Ponting backs MacGill

Feed

Hogg is a better spinner IMO. He doesnt offer a hit-me ball every over like McGill. Also' date=' the left arm spinners are a rare breed and not many teams including Indian and Srilanka have the luxury of practising against them.[/quote'] thats the secret of warne, there would be one off ball to four. But he is a legend at making people drive.

Mcgill is 36, Hogg is the same age too and i dont know who Australia has as a replacement to Warne. If there is one reason to believe that the Aussie dominance will fall over the next couple of years , it is that there is no one even coming close to filling Warne's boots Coming to the OP, generally if Ponting backs someone they perform quite well. Before the world cup, he was almost adamant that Shaun Tait will be a trump card despite him being so erratic, but Tait proved him right by finishing amongst the leading wicket-takers of the competition. If the pitches in Aus offer pace and bounce, then the attack of either Lee+Tait+Johnson or Lee+Tait+Clark will be quiet hot to handle. Much as i loathe saying this , i think it will be one hell of a challenge for us to even draw a match in Aus, let alone win this. We need our batting to be at its peak to have even a remote chance, but Karthik has had a nightmarish time with the bat off late and same goes with Dravid. You cant go into an Aussie series with question marks over one of your openers and no.3. Interesting times ahead.