Know your Daredevils

PAA-G

LAXMI RATAN SHUKLA

Laxmi-Ratan-Shukla.jpg

Age: 33 Years DOB: 6th May, 1981 Batting Style: Right handed middle order batsman Bowling Style:Right arm medium Role: All Rounder The poster boy of West Bengal cricket since the retirement of former India skipper Saurav Ganguly is now a daredevil. He was by far the brightest performer as Bengal (captained by Sourav Ganguly) won its first Vijay Hazare Trophy in 2012. In the group stage match against Jharkhand at Eden Gardens, he scored 151* from 96 balls (16 fours, 8 sixes) to chase down Jharkhand's score of 280/6 in just 38.1 overs. In the next match against Tripura at the Jadavpur University Sports Complex, after being bowled out to only 198 in 49 overs, he took 4/37 to bowl out Tripura for just 168 in 37.4 overs. In the quarter final, he took 2/37 against Madhya Pradesh. He took the wicket of Punjab's highest scorer Mandeep Singh (66) in the semifinal. In the final against Mumbai led by Ajit Agarkar, he took 4/38 (including openers Wasim Jaffer and Ajinkya Rahane) to bowl out Mumbai for only 248, and then chased it down with an 107* of 83 ball-partnership with Anustup Majumdar. He scored 106* from 90 balls, and Anustup Majumdar scored 50* from 45 balls to win the Vijay Hazare Trophy with 23 balls to spare. He has been fulfilling the role of a hard-hitting lower order batsman and a useful bowler for KKR in the IPL since 2008 and will be keen to contribute in the same manner for DD. STRENGTHS: Ability to score runs at a good pace. Big match player,capable of sending big players back to pavallion. WEAKNESSES: Might be difficult for him to break into team because of bigger names than him. FANS' SAY: Could be used as a surprise element.

LAXMI RATAN SHUKLA

Laxmi-300x177.jpg

Age: 33 Years DOB: 6th May, 1981 Batting Style: Right handed middle order batsman Bowling Style:Right arm medium Role: All Rounder The poster boy of West Bengal cricket since the retirement of former India skipper Saurav Ganguly is now a daredevil. He was by far the brightest performer as Bengal (captained by Sourav Ganguly) won its first Vijay Hazare Trophy in 2012. In the group stage match against Jharkhand at Eden Gardens, he scored 151* from 96 balls (16 fours, 8 sixes) to chase down Jharkhand's score of 280/6 in just 38.1 overs. In the next match against Tripura at the Jadavpur University Sports Complex, after being bowled out to only 198 in 49 overs, he took 4/37 to bowl out Tripura for just 168 in 37.4 overs. In the quarter final, he took 2/37 against Madhya Pradesh. He took the wicket of Punjab's highest scorer Mandeep Singh (66) in the semifinal. In the final against Mumbai led by Ajit Agarkar, he took 4/38 (including openers Wasim Jaffer and Ajinkya Rahane) to bowl out Mumbai for only 248, and then chased it down with an 107* of 83 ball-partnership with Anustup Majumdar. He scored 106* from 90 balls, and Anustup Majumdar scored 50* from 45 balls to win the Vijay Hazare Trophy with 23 balls to spare. He has been fulfilling the role of a hard-hitting lower order batsman and a useful bowler for KKR in the IPL since 2008 and will be keen to contribute in the same manner for DD. STRENGTHS: Ability to score runs at a good pace. Big match player,capable of sending big players back to pavallion. WEAKNESSES: Might be difficult for him to break into team because of bigger names than him. FANS' SAY: Could be used as a surprise element.

He can be a real x-factor for DD. I always liked this guy. One of the few unfortunate players to not get an extended run in the Indian team.

