Judge your captain's performance.

dial_100

Please we are not having a stupid discussion. Give me your numbers. We can verify them after few months to check how both the captains are doing. And talk of thresholds. Test matches: A.] How many games before we make a decision to change? B.] What Win/Lose ratio is acceptable? C.] What batting avg do you accept for a captain? D.] Do you expect him to perform better than....??? E.] How many series wins ? ODI matches: F.] How many games before we make a decision to change? G.] What Win/Lose ratio is acceptable? H.] What batting avg./SR do you accept for a captain? I.] Do you expect him to perform better than....??? J.] How many Tourneys he should win?? Guys, give in your answers for A, B, C, D..........Just few words to describe your selection. NO TIME TO read your essays.

SRT as a Test Captain: A. 10 Test matches B. 5 wins/3 Loses is acceptable C. 45+ D. He should be in TOP 2 batsmen E. I think 2 and 1 Draw. Dhoni as ODI Captain. F. 25 games G. 60% H. 40+ Its about time he gives us lot more than 30. I. SG, Uthhapa, Pathan and New comer. J. at least 1 Tri nations series or 2 Two-nations serieses

Test matches: A.] How many games before we make a decision to change? - I would give him 3 home series and 2 away series, thats roughly 12-14 months.I would say If I dont see good performance or evidence of improvement , he's gotto go. B.] What Win/Lose ratio is acceptable? - Must win every home series ( maybe except the Aussies) , must win abroad against Windies , England , Pak , Bangla with maybe draws in S.L and NZ and losses to the Saffies and Aussies. C.] What batting avg do you accept for a captain? - If for a top-order batsman , anything over 45 , with atleast one significant innings per series. D.] Do you expect him to perform better than....??? - Better than whom ? E.] How many series wins ? - Refer to point 2 ODI matches: F.] How many games before we make a decision to change? - 25 games or 10 months. G.] What Win/Lose ratio is acceptable? - win % of 60 is okie. H.] What batting avg./SR do you accept for a captain? - Tough to call. ODI numbers can be misleading. I.] Do you expect him to perform better than....??? - ?? J.] How many Tourneys he should win?? - Again , win every home series except against aussies maybe, win all bilateral series against Zim , BD , SL , NZ , Windies and Eng. with the odd loss to Saffies and SL. maybe. must make it to the knock-out rounds of all major tournamentss