Tennis: ATP/WTA Tour 2014

Raghav_12

Tennis: ATP/WTA Tour 2014  

1. 1.

• Rafael Nadal
    • Novak Djokovic
    • Andy Murray
    • None of the above

Nadal pulls out of Cincinnati and Toronto due to a wrist injury, questionable for the US open. Has to be one of the unluckiest top players when it comes to injury. http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2014/07/nadal-pulls-out-toronto-cincinnati-questionable-us-open/52293/#.U9kv4_ldUrW
Thats big blow. He had swept this part last year so had to defend a lot of points.

Nadal pulls out of Cincinnati and Toronto due to a wrist injury, questionable for the US open. Has to be one of the unluckiest top players when it comes to injury. http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2014/07/nadal-pulls-out-toronto-cincinnati-questionable-us-open/52293/#.U9kv4_ldUrW
Don't worry, he'll come back from injury and win everything in sight like he did last time and the time before that. Nadal is famous for these miraculous recoveries. When other sportsmen take sometimes the same amount of time they are off to come back to peak form, Nadal will be at peak form for the US Open if not the Asian Hard Court swing or whenever he comes back. Also with Nadal, he's not unlucky to get injured, the way he plays and the way he practises he's bound to get injured. I'm surprised he last for as long as he does given the physical nature of his tennis. Goes full out with high intensity practise too, that won't help rest properly. I would be very disappointed if he's not in the US Open, a Novak or Fed or for that matter anyone, winning in a Nadal-less slam doesn't give the same joy.

Also with Nadal, he's not unlucky to get injured, the way he plays and the way he practises he's bound to get injured. I'm surprised he last for as long as he does given the physical nature of his tennis. Goes full out with high intensity practise too, that won't help rest properly.
It's a right wrist injury has nothing to do with his playing style. At least get yourself informed before sounding like an idiot every single time.

It's a right wrist injury has nothing to do with his playing style. At least get yourself informed before sounding like an idiot every single time.
So Nadal doesn't play tennis with his BH? There is nothing he does, no shots in his game that involve the right wrist? It sounds quite similar to the injury that Del Potro has had and if it is, then it has everything to do with the playing style. Del Potro was playing with just a FH and a BH slice for months because of it. Nadal's style of tennis is very physical. Roger's is not so much physical and Djokovic is in the middle. Nadal has had multiple injuries, some of them quite big ones. Djokovic and especially Fed have been very consistent and playing without many injuries. Is that a co-incidence?

So Nadal doesn't play tennis with his BH? There is nothing he does, no shots in his game that involve the right wrist? It sounds quite similar to the injury that Del Potro has had and if it is, then it has everything to do with the playing style. Del Potro was playing with just a FH and a BH slice for months because of it. Nadal's style of tennis is very physical. Roger's is not so much physical and Djokovic is in the middle. Nadal has had multiple injuries, some of them quite big ones. Djokovic and especially Fed have been very consistent and playing without many injuries. Is that a co-incidence?
How do you know that he just did not fell on the court and injured his wrist? Djokovic puts as much strain on his body as Nadal does. He is just more flexible. He also missed a few tournaments in the clay season due to an arm injury, remember? Is Murray's game more physical that Djokovic? I don't think so. Yet he had to undergo a surgery last year. Federer has a non taxing style but he has been incredibly fortunate. If you play for that long there will be some freak injuries not related to your playing style. Everyone who has played tennis has had them. Sampras withdrew from the 1999 Aus open, US open and almost withdrew from the 2000 Wimbledon. He hardly played a physical game. But I don't expect you to know that, after all you have followed tennis only for 3 years. :giggle:

That's cute and up their with your tennis acumen. :haha:
Let's take the top 4 and compare them. Which of them has the most physical game? Nadal. Which of them has suffered the most injuries forcing withdrawal/non-entry? Nadal. Who has the easiest shots on their body? Fed. Who plays physically the least demanding game? Fed. Whether you like to admit it or not, is irrelevant. Nadal plays a very intense style of tennis and injuries are going to be far more likely for him. Novak plays quite intense tennis as well, but his shows even from what we see look far more fluid and easy on his body. Nadal's injuries outnumber the others and only a clown, which you happen to be, would try and say there's no correlleration between the style of tennis played and the likelyhood of injury. Yes injuries can happen to anyone at any time, but they are sure as hell far more likely to come to someone who put their body on the line every point in match and in training.