Time to give a huge round of applause to following Daredevils on their performance in Vijay Hazare Trophy: Siddharth Kaul bags 5/47 in Railways v/s Punjab encounter.:clap: Rahul Shukla impressed with his man of the match performance, 32* and 5/61, for Jharkhand agst Services setting themselves a semifinals clash agst Karnatka.:clap:

Time to give a huge round of applause to following Daredevils on their performance in Vijay Hazare Trophy: Siddharth Kaul bags 5/47 in Railways v/s Punjab encounter.:clap: Rahul Shukla impressed with his man of the match performance, 32* and 5/61, for Jharkhand agst Services setting themselves a semifinals clash agst Karnatka.:clap:
:isalute: :dd:

Hosagivappa Shivalingaiah Sharath

HS-Sharath.jpg

DOB: 2nd June, 1993 Age: 21 Responsibility: Bowler Batting Style: Right handed lower order batsman Bowling Style: Right arm medium A five wicket haul on debut saw him cement his place in the Karnataka Ranji team as a rookie in 2012. The medium pacer has been a vital cog in the Ranji Champions wheel this year. Sharath relishes going up against star-studded teams and established players. His overall figures of 8 for 89 against Mumbai guided Karnataka to their first-ever outright victory against the defending champions in Ranji Trophy history, and he was rightfully declared Man of the Match. Against Delhi, Sharath dismissed both Virender Sehwag and Gautam Gambhir. Sharath has also benefited immensely from a two-year stint at the MRF Pace Foundation in Chennai, under Dennis Lillee and later Glenn McGrath, one of his role models. “I worked with Dennis Lillee for one year,” he said. “He would tell me what type of bowling is required for Tests and for ODIs. He would explain how to prepare on the eve of a match. I really worked on my fitness there as well because I know how important that is on an international platform.” Twenty one-year-old H S Sharath will be the youngest member of the Delhi Daredevils squad. DD welcomes this daredevil and hopes that the youngster uses the platform to knock the national selector’s door. STRENGTHS: Motivated Player. Shall bring positivity in the team. Height of 6 ft 3" with bowling from over 7 ft. WEAKNESS: Played only one T20 agst Andhra bagging 1/17 of his 3 overs FANS' SAY: Good luck young boy:nice:

JAYANT YADAV

Jayant-Yadav.jpg

DOB: 22nd January, 1990 Age: 24 Responsibility: All Rounder Batting Style: Right handed lower order batsman Bowling Style: Right arm off spin He is born in Delhi and plays for Haryana as a off-spinner. He also holds the record of highest score in Ranji Trophy by a number nine batsman and can use the long handle pretty effectively. Jayant Yadav knows the playing condition at Kotla like the back of his hand and will provide the much- needed variety to the DD attack. Yadav played his last T20 agst Punjab for Haryana at Mohali and bagged 3/10 (4 overs) including the wickets of Vohra and Gurkeerat. STRENGTHS: Stingy. Bowls wicket to wicket line. WEAKNESS: Not had much exposure with only 6 T20s under his belt. FANS' SAY:After having bowled Shami im initial powerplay :dd: can spring an attack in middle overs further through Yadav.

Hosagivappa Shivalingaiah Sharath

HS-Sharath.jpg

DOB: 2nd June, 1993 Age: 21 Responsibility: Bowler Batting Style: Right handed lower order batsman Bowling Style: Right arm medium A five wicket haul on debut saw him cement his place in the Karnataka Ranji team as a rookie in 2012. The medium pacer has been a vital cog in the Ranji Champions wheel this year. Sharath relishes going up against star-studded teams and established players. His overall figures of 8 for 89 against Mumbai guided Karnataka to their first-ever outright victory against the defending champions in Ranji Trophy history, and he was rightfully declared Man of the Match. Against Delhi, Sharath dismissed both Virender Sehwag and Gautam Gambhir. Sharath has also benefited immensely from a two-year stint at the MRF Pace Foundation in Chennai, under Dennis Lillee and later Glenn McGrath, one of his role models. “I worked with Dennis Lillee for one year,” he said. “He would tell me what type of bowling is required for Tests and for ODIs. He would explain how to prepare on the eve of a match. I really worked on my fitness there as well because I know how important that is on an international platform.” Twenty one-year-old H S Sharath will be the youngest member of the Delhi Daredevils squad. DD welcomes this daredevil and hopes that the youngster uses the platform to knock the national selector’s door. STRENGTHS: Motivated Player. Shall bring positivity in the team. Height of 6 ft 3" with bowling from over 7 ft. WEAKNESS: Played only one T20 agst Andhra bagging 1/17 of his 3 overs FANS' SAY: Good luck young boy:nice:

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: