Malaysian airlines mystery

Number

Air France flight settled down 3900 m below sea..here the sea is only 80 m deep. nevertheless I am sure it is not an easy search. my hopes of any good news have faded. the plane is in the ocean bed below....tech fault or terrorist attack ( one group claimed responsibility)
Who claimed responsibility?

Isnt this beyond outrageous that, in the year 2014, we have passenger jets – often flying with several 100 passengers on board –flying in our airspace without the ability to uplink information about their position, airspeed, aircraft health, etc real time to a satellite that can later be retrieved via a ground communication station? For god’s sake, my $500 phone has the ability to tell my friends where I am, but is it too much to ask of a $250 mn jet? Every single time there is an air-crash, there’s this utterly wasteful and expensive exercise of a) finding the crash location ( if the crash happened over sea, it makes pinpointing the accident site more difficult) and b) retrieving the flight data recorders and the cockpit voice recorders to understand the reasons for the crash. For several years now, flight safety regulators have asked for aircraft manufacturers and airlines to make upload all flight path and aircraft health information real time so that all of this can be avoided. But the industry has always resisted this change.

Isnt this beyond outrageous that, in the year 2014, we have passenger jets – often flying with several 100 passengers on board –flying in our airspace without the ability to uplink information about their position, airspeed, aircraft health, etc real time to a satellite that can later be retrieved via a ground communication station? For god’s sake, my $500 phone has the ability to tell my friends where I am, but is it too much to ask of a $250 mn jet? Every single time there is an air-crash, there’s this utterly wasteful and expensive exercise of a) finding the crash location ( if the crash happened over sea, it makes pinpointing the accident site more difficult) and b) retrieving the flight data recorders and the cockpit voice recorders to understand the reasons for the crash. For several years now, flight safety regulators have asked for aircraft manufacturers and airlines to make upload all flight path and aircraft health information real time so that all of this can be avoided. But the industry has always resisted this change.
that still wont save the plane but give reasons for the crash. i am thinking that if there is a strong case and then a possibility to have multiple man made islands / stations in the oceans capable to handle emergency landings...just a thought

The website which had a video of mh370 disappearing was already tracking the airplane using information the plane was transmitting till it stopped suddenly.
And the blackbox,
They are designed to emit an underwater locator beacon for up to 30 days and can operate immersed to a depth of up to 6,000 meters (20,000 ft).[19][20]

that still wont save the plane but give reasons for the crash. i am thinking that if there is a strong case and then a possibility to have multiple man made islands / stations in the oceans capable to handle emergency landings...just a thought
With all due respect, I think your idea is not feasible. No 1 - It may be cheaper to equip every passenger jet with portable jet-packs that passengers can use to land safely, in case of a flight emergency. No.2 – Even if we do populate the oceans of the world with these periodical landing strips, even that wont guarantee that a plane in trouble can actually make those. Many flight mechanical malfunctions that lead to crashes begin and end within a time of 60-70 secs, hardly any time for a pilot to search around for these strips. But back to the original point – of course the live uplink of data wont prevent that crash at that moment, but think of what it can do to revolutionize flying safety. If we can instantly access all flight path and aircraft information immediately after a crash, that means less time searching around for the flight data recorders and more time analyzing the data to prevent future crashes. Besides, there’s the human angle too – Can you imagine the plight of the families of the 240 people on board this Malaysian airlines flight? How painful must it be, not knowing exactly what happened to love you one. At least, we could give instant closures to those families and friends.

How flightradar website works?

Flightradar24 is a flight tracker that shows live air traffic from around the world. Flightradar24 combines data from several data sources including ADS-B, MLAT and FAA. The ADS-B, MLAT and FAA data is aggregated together with schedule and flight status data from airlines and airports to create a unique flight tracking experience on www.flightradar24.com and in Flightradar24 apps. The primary technology that we use to receive flight information is called automatic dependent surveillance-broadcast (ADS-B). ADS-B
  1. Aircraft gets its location from a GPS navigation source (satellite)
  2. The ADS-B transponder on aircraft transmits signal containing the location (and much more)
  3. ADS-B signal is picked up by a receiver connected to Flightradar24
  4. Receiver feeds data to Flightradar24
  5. Data is shown on www.flightradar24.com and in Flightradar24 apps

.................... ...................

http://www.flightradar24.com/how-it-works ADS-B on mh370 was being used till it was suddenly turned off most probably due to an electric failure.

With all due respect, I think your idea is not feasible. No 1 - It may be cheaper to equip every passenger jet with portable jet-packs that passengers can use to land safely, in case of a flight emergency. No.2 – Even if we do populate the oceans of the world with these periodical landing strips, even that wont guarantee that a plane in trouble can actually make those. Many flight mechanical malfunctions that lead to crashes begin and end within a time of 60-70 secs, hardly any time for a pilot to search around for these strips. But back to the original point – of course the live uplink of data wont prevent that crash at that moment, but think of what it can do to revolutionize flying safety. If we can instantly access all flight path and aircraft information immediately after a crash, that means less time searching around for the flight data recorders and more time analyzing the data to prevent future crashes. Besides, there’s the human angle too – Can you imagine the plight of the families of the 240 people on board this Malaysian airlines flight? How painful must it be, not knowing exactly what happened to love you one. At least, we could give instant closures to those families and friends.
I understand the plight. but what you suggest is already available. if connectivity is lost, even live uplink wont work. for Mid Air blasts we cant do much but if a plane has 20 - 30 minutes to land, these stations can save lives. hoping they will be thought of in the future.