Squad for WI series

beetle

Re: Squad for WI series

I dont think Laxman/Kumble will be selected for WorldCup just becaue of their inability to perform at the highest level while fielding.
Kumble is unquestionably India's #1 bowler. His position in the team should never be in question (like SRT). I would prefer him to any super athletic player but a less talented/experienced bowler. I always wonder what would have happened if he had played in 2003 WC final - would Punter and Martin still be able to score the way they did? To put things in perspective, Indian batting was firing on all cylinders in those days and anything around 300 was realistically chase-able! So even if he had dented the aussie charge a bit - a couple of wickets - a few tidy overs - what might have been - oh well!!
gs - Kumble coming back to ODI team will depend on how H Singh and R Powar plays. R Powar and H Singh can swing the bat at the end of the innings and get some runs on board. If they can provide decent spells then Kumble's chances of coming back to OID team or for WC are slim. Again there is no double he is a good bowler and VVS is a good batsmen but the intensity of playing in ODI is much more and may be a little too much for Kumble at the moment.

Re: Squad for WI series Lets be realistic. This is more or less the team we will see for world cup with Sehwag - ganguly batting order interchangable. Sachin, Saurav, Rahul, Sehwag, Yuvraj, Dhoni Pathan / Kaif /Raina /kartik Kumble/Bhaji Agarkar Zaheer Sreesanth 6 -7 batmans and 4 bowlers. Our usual formula. BUT given the selection for the first 2 ODIs and if we approach the team selection policy followed by West Indias and ofcourse if in the next 8 games players like Joginder sharma and powar do well and somehow Pathan starts bowling better then have a look at this team Sachin, Saurav, Rahul, Sehwag, Yuvraj, Dhoni Pathan Sharma Powar Zaheer Sreesanth We bat till 9 and both zaheer and sreesanth are good for 8-10 runs each. 4 seamers 1 spinner and 4 part timers each capable of bowling atleast 5 overs each.

Re: Squad for WI series really gay selection looking like the old indian selection commitee, i seriously dont noe why so much goes against Laxman in regards to fielding, he has safe hands, what else do you need? His batting qualities are amazing. I dont even know anymore if he will feature in the world cup, it will be sad too see that after 86 odis he doesnt get to play in a world cup. I dont understand one thing though if Vengsarkar says he is not a good mover not a good fielder why is he on the probables for the WC it doesnt make sense...

Re: Squad for WI series its ok man its happened not like its happened before. I guess fielding and moving really wins games and has a larger effect than batting according to the selectors, and i also guess Raina can help bring us the world cup....bein sarcastic by the way.