Mahanama to officiate in Indo-Pak ODI series

DesiChap

A STAFF REPORTER

Calcutta: Roshan Mahanama will be the Match Referee for the five-match ODI series between India and Pakistan beginning in Guwahati on November 5. For the three-Test series to follow, Ranjan Madugalle will be the Match Referee. Ian Gould will be the international panel umpire in the first three ODIs, which will be played in Guwahati, Mohali and Kanpur, with local appointments. Billy Doctrove will be the neutral umpire in the remaining two ODIs, in Gwalior and Jaipur. Simon Taufel and Doctrove will be the umpires in the first Test in Delhi. Doctrove will be joined by Billy Bowden in the second Test in Calcutta. Taufel and Bowden will stand in the third and final Test in Bangalore. Down Under, Mike Procter will be the Match Referee for the Australia-Sri Lanka two-Test series in Brisbane and Hobart. Aleem Dar and Rudi Koertzen will be the umpires in both the Tests. Mark Benson will be the international umpire for the three ODIs between Australia and New Zealand. Roshan Mahanama will be the Match Referee. In South Africa, New Zealand will plays two Tests, three ODIs and a Twenty20 International against Graeme Smith’s Proteas. Both Tests, to be played in Johannesburg and Centurion, will be umpired by Daryl Harper and Mark Benson. Jawagal Srinath will be the Match Referee for all the matches. Jeff Crowe will be the Match Referee for the England-Sri Lanka Test series in December. ICC APPOINTMENTS (For Indo-Pak Series) ODIs — 1st (Nov. 5, Guwahati): Ian Gould; 2nd (Nov. 8, Mohali): Ian Gould; 3rd (Nov. 11, Kanpur): Ian Gould; 4th (Nov. 15, Gwalior): Billy Doctrove; 5th (Nov. 18, Jaipur): Billy Doctrove. Tests — 1st (Nov. 22-26, Delhi): Simon Taufel and Billy Doctrove; 2nd (Nov. 30-Dec. 4, Calcutta): Billy Doctrove and Billy Bowden; 3rd (Dec. 8-12, Bangalore): Simon Taufel and Billy Bowden.

http://www.telegraphindia.com/1071030/asp/sports/story_8489612.asp

I've actually said a lot about it on other boards where I post a lot more, and have just gotten tired of repeating it. But his doosra (like most other doosras) is a ****ing throw, and he does chuck his regular offbreaks from time to time. I still don't understand why anyone fails to pick it up. The biggest example you can find is that game against Bangladesh from the 07 WC - it looked like almost half his deliveries there were pelted. (Maybe they just felt sorry for him being on the losing side that game and didn't slap him with a threat to actually BOWL). Another reason I hold the likes of Powar, Chawla, Mishra and even Sehwag in higher regard. They BOWL.

once bitten twice shy ehhh ? :hysterical:
Sriram :hysterical:
You guys are laughing as though you won the argument against me, NO YOU DIDNT. I still stand by what i said in that thread , except ofcourse i was the only one on my side and there was like 2 dozen guys on your side. I know it may suggest that i was hopelessly wrong , but still.............:haha:
You guys are laughing as though you won the argument against me, NO YOU DIDNT. I still stand by what i said in that thread , except ofcourse i was the only one on my side and there was like 2 dozen guys on your side. I know it may suggest that i was hopelessly wrong , but still.............:haha:
For me, after a while, it reached this. My personal opinion was to have a fair game, even if it was boring, yours was to have an exiting game, even if it isnt fair. I am just laughing at your opinion, and then your response in this thread. :haha: லெட் மெ லௌக்ஹ் இன் பெஅசெ :D

**** man , now i have people ganging up and laughing at me. Is this the way you treat a poor grad student from India , you uncultured red-necks ! :haha: Just would like to know , is there an option that would allow me to delete all of my posts in one particular thread en masse ? including if i have been quoted by other posters ? Just asking so that if i inadvertantly use profanities in the future , i can delete them. It has got nothing to do with that umpiring thread. :D