Let's take the top 4 and compare them. Which of them has the most physical game? Nadal. Which of them has suffered the most injuries forcing withdrawal/non-entry? Nadal. Who has the easiest shots on their body? Fed. Who plays physically the least demanding game? Fed. Whether you like to admit it or not, is irrelevant. Nadal plays a very intense style of tennis and injuries are going to be far more likely for him. Novak plays quite intense tennis as well, but his shows even from what we see look far more fluid and easy on his body. Nadal's injuries outnumber the others and only a clown, which you happen to be, would try and say there's no correlleration between the style of tennis played and the likelyhood of injury. Yes injuries can happen to anyone at any time, but they are sure as hell far more likely to come to someone who put their body on the line every point in match and in training.
If you had a bit of brain, you would realize that I never contested your point that Nadal's game is physical. However he is not the only player with a physical game. Djokovic plays an equally demanding game by tracking down every single point and slipping and sliding on court. But all his injuries are not due to his style of play. His knee injuries date back to mid teenage years when he was just starting his career and the right wrist injury has nothing to do with his playing style.

Anyways there is no point arguing with idiots like you. I mean you declared his Aus open final injury as fake and you and the other clown were also convinced that he was doping without even a shred of evidence. So we all know where you stand and how stupid you can be.

Anyways there is no point arguing with idiots like you. I mean you declared his Aus open final injury as fake and you and the other clown were also convinced that he was doping without even a shred of evidence. So we all know where you stand and how stupid you can be.
Ask any non tennis fan, someone who knows nothing about the sport the following question. If a player is injured and forced out of a sport for 7/8 months, do you think they will come back and almost instantly (in ATP Tour scale) start winning things and be in peak form? Do you really think that doesn't sound fishy? Evidence or no evidence, you know what people are bound to think. I like to go back to guys like DelPo and now Murray, out with an injury and never being able to get back to anyhwere near peak form. Also, I agree Novak plays quite an intense and physical game. But Novak unlike Rafa goes wondering during matches and he definitely doesn't go all out in practise. Novak plays the least from the top guys in terms of number of events each year as well. So whilst it looks like Novak is on a par with the stress on his body, you soon see there is quite a gap between them. Novak's FH and BH look far more fluid and easy on his body than Rafa's shots. Rafa's BH especially looks tough on the body.

Ask any non tennis fan, someone who knows nothing about the sport the following question. If a player is injured and forced out of a sport for 7/8 months, do you think they will come back and almost instantly (in ATP Tour scale) start winning things and be in peak form? Do you really think that doesn't sound fishy? Evidence or no evidence, you know what people are bound to think. I like to go back to guys like DelPo and now Murray, out with an injury and never being able to get back to anyhwere near peak form.
We have gone over that before. Del Po and Murray are not as good as Nadal. Nadal's mental strength and tenacity are 10 times more that both of them combined. It is as simple as that. Also Murray underwent a surgery and DelPo never really recovered and had to undergo a surgery. As I said before if suspicion is the only basis then Djokovic sudden change from a physical midget to a monster in 2010-2011 is also very suspicious and Federer's non stop energy to keep going for so long is also very suspicious. No player in the history has had such non stop reservoir of energy. Idiots like you are free to think anything, I was just pointing out that it is futile to argue with such people.

Again calling me an idiot doesn't make your point any more meaningful. You're still typing nonsense whether you stick the word idiot in there or not. Nothing is as suspicious in the beautiful sport than Nadal's almost instant recoveries from long injury lay offs.

Again calling me an idiot doesn't make your point any more meaningful. You're still typing nonsense whether you stick the word idiot in there or not.
That's rich coming from someone who called me a clown just a couple of posts ago. :hysterical: But I genuinely feel that you have very limited understanding of the game. But at least you are not a pathological liar like that muloghonto clown.

That's rich coming from someone who called me a clown just a couple of posts ago. :hysterical: But I genuinely feel that you have very limited understanding of the game. But at least you are not a pathological liar like that muloghonto clown.
I genuinely think you have a rod the size of a pogo stick up your ****, but at least you are not a cheat like Nadal.

I genuinely think you have a rod the size of a pogo stick up your ****' date=' but at least you are not a cheat like Nadal.[/quote'] The fact that you act like an ass every time Nadal loses or has an injury tells one everything about you. Did you see any of us behaving like a ***** that you do when Novak injured his arm or when Federer had back issues last year. No. Get a life!

Slander is the usual tool of kids who think they know it all. I can garantee that you wouldnt be able to take a set off of me on any surface, even if you were billy jean to my bobby riggs. And you know f sweet all about tennis, just a nadal fanboy pretending to be neutral. That nadal is a suspected drug cheat, is nothing new, such rumours have been around for a while now. He isnt any mentally stronger than federer or djokovic. Mental strength is indicated in crucial points. In that, he is no great shakes like sampras was. He is simply the guy with the fastest recovery time and performance post injury ever seen in tennis. Sent from my GT-S5830D using Tapatalk 2