Yuvraj eyes success in Tests

Feed

But there is no room in middle order esp when he is out of form.There r plenty of talented batsmen waiting in line...Plus his 50 average is when he has beenbatting as an opener.
Ya, agreed with you there. But here is someone who has shown us that he can perform at the top level. (Test level). 20 tests is enough for someone to show us that. If you complain that he's been in and out of the side, well, laxman has to, but are we in any doubt about his ability?What I meant to say in my earlier post was...iIf there is a spot available in the team, I would give Sehwag a chance before I gave Yuvraj a chance.
Ya' date=' agreed with you there. But here is someone who has shown us that he can perform at the top level. (Test level). 20 tests is enough for someone to show us that. If you complain that he's been in and out of the side, well, laxman has to, but are we in any doubt about his ability?What I meant to say in my earlier post was...iIf there is a spot available in the team, I would give Sehwag a chance before I gave Yuvraj a chance.[/quote'] I agree with u on that sehwag has performed consistently in tests. I dont deny that but sehwag getting a chance ahead of yuvraj is not how it will work. because sehwag has established himself as an opener and if he gets a chance in middle order ahead of inform yuvraj that will be mighty unfair and unjust and it doesnt make sense. If sehwag comes back in test, he will come back as an opener not as a middle order batsmen. I can bet a thousand dollars that yuvraj will be the next middle order batsmen to be given the chance by teh selectors when there is a space available. Its so obvious regardless of each of the forumers individual preferences.
I agree with u on that sehwag has performed consistently in tests. I dont deny that but sehwag getting a chance ahead of yuvraj is not how it will work. because sehwag has established himself as an opener and if he gets a chance in middle order ahead of inform yuvraj that will be mighty unfair and unjust and it doesnt make sense. If sehwag comes back in test, he will come back as an opener not as a middle order batsmen. I can bet a thousand dollars that yuvraj will be the next middle order batsmen to be given the chance by teh selectors when there is a space available. Its so obvious regardless of each of the forumers individual preferences.
We're not trying to predict the future are we? If thats the case, then even I would bet my house on Yuvraj getting a chance before him.. What I am saying is my opinion. I would rather give sehwag a chance in the middle order, than give yuvraj a chance... We're talking about individual preferences.. not what the selectors are gonna do.. everyone knows that..!
We're not trying to predict the future are we? If thats the case' date=' then even I would bet my house on Yuvraj getting a chance before him.. What I am saying is my opinion. I would rather give sehwag a chance in the middle order, than give yuvraj a chance... We're talking about individual preferences.. not what the selectors are gonna do.. everyone knows that..![/quote'] thats fair then so talkin abt personal prefernece..... I am of the opinion that yuvraj will be a good test batsmen and he is more mature now and that playing in tests will only improve his odi battign and he is now more determine to play tests than ever which could bring the best out of him.
Though at the moment he averages less than Afridi!!:hysterical:
Afridi? Sheesh. I'll one up that. In the last 8 tests they've played: Yuseless Poster Boy averages 28.25 Brett Lee averages 32.83 Daniel Vettori averages 35.18 Vettori and Lee bat around 8 for the most part. Yuseless is even being outperformed by lower order batsmen. This in spite of the flat wickets he's been gifted lately for tests - the likes of St. Johns in Antigua, Faisalabad, St. Kitts and St. Lucia.

To write off Yuvraj like this without even giving him a chance to prove his past record wrong is just unfair. It seems as though some of you are willing to back new-comers like Badrinath ( of whom very little is known) over a tried-tested ( albeit with a little failure) player Yuvraj. When was the last time he played a test match ? How has he performed in one-dayers since ? We must answer those question first before repeatedly propping stats that admittedly show him in poor light.

Yuseless has played 19 test matches, and played maybe one real knock of note and use. Some of us are willing to back newcomers like Badrinath with a superb domestic record over time, an excellent back foot game, a cool head and plenty of fine strokes around a good technique. Again, nearly 20 tests with an average below Afridi's, and in recent times, a record inferior to Brett Lee and Daniel Vettori. How many chances should we give him before we admit he's a failure? 30? 40? How about we give someone else a chance - someone who's been producing runs by the truckload lately, and has been on the fringe for some seasons now?

Can anyone counter that yuvraj had an average of 29 in odis at a time and now he averages 36 overall and improving?....what is to say he wont be improving in tests....Bringing his test average of 33 over 19 tests over an inconsistent run over and over again to prove a bias agenda is as stupid as it gets. I guess some of the usual suspects the fans of the PAPER god are migthy pissed..hahahaha but the inevitable is going to happen soon...Yuvraj will play tests permanently for India since he will be delivering consistent performances. cheers!

To write off Yuvraj like this without even giving him a chance to prove his past record wrong is just unfair. It seems as though some of you are willing to back new-comers like Badrinath ( of whom very little is known) over a tried-tested ( albeit with a little failure) player Yuvraj. When was the last time he played a test match ? How has he performed in one-dayers since ? We must answer those question first before repeatedly propping stats that admittedly show him in poor light.
well said. its just better to ignore the usual suspects...They repeat the same thing over and over again...When the time comes, they will be eating ****...and that too a handful.. cheers

As much as comparing his recent record in tests to the ones of Vettori's and Lee's makes up for good theatrics , it doesnt really prove anything. Does that mean that ANY test-playing batsman with a record inferior to a bowler shouldnt play ? Yuvraj was the in test squad for the english series and didnt play because Laxman got the nod over him. Assuming that its Laxman that needs to be replaced ( and i honestly dont see any other spot that is up for grabs) , it doesnt just make any sense to replace him with Badrinath , who is a new entrant into the squad, rather than Yuvraj , who is already in the squad. Its like saying to Yuvraj " Well , you were supposed to replace Laxman , thats why you were originally picked, but we like Badrinath better now". Effectively, Yuvraj is being denied even a chance to set his record straight. That isnt fair and will be massively detrimental to his morale. I say give him one full series. Lets see how he goes. If he still flatters to deceive , hard luck , you are out mate ! As simple as that.