LTTE no.2 killed

Ram

Stop killing innocent people. Peaceful protest. And if the tamils still dont like it then fack of and move to another country. You no doubt support islamic terrorism as well
And you have absolutely no clue on how this world works when you say " fck and move to another country". Could there be a more naive statement ? And yes, I support the Iraqi civil war and the palestinian movement ,proudly.

Sriram, Whats your take on M Karunanidhi writing a poem for the slain LTTE leader? I seriously wonder how MK gets away with bl00dy murder. Had there been a Muslim politician who had sung hosanna for a Terrorist leader he would have been roasted alive. I have to wonder how MK gets away with it?

Whats your take on M Karunanidhi writing a poem for the slain LTTE leader? I seriously wonder how MK gets away with bl00dy murder. Had there been a Muslim politician who had sung hosanna for a Terrorist leader he would have been roasted alive. I have to wonder how MK gets away with it?
I guess therein lies the difference. Its one thing for a Muslim leader in India to come out in support of say the Iraqi civil war, but an entirely different issue for a Tamil politician to express support for the LTTE cause, even though both of them are justifying terrorism. Shows how paranoid our society when it comes to religion. And reg MK, what else can we expect Lurks ? The sense of Tamil nationalism is still quite strong in Tamil Nadu and you have these politicians playing up to these masses to garner votes and evoke the " Tamil Pride". Its a shame that many Tamil politicians have openly expressed sympathy towards LTTE , which is a bona fide, ruthless terrorist organization. Ofcourse, expressing moral support is one thing, but covertly/openly helping them is a another issue. I am sure no mainstream tamil politician will do that. The LTTE lost a lot of supporters after the Rajiv Gandhi assassination, IMO

Sriram, Whats your take on M Karunanidhi writing a poem for the slain LTTE leader? I seriously wonder how MK gets away with bl00dy murder. Had there been a Muslim politician who had sung hosanna for a Terrorist leader he would have been roasted alive. I have to wonder how MK gets away with it?
.i dont think u can send him to jail over it or could they? he hasnt gotten away with it.. amma is baying for his blood congress has criticised but distanced itself from his remarks and i am guessing he wont get any sympathy from bjp either after the ram remarks..

And you have absolutely no clue on how this world works when you say " fck and move to another country". Could there be a more naive statement ? And yes, I support the Iraqi civil war and the palestinian movement ,proudly.
Very sad! I thought you were better then that, you support terrorism and killing of innocent people! Do you support kasmir terrorists? Do you support 9/11 bombers? Do you support July bombers in London? Do you support Madrid bombings?

Very sad! I thought you were better then that, you support terrorism and killing of innocent people! Do you support kasmir terrorists? Do you support 9/11 bombers? Do you support July bombers in London? Do you support Madrid bombings?
You are mistaken massively. What movements or causes i support has nothing to do with my own ways of life. Again, read carefully. When did i say i support terrorism ? Ofcourse i dont. The ones i have listed as those i am sympathetic towards are legitimate struggles against foreign occupation, not terrorism. I condemn any act that harms a life, whatever its reasons be.

I guess therein lies the difference. Its one thing for a Muslim leader in India to come out in support of say the Iraqi civil war' date= but an entirely different issue for a Tamil politician to express support for the LTTE cause, even though both of them are justifying terrorism. Shows how paranoid our society when it comes to religion.
True. I am not sure if I should call it as regionalism or culturalism or whatever but yes it is strange that it is deemed alright for a Tamil politician to say what he did and get away with it but to castigate a Muslim leader if he did the same.
The sense of Tamil nationalism is still quite strong in Tamil Nadu and you have these politicians playing up to these masses to garner votes and evoke the " Tamil Pride". Its a shame that many Tamil politicians have openly expressed sympathy towards LTTE , which is a bona fide, ruthless terrorist organization.
That often worries me. Tamil Nationalism may not be very violent but sure is deep engrained. I dont think every Tamil supports that, and I would say it is a minority that does, but there is that minority alright. I wonder if its a case of being pro-Tamil or anti-India?

What is the most saddening aspect of Tamil nationalism is that they are the biggest proponents of the now defunct & faulty theory of 'Aryan invasions' in Indian history. Simply because, the Tamil nationalists seek to potray themselves as the 'original indians' that got whacked by the 'barbarian invading ancestors of the sanskrit-speaking club'. I understand why they do it ( they stand to gain the most from twisting the facts for aryan invasion theory) but its rather sad that they'd do that than look at the overall picture.

The case of LTTE terrorism (tamil separatists) is very similar to Kashmir problem. If we are sympathetic to one cause, there will be the same reason to support the other cause as well. IMO, Sinhala govt needs to be empowered to crush the LTTE terrorism and address the Tamils' issue using diplomacy, just like we want India to solve Kashmiri problem.

