced weaponry etc..?? Compared to republicans, how much Democrats support the Evangelical leaning of CIA, it's funding to further assist missionaries and NGOs sympathetic to soul-harvesting and conversion festivals (particularly looking at the rate of conversion in past few years in North-East of India and forest dwelling Indians and insurgency in NE etc.) Who are the influencial decision makers in Democratic party and what are their background etc??..some inputs with respect to Indian interests are welcome.
Okay, first off, i must say that your impression of America is very very generalized rough picture and you are misinterpreting things. For one, neither the republicans, nor the democrats give a toss about religiosity- it is just a tool for power, thats all. And they exchange their roles in American politics every few decades. Right now, its the republicans who try to play the 'christian card' to gain christian votes from down south USA. 30 yrs ago, it was exactly the opposite, with the democrats playing the 'christian card' and republicans being the 'liberal party'. The entire political mentality of america is cold-war type, where there are two sides, you the public picks one of the two sides and each side finds the 'opposite camp of what the opposition side is strong at' and supports it. For two, every influential 'power-maker' in the democrat or republican party are corporate honchos. Simply put, when it comes to 'big decisions', the corporations run the show in America and corporations deciede which party to back/when to flip sides, etc. Basically, in an Indian context, imagine that most important decisions for Congress, BJP, commies, etc. are actually made by TATAs, Birlas, Ambanis, etc. and you'd get very close to the real picture in America. For three, their perspective with India is 'what do we have to gain/lose' perspective. The only nations that America shows 'special favouritism' towards are UK, Canada, Germany & Australia, predominantly because most of USA is white and most Americans have cultural/familial roots in these four countries. Aside from these countries, USA's dealings are simply on the basis of profit/loss, nothing more.

So lets see what is the issue? He is a disliked man by many of you here just because he is a republican or is it because he is a Christian?
No for he is being congraluated as the first nonwhite to become the governor of LA, while he champions conservative agenda that make Rudi/McCain squirm. What is so great about his skin color being non-white, it is his white brains that is responsible for his win. Why are Indians feeling proud when he denounces his roots? True, this can happen only in America. His has gained the evangelical vote by wearing his faith on his sleeve, while he is only a convert. How can one be so brain-washed ?

He is a disliked man by many of you here just because he is a republican or is it because he is a Christian?
He is disliked by me because : 1. He is a hardcore Christian ( i don't like them) 2. He is a republican 3. he is an American politician 4. He is an open white-bootlicker 5. He denigrates his own ancestral culture. Any one of those 5 reasons are enough for me to dislike the guy, really.

What is so great about his skin color being non-white' date=' it is his white brains that is responsible for his win. Why are Indians feeling proud when he denounces his roots? [/quote'] Jindal is an American citizen he is not an Indian citizen. He didn't denounce his roots I heard him clearly acknowledging the fact that his parents migrated from India. The reason Indians are proud about Jindal is the fact that his parents migrated to United States with a dream that is to give the best to their children and he achieved his parents dream. Whether he is a Christian or not is irrelevant. You have to look at him as a person not with the eyes of a Hindu fundamental.
True' date=' this can happen only in America. [b']His has gained the evangelical vote by wearing his faith on his sleeve, while he is only a convert. How can one be so brain-washed ?
I get a feeling that you are questioning his faith rather than looking at his other attributes. Also you think that someone who accepts a new religion shouldn't be talking about it. These type of thoughts come out of fear.

He is disliked by me because : 1. He is a hardcore Christian ( i don't like them) 2. He is a republican 3. he is an American politician 4. He is an open white-bootlicker 5. He denigrates his own ancestral culture. Any one of those 5 reasons are enough for me to dislike the guy, really.
The first four are your personal likings. You are departing from truth on the 5th one.