True. I am not sure if I should call it as regionalism or culturalism or whatever but yes it is strange that it is deemed alright for a Tamil politician to say what he did and get away with it but to castigate a Muslim leader if he did the same.
I would call it misplaced Linguistic nationalism.
That often worries me. Tamil Nationalism may not be very violent but sure is deep engrained. I dont think every Tamil supports that' date=' and I would say it is a minority that does, but there is that minority alright. I wonder if its a case of being pro-Tamil or anti-India?[/quote'] The Tamil nationalist movements is a very fragmented movement Lurks and it doesnt have popular support from the masses at all. They are these isolated groups like the TNLA ( Tamil Nadu Liberation Army) that operate in the some part of Southern T.N but the govt has been very effective in eliminating the top leadership of these groups, making them almost defunct. There was this time when these groups made a big name , when they were rumoured to have joined hands with Verappan. But apart from sporadic attacks on Rural police stations, these guys are almost Dormant now. As far as the politicians are concerned, no mainstream political parry in TN has ever even been accused of having links with these groups , but you do have these occasional newbie parties that " identify" themselves with such causes only to die a natural death. To put it in short, the Tamil nationalist movement is all but dead, buried and homages paid for.

The case of LTTE terrorism (tamil separatists) is very similar to Kashmir problem. If we are sympathetic to one cause' date=' there will be the same reason to support the other cause as well. IMO, Sinhala govt needs to be empowered to crush the LTTE terrorism and address the Tamils' issue using diplomacy, just like we want India to solve Kashmiri problem.[/quote'] They are two fundamentally different movements which should not be equated. If the LTTE and what they are fighting for is purely terrorism and nothing else as you think, how can you explain the Sri Lankan govt and LTTE conducting internationally recognized negotiations under the banner of the UN with help from the Norwegians in Oslo ? The Tamil Liberation movement in Sri Lanka is a legitimate movement aimed at self-determination and equal rights. Please dont confuse it with other terrorist phenomena.

They are two fundamentally different movements which should not be equated. If the LTTE and what they are fighting for is purely terrorism and nothing else as you think, how can you explain the Sri Lankan govt and LTTE conducting internationally recognized negotiations under the banner of the UN with help from the Norwegians in Oslo ? The Tamil Liberation movement in Sri Lanka is a legitimate movement aimed at self-determination and equal rights. Please dont confuse it with other terrorist phenomena.
Muslim Kashmiris feel discriminated by Hindu majority and want to separate. It bears the same ring as the tamils' cause in SL. Not legit. SL govt is weak and LTTE has support. They get aid from tamils living in India/abroad. That is why UN is pushing for peace talks. If some linguistic group in India wants to separate (like the Bodos or Nagas) would it make it legitimate?

Muslim Kashmiris feel discriminated by Hindu majority and want to separate. It bears the same ring as the tamils' cause in SL. Not legit. SL govt is weak and LTTE has support. They get aid from tamils living in India/abroad. That is why UN is pushing for peace talks. If some linguistic group in India wants to separate (like the Bodos or Nagas) would it make it legitimate?
I think you might want to refresh some of your history lessons before equating different political phenomena. Kashmir and Sri Lanka are NOT the same. Pakistan tried its best to create trouble to India and their most easy instrument was to foster trouble in Kashmir. And once they realized that Wars wasnt going to work, they decided to use Proxy war as an instrument of state policy. The Kashmir Jihad essentially started in 1990, which was when there was a massive influx of foreign fighters in the Valley. And The Kashmris felt discriminated by the Hindu majority ? What kind of statement is that ? Muslims are the MAJORITY in Kashmir and it was the Hindu Pandits who were driven away by them. And do you know that, till date, Kashmir gets preferential treatment for the govt of India in many issues ? The Eelam war was a culmination of decades of discrimination and abuse of the Tamils by the Sinhala majority. As i said , if they were terrorists and nothing more , you wouldnt have had round-table discussions between LTTE and Sri Lankan govt under the auspices of the UN.

MM, I am saying those things for arguments' sake about how Kashmiris make the same arguments as tamils and there is no one way of supporting such causes. If we feel justified to thrash Kashmiri resistence, the same way Sinhalese will try to fight out the tamils. The problem can be resolved only with talks and diplomacy.

I am not too overly concerned with how official govt machinery see these movements. Of course , they will say its terrorism and will use every means to crush it. But, we as common public, must be able to distinguish which movements are legitimate and which arent. Of course , the important thing here, its one thing to be sympathetic towards some movement, but an entirely different matter to either covertly/explicitly help it. While the former is ok and is based on one's own moral values on what is right or wrong, the latter is totally against the established norms of society. For Example, I support the Tamil Movement, but i oppose the LTTE and their